+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Planar attunements and their enhancements?

Soulwalker

Default Planar attunements and their enhancements?

Hello everyone,
    I have noticed I have quite a bit of attunement points saved up and I am not quite sure where I want to place them. Currently in pve dps I am using an mm build with a rk8 gun and this is where the dilemma starts. Looking at the t2 enhancements I am not sure which is best or what all I need to be looking at. Air gives the nice 30x2 dex buffs but is daggers and bows. The others have there obvious things Im sure others have been through.

Any have any recommendations from previous testing or anything? Let me know if you need any other info. Thanks.

If you PVE and use Whetstones,
    all of the enchantments are worthless unless you are NOT using the Whetstones all the time.

you can look into the +3 DPS version of enchantment to use, but would only use this while soloing.
    vampiric from death is meh, not even a fraction of the healing of leeching, only seems to preform well if using anti aug.
    honestly would just look for what stats are going to help you the most, and not worry about the enchantments since they will really not do you any good in Raid PVE. ( unless ofc you do not Raid :P )

Rift Disciple

i think 2 x 30 dex on your daggers, you still have 60 more dex thats gonna help with a gun/bow to.

Soulwalker

I guess I should say i both pvp and pve. Raiding atm in gsb/ros and starting hk. :P

I've had people swear by whetstones but I haven't really noticed a dps increase so I'm not sure if they're working.
    <Coriolis>
    Archemys

there is no consumable for a rogue more powerful than whetstonex2. especially for mm since electrified munitions only scales with weapon damage.
    Last edited by livnthedream; 12-15-2011 at 11:58 AM.
    "I did battle with ignorance today, and ignorance won."

The dex one is good if you're tanking, otherwise they are for when you don't want to use a whetstone.
    Dummy Foundry rocks. CQ blows. Energy is meh. MORE ROLE SLOTS! Burma shave.

Quote Originally Posted by TroubleMagnet View Post
    The dex one is good if you're tanking, otherwise they are for when you don't want to use a whetstone.
    Yeah, I'm respeccing my PA today and hopefully have the 8000 points needed to get +30 dex on tier 2. On ' livingthedream's ' advice, I have been using whetstones. Haven't done enough log checking to actually see what dps increase there is.

+30 dex is still nice for the times you don't wanna blow 4-6 plat on temporary augments. It'd be easier to port over to ember watch and load up on charges, buff up, etc. I'm assuming lightning glyph persists through death since it's got a 2 hour limit on it.
    <Coriolis>
    Archemys

+30 dex is worthless if you are a raider. at hk gear levels, the crit is obsolete and 15ap is def less than 10 dps to your attacks.

edit...well, 60 dex with it on both weapons. so it's still not gonna be near the increase +10 dps from 2 exquisite whetstones.

30ap, or 10 dps.

but if you wanna see whats better, get those enchantments, apply 2 +5 whetstones and see what your abilities crit for. Then do the same with the dex buffs. Whatever crits harder will probably be better.
    Last edited by Spungey; 12-17-2011 at 12:40 AM.
    "TO PRO PHYS HEALS FOR JUUUU"

(Vanilla: Spongey@Keenblade "Nexilis")
    (Nightmare Tide: Excuse@Deepwood

Quote Originally Posted by Spungey View Post
    +30 dex is worthless if you are a raider. at hk gear levels, the crit is obsolete and 15ap is def less than 10 dps to your attacks.

edit...well, 60 dex with it on both weapons. so it's still not gonna be near the increase +10 dps from 2 exquisite whetstones.

30ap, or 10 dps.

but if you wanna see whats better, get those enchantments, apply 2 +5 whetstones and see what your abilities crit for. Then do the same with the dex buffs. Whatever crits harder will probably be better.
    as someone said before, its great for riftstalker.

I've just been putting points in the trees that give dex boosts, as you can never have too much dex. Did a quick bit of testing on the bow DPS talents prior to dumping a load of points in them, and noticed absolutely no meaningful difference in damage before or after. And I'd rather have the extra dex than waste points on less-useful stats just to get an almost meaningless boost to weapon DPS when the next content patch will probably change what weapon types are BIS again...

Quote Originally Posted by TroubleMagnet View Post
    ^this. If you are tanking the dex one is nice, other than that i am going for the T2 Fire enhancement for use when i am soloing, or when i run out of Fine Whetstones (only ever use my Exquisite for raids) and don't feel like getting more made.
    Hastati (50 warrior), Tsar (50 cleric), Tsaritsa (50 Mage)
    Guides: 51 Bladedancer, Bloodstalker, Nightblade
    DPS Rogue <Trinity>
    5/8 ID; HK Conqueror

Quote Originally Posted by JimboTCB View Post
    I've just been putting points in the trees that give dex boosts, as you can never have too much dex. Did a quick bit of testing on the bow DPS talents prior to dumping a load of points in them, and noticed absolutely no meaningful difference in damage before or after. And I'd rather have the extra dex than waste points on less-useful stats just to get an almost meaningless boost to weapon DPS when the next content patch will probably change what weapon types are BIS again...
    One point in weapon DPS doesnt make a huge difference (neither does dex or any other stat for that matter), it adds up, and in the end it does make a significant DPS increase. Throwing points away at +stats is probably the worst thing you can do.
    Last edited by Adnoz; 12-17-2011 at 02:24 AM.

(Gear)

Quote Originally Posted by Adnoz View Post
    One point in weapon DPS doesnt make a huge difference (neither does dex or any other stat for that matter), it adds up, and in the end it does make a significant DPS increase. Throwing points away at +stats is probably the worst thing you can do.
    Its a matter of perspective.

I quite enjoy my invisible piece of gear that's giving me 60 endurance and 60 dexterity, all the time.

Full weapon dps (+6.4 to a weapon type) bumps your weapon about half a tier higher. Non-relic to relic, basically. Or relic to next tier.

Individually, if you have one hex of it or a smattering of points here and there, they're pretty useless. But they really do add up.

Quote Originally Posted by Adnoz View Post
    I grabbed eight ranks of bow DPS all at once after I'd been sitting on a whole bunch of points, which is half of what you can possibly get from all of the first tier, and it still made no more difference than I'd expect from random variation from one parse to another. I'll get the weapon skills at some point, and I expect it'll make a barely-noticeable improvement, but they're way down the list of things I'm working towards.

+ Reply to Thread