+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Estrode setup for much faster DPS.

Default Estrode setup for much faster DPS.

Like me, I'm sure many rogues are disgusted when entering Estrode's room and swapping into a ranged sab spec. Carrying one spec for one boss really annoys me... you too?

I hate sab and loved the day sabdancer officially died. Not only does ranged sab make for a cranky rogue, but Dancing Steel really irks anyone attempting to melee.

The solution? Forgo bladedancer.

The spec (That we all know and love) to use is 49NB/17Sin and for the 0 go sab.

For bards go 51bard/15sin/0sab.

With no bladedancers in the raid everyone is safe to melee as long as Living Flame is properly purged or avoided (purging it is cake), and because she has a 2 second cast winding into Living Flame there's plenty of notice to either move or purge.

Rogues and Warriors rejoice!
    FT:4/4 EE:5/5 DQ:4/4

Rage of the north + titan strike = WIPE

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

Rage of the north = always purged.

When dps warriors get soul stolen we still run out.

I failed to mention that we do move out for champ soul still, but the nice thing about nightblade is the 20 seconds you might end up at 15 yards for a champ soul you can still do decent damage ;)

Blast x5, Flame Thrust, Twilight, Detonate, Repeat
    FT:4/4 EE:5/5 DQ:4/4

All of the rogues in our guild are running this, it was my first time using it, but apparently they have been for a while. It works very well.
    Hastati (50 warrior), Tsar (50 cleric), Tsaritsa (50 Mage)
    Guides: 51 Bladedancer, Bloodstalker, Nightblade
    DPS Rogue <Trinity>
    5/8 ID; HK Conqueror

Quote Originally Posted by Shikamari View Post
    I failed to mention that we do move out for champ soul still, but the nice thing about nightblade is the 20 seconds you might end up at 15 yards for a champ soul you can still do decent damage ;)

Blast x5, Flame Thrust, Twilight, Detonate, Repeat
    Hm, another rogue in my guild tried the nb spec on estrode tonight and ended up dying to something in melee. So I was going to forget about trying it myself.

How much damage does this do at range? If its close to 1500-1800 range, consider me converted.

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

Who still runs sab on estrode? I havent run sab in 2-3months now. 48/18 nb/sin/0sab. Can run Sin/rs/mm as well or atleast we do sometimes. And have 1 rogue as 51mm for purges.

Crossfire is healable, as long as you're not standing on top of each other. Everything in that encounter is healable or avoidable.

poor bard has to carry more specs then
    (_(_)_) -Gambiit- (_(_)_)
    always watching

I just do 51MM/15Rng and let the fun ensue if my soul is captured
    <Retired>

Telaran

We run a setup where everyone can stay in melee all the time. It's just great without Rage of the North and Dancing Steel. We are still using 46sab tho.
    Frostbringer - Brutwacht EU

HK 11/11

Me and my Guild go in with 0/0/0 and no weps and just auto attack him to death. Seems to work well.
    "You lost me at Balance"

Quote Originally Posted by Am0n View Post
    Me and my Guild go in with 0/0/0 and no weps and just auto attack him to death. Seems to work well.
    I retract this comment. Was just stupid. I gotta get off this night shift >.< It is doing things to me

"what was that"
    "You lost me at Balance"

Quote Originally Posted by Swiftly View Post
    Who still runs sab on estrode? I havent run sab in 2-3months now. 48/18 nb/sin/0sab. Can run Sin/rs/mm as well or atleast we do sometimes. And have 1 rogue as 51mm for purges.

Crossfire is healable, as long as you're not standing on top of each other. Everything in that encounter is healable or avoidable.
    Pretty sure anything with rs in it would make the fight take longer. 3s of immunity to everything your raid does on whim definitely puts a dent in your raid dps.

My raid leader won't let us use anything but sab, it's not fair I tell thee!

I keep saying how MM is easy when u just spread out, or how nb is easy with a purge, but nope not allowed.

We need a convincing argument to show that the correct plan especially in a rogue heavy guild like ours will kick *** with something other than sab.

this is the most boring fight I have ever done in an end game raid.

we dont melee, so sitting there spamming spike/blast charge is mind numbing.
    Repine

Warriors could easily roll 51 RB/15 VK/0 para if your mana users stay pretty far back. This gives your warriors a purge.

We just got through this fight for the first time a couple weeks ago and OMG it's so boring and easy. I've been thinking something along the same lines as far as making it melee friendly.
    Seb - R40 OP PVP Warrior
    Solo Tanking Akylios - But I hate tanking Plutonus.
    New WF Idea for Rift
    SAVE THE VK!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast