+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9

Thread: Asstalker vs Blink 'n' Blade: Which DPS is Better?

Quote Originally Posted by Gyle View Post
    This is how i have been doing it. But i have been finding myself VERY energy starved sometimes, so i may go for 4 CP's and see how that works out.
    4CP is the wost CP you can use finishers at, has the least increase from cp to cp.

(Gear)

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Gyle View Post
    So given how well Bloodstalker scales with AP, does it make sense to even really care if you are at the crit cap? Just stack full AP gear in every slot? I am aware that with full BiS you pretty much have to, but for those of us not quite there yet, it should make sense to just stack full AP and let crit be whatever it is from the gear you haven't replaced with AP gear yet?
    If you are going off my numbers, I'm assume base crit % of 60% which is what crit softcap plus all raid crit buffs will give you (archon + bard + target 5%s). Bloodstalker relies on crit. Full stop. Bloodstalker maintains roughly 85% uptime on its 15% crit buff, combined with the 20% crit damage buff.

The take away is that there are two aspects to bloodstalker DPS: Expose Weakness and Stalker Phase crit buff + the 20% sin crit damage. 1020 unbuffed crit is the magic number to hit crit cap in raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Durango View Post
    If you are going off my numbers, I'm assume base crit % of 60% which is what crit softcap plus all raid crit buffs will give you (archon + bard + target 5%s). Bloodstalker relies on crit. Full stop. Bloodstalker maintains roughly 85% uptime on its 15% crit buff, combined with the 20% crit damage buff.

The take away is that there are two aspects to bloodstalker DPS: Expose Weakness and Stalker Phase crit buff + the 20% sin crit damage. 1020 unbuffed crit is the magic number to hit crit cap in raid.
    1187-52-52-40-5% of dex is the magic number, not 1020.

(Gear)

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Adnoz View Post
    1187-52-52-40-5% of dex is the magic number, not 1020.
    its close enough...

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Petgroup View Post
    Are you guys always doing 5 point Final Blows or 4's?
    It is basically whenever EW runs out. In general, you are trying to refresh EW every 3-4ish seconds, which is going to be roughly 3ish GCDs. You have roughly 4+ish ticks on the mob per second between attacks, punct, impale, serrated, and auto. Which means 5 GCD and EW falls off. 4 GCD should keep reapplying it just as it ends. The faster it expires the better. So if you have a magic to make another dot, go for it. fully hk raid geared, optimal rotation, it does roughly 550 DPS with a 4 GCD lifetime.

Quote Originally Posted by Durango View Post
    its close enough...
    Not really, you're wasting 20 stat points if you're at high gear level and gear for 1020.

(Gear)

Quote Originally Posted by Adnoz View Post
    Not really, you're wasting 20 stat points if you're at high gear level and gear for 1020.
    True, with the dex I have I crit cap at 1001 crit.
    (_(_)_) -Gambiit- (_(_)_)
    always watching

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9