+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Asstalker vs Blink 'n' Blade: Which DPS is Better?

Default Asstalker vs Blink 'n' Blade: Which DPS is Better?

Assuming a 4/4 Tier 1 Synergy Crystal for each (Assassin or Bladedancer) and a melee friendly Boss fight, which of the specs has higher DPS?

I hear a lot about both of these, but I can't seem to piece together enough data from posts to determine which has the higher DPS.

Thanks for whatever guidance and information you can provide.

~Mellik

Asstalker no question. Blinkblade doesn't even benefit from it's 4pc.
    ~Quiescent

Quote Originally Posted by Zaros View Post
    Asstalker no question. Blinkblade doesn't even benefit from it's 4pc.
    He's talking about the T1 crystal. I'd still say Bleedstalker (Asstalker just sounds ******ed) is higher DPS.
    - Kaboomium <The Unnamed> -

Sword of Telara

Why not just say Sinstalker, as it's part of the soul names?

Sinstalker is going to be top DPS for a while until AP levels get a lot higher (probably once people are at 2500 AP), at which point builds that scale off of +%AP abilities will be higher DPS (namely Bladedancer).

I would agree that I find the name Asstalker to be somewhat unpalatable, but as it is the most commonly used name I used it for the sake of clarity.

Thank you for the comments and feedback. I was using Blink 'n Blade because it was so close in execution to the solo build that I have been using for some time. I felt, however, that it just wasn't doing all the DPS that I could do.

~Mellik

Quote Originally Posted by Pink Freud View Post

Sinstalker is going to be top DPS for a while until AP levels get a lot higher (probably once people are at 2500 AP), at which point builds that scale off of +%AP abilities will be higher DPS (namely Bladedancer).
    I thought so too but I don't think so anymore. Expose scales really well off ap and with the rotation you're maintaining expose weakness. The ap scaling on asstalker I think is the highest out of all rogue builds.

Bladedancer I assumed would have been highest with the crazy scaling of contra tempo - but, it only effects two abilities. Keen and deadly strike scale poorly.

I think when rogues were all complaining about using sabdancer, Trion went overboard in making sure sabdancer would be a dead build. Lower in the BD and sab trees both now suck.
    Last edited by Mayi; 12-15-2011 at 10:34 AM.
    I rite a gooded guide for rouges.

NB-Sin Guide - http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...-sin-spec.html

At the absolutely highest, max-AP of the current tier, BD should beat Asstalker.
    ~Quiescent

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Zaros View Post
    At the absolutely highest, max-AP of the current tier, BD should beat Asstalker.
    Which BD though, BD/MM/RS or BD/Sin/RS?

I like the BD/Sin/RS rotation just because you can alternate Precision and Puncture every finisher, so you never have a 5 GCD rotation. Unfortunately, it will fall behind MM/RS eventually as well.

I like the BD/Sin/RS rotation just because you can alternate Precision and Puncture every finisher, so you never have a 5 GCD rotation. Unfortunately, it will fall behind MM/RS eventually as well.
    Honestly I'm not sure. Serrated Blades adds a LOT.
    ~Quiescent

if mm werent such a high percent of its damage i would agree, but since em only scales off from the weapon i doubt it.
    "I did battle with ignorance today, and ignorance won."

I do more dps with BlinkBlade (***/rs/bd) than with Asstalker

Serrated Blades if I remember right is my second highest dps contributer behind Deadly strike.
    Repine

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by livnthedream View Post
    if mm werent such a high percent of its damage i would agree, but since em only scales off from the weapon i doubt it.
    EM? EM as far as I know only applies with ranged attacks, which aren't in the BD/MM/RS rotation. And EM isn't availabe in the 51/10/5 build anyway.

For Bladedancer you only take 10MM for the +25% AP. Gameplay-wise you essentially pretend it doesn't exist, as you are exclusively using BD abilities (unless you're at range, of course).

RIFT Fan Site Operator Dunharrow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mgrave66 View Post
    I do more dps with BlinkBlade (***/rs/bd) than with Asstalker

Serrated Blades if I remember right is my second highest dps contributer behind Deadly strike.
    Bloodstalker is a much tougher rotation to run. If executed properly, it destroys blinkblade.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunharrow View Post
    Bloodstalker is a much tougher rotation to run. If executed properly, it destroys blinkblade.
    I knew having all these Creativelol roguey names for builds was a bad idea
    ~Quiescent

Quote Originally Posted by Dunharrow View Post
    It might, I have tried it once so Im sure my rotation was horrid. Was just keeping my buffs/debuffs(i.e impale, ruthless) up and FBing on 4 cps.
    Repine

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast