+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: PVP-51 Assassian. Need advise

Telaran

Default PVP-51 Assassian. Need advise

Hello all. I am currently rank 4 in pvp and I run a 51 assassian 15 blade dancer spec. I do not use deadly dance in it, in fact I do not even take it for I love using my bleeds and finale blow instead. I do however love the utility from the blade dancer. The extra dodge, the interrupt/silence, the sprint and the gap closer (flash of steel) which also breaks moving imparing affects. My question is though, I am told 51 assassian 15 infiltraitor is where it is at. But I tried it the other night ( newer to 50 first guy) and I could not do as well in pvp as I did as a BD. I had no interrupt against healers, no gap closures, and I could not figure out why it is so great. Sure, the heal debuff is real nice but if they do not get that big heal off anyways then whats the difference?

I am wondering if anyone who has seriously done the 51 assassian 15 infil if they can give me some pointers, in how to use that spec the correct way, and why it is so good. With all I am missing I cannot figure out why it is so good but I do love to learn how to do things right, so I am assuming it is me.
    The truth is something people say they want to hear, but truly do not want to hear it.

Sword of Telara

Dodge is going to become more and more worthless the more people start stacking Hit in PVP.

Unfortunately, you aren't high enough of a rank to really utilize 51Sin because you lack the higher DPS daggers. You might try this spec: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...tsfqddR..x0x0V if you want to stick with 51, or this one http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...cddR.VcuIuR00o if you are willing to play a less bursty but relentless spec.

At any rank below 6 I'd recommend the second one, really.

Telaran

Thank You for your reply. My weapons I got from Tier 2 dungeon so they are like 30 dps each. I know they are not rank 6 daggers but they are not to terrible, but you are right I do lack the burst sometimes.
    My question though is how is the 15 infil so good? In fact, outside of cleanse soul and the healing debuff, do you not get more out of marksman then Infil for the 15 points? I am hoping to be able to understand what makes the 15 in infil so good, so I can practice with it while I am ranking up. On the 2nd link I noticed I loose out on serpent strike, is the extra rift stalker points worth losing out on serpent strike and poison gas?
    Quote Originally Posted by Pink Freud View Post
    Dodge is going to become more and more worthless the more people start stacking Hit in PVP.

Unfortunately, you aren't high enough of a rank to really utilize 51Sin because you lack the higher DPS daggers. You might try this spec: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...tsfqddR..x0x0V if you want to stick with 51, or this one http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...cddR.VcuIuR00o if you are willing to play a less bursty but relentless spec.

At any rank below 6 I'd recommend the second one, really.
    The truth is something people say they want to hear, but truly do not want to hear it.

Sword of Telara

Cleanse Soul can be very important depending who you fight. If you play smart, you can make a Dominator useless for at least 30 seconds if you cleanse with enough junk on you.

The heal debuff is the only one you can get and go 51 not-MM or not-Nightblade, so in a 1V1 situation it is important, but in most warfronts there will be other rogues taking care of it for you as long as you attack their target.

Other benefits of 15 Inf are:

Extra crit damage, so every crit is 1.8X as strong as your highest non-crit.
    10% Armor Penetration, which is good, but not as good as 15MM
    +26% damage, versus MM's +5%

The second build you lose out on Serpent Strike, yes, but you gain a ton of survivability, teleports that give you more uptime on opponents and give you +15% Crit Chance and +15% damage when used, and you can switch to Guardian Phase for extra survivability when you need it (it opens up the Rogue version of Block). Not to mention you get the interrupt (no silence though). It's much more a team build and less of a kill somebody and run away to get back in stealth build.

Telaran

Ok great thank you. I think I am starting to understand. So is it based off the weapons I have which is why There not dying in a few hits then? When I tried 51 assassian 15 infil the other night, I had a terrible time trying to kill someone. They would knock me back in the warfront and I had no gap closure or sprint to get back to them before they just kept casting on me and bam I died. I had ranger as my 0 soul but the arrows only do so much damage. When MMs would run from me or do there thing that jumped back I noticed They could kite the crap out of me in that spec as well, and against casters I had no way to interrupt them for there spells like these 3500 cobust and 1500 fire balls. When you are using the 15 infil spec how are you overcoming these type of things?

Cleanse Soul can be very important depending who you fight. If you play smart, you can make a Dominator useless for at least 30 seconds if you cleanse with enough junk on you.

The heal debuff is the only one you can get and go 51 not-MM or not-Nightblade, so in a 1V1 situation it is important, but in most warfronts there will be other rogues taking care of it for you as long as you attack their target.

Other benefits of 15 Inf are:

Extra crit damage, so every crit is 1.8X as strong as your highest non-crit.
    10% Armor Penetration, which is good, but not as good as 15MM
    +26% damage, versus MM's +5%

The second build you lose out on Serpent Strike, yes, but you gain a ton of survivability, teleports that give you more uptime on opponents and give you +15% Crit Chance and +15% damage when used, and you can switch to Guardian Phase for extra survivability when you need it (it opens up the Rogue version of Block). Not to mention you get the interrupt (no silence though). It's much more a team build and less of a kill somebody and run away to get back in stealth build.

Sword of Telara

When you get rank 8 daggers, lol. 44 DPS daggers make a big difference in gameplay.

There comes a point where you will do enough damage that anybody with some form of healing will die simply from your opener:

Expose Weaknes->Jagged Strike->Puncture->Foul Play->Impale->Serpent Strike->Backstab. Squishy targets are already dead by the time you hit Impale, they just don't know it yet.

If there is healing involved all bets are off.

I have used 51Sin 15Infil 0Ranger in PvP a lot. It was my 2nd used PvP role (MM has always been my first) anyway. I think 51sin builds are all about dropping the player within under 10 seconds and I believe that now more then ever with 51sin so I stopped using 15infil and started using 15mm, you get +dmg +AP and +armor penn and a very good ranged finisher if they start running for there life. I have not put much time into my 51sin build since 1.5 but like I said if you dont drop your target within 10 seconds with sin then slip away and move on.. I have always been a hardcore MM player since beta but I did put a lot of time into 51sin 15infil and the heal debuff is not worth it plus you also get a break free in Sin.. No reason to go 15 infil unless you go MM.. my main build is 51MM,15Infil,0BD and I can take on sins due to Bladedancers Side Steps and RS/NB's are a breezzz once you purge there buffs.. I think you should give MM a try, It does take more thinking then playing sin but once you get good with it you never have to run around in stealth agian..

RIFT Fan Site Operator Dunharrow's Avatar

Don't go 51 Sin. I'm currently running an Assassin build for the hell of it.

32 Sin / 18 RS / 16 NB

It destroys 51 Sin, is more versatile and less dependent on cooldowns.

#show Puncture
    cast Backstab
    cast Puncture
    cast Dusk Strike
    cast Twilight Force
    cast Savage Strike
    cast Fiery Spike

Full write-up

Use 15 Marksman.
    ~Quiescent

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Dunharrow View Post

32 Sin / 18 RS / 16 NB

#show Puncture
    cast Backstab
    cast Puncture
    cast Dusk Strike
    cast Twilight Force
    cast Savage Strike
    cast Fiery Spike

Full write-up
    Any reason not to stick Expose Weakness on the top of that?

32 Sin / 18 RS / 16 NB

Full write-up
    May try it out later. My melee spec is 51sin/5RS/10NB... I think it works pretty good. Pulling around 1500-1600 w\ my +100 shadow fire essence and ranger crystal : D

The 51sin/15mm is also a good idea because I've had trouble open world w\ clerics using crashing wave and kiting me.
    <Coriolis>
    Archemys

Telaran

Thank You Dunsparrow. I did read your full write up. What makes it eat 51 sin? I understand its more versatile but what about the bleed damage, is it better with this spec then the 51 assassian? I will try this spec out tonight. Out of curiosity Dunsparrow, have you ever tried pvp as a 51 or 44 blade dancer?

32 Sin / 18 RS / 16 NB

#show Puncture
    cast Backstab
    cast Puncture
    cast Dusk Strike
    cast Twilight Force
    cast Savage Strike
    cast Fiery Spike

Full write-up

Telaran

I am not a big RS fan, but being a huge sin fan, i'm going to give this a shot. I have one similar with mm instead of rs.

Malar
    Shortround the Vanquisher: member of Havoc on Keenblade
    Malar the Retired!!

RIFT Fan Site Operator Dunharrow's Avatar

Any reason not to stick Expose Weakness on the top of that?
    If you have a bard you might, but solo you're just going to energy starve yourself and lower your own burst.

Telaran

I am liking this 32/16/18 sin/nb/rs spec. rs seems to be way better then mm, i was trying 32/17/17 sin/nb/mm. I did move 1 point to get enduring brew from 2% physical and took 2/3 rift scavenger and 2/3increased crit on planeshift. Other then that, I like it as is.

As far as your macro goes, I did some tests and it looks like primal strike is more damage then savage strike. Any reason you don't use that instead?

Malar
    Shortround the Vanquisher: member of Havoc on Keenblade
    Malar the Retired!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast