+ Reply to Thread

Thread: strafe missing in pvp

Default strafe missing in pvp

i'm noticing that since 1.6 went live my strafe is missing about 50% of the time in warfronts. has anyone else noticed this? i know it's missing on targets that usually have more avoidance, but it also misses frequently on casters. the miss rate seems unusually high, much higher than my other abilities. i also don't recall missing this much pre-1.6.

do i need more hit? currently i run warfronts with just a smidgen of hit (on my deathbringer), but i'm wondering if more would help with the missing. i do have the 3 point hit talent as well. i don't want to sacrifice too much valor for hit. any suggestions?

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by beelzebubble View Post
    i'm noticing that since 1.6 went live my strafe is missing about 50% of the time in warfronts. has anyone else noticed this? i know it's missing on targets that usually have more avoidance, but it also misses frequently on casters. the miss rate seems unusually high, much higher than my other abilities. i also don't recall missing this much pre-1.6.

do i need more hit? currently i run warfronts with just a smidgen of hit (on my deathbringer), but i'm wondering if more would help with the missing. i do have the 3 point hit talent as well. i don't want to sacrifice too much valor for hit. any suggestions?
    When I pushed my hit above 100 I noticed significantly fewer misses. There was a another smaller reduction in misses when I went above 120. I can't think of any reason why strafe would be any more likely to miss than any other ability - I do know that I'm more likely to notice it when strafe misses since its a key ability.

Plane Walker

Shoot for 120 hit in pvp. Unless a cool down is popped you wont miss.
    Good,Bad? I'm the one with the Gun.
    This is my BOOMSTICK
    Rank 40 Defiant Rogue 11/11HK
    Gaming Rig

i was wondering since i made this post, how chance to hit is calculated for strafe. if they calculate it as one shot, the likelihood of it missing probably won't be any different than any other ability. if they calculate it as five independent shots and if one "misses" they all miss, the hit chance might significantly lower. does anyone know how they calculate hit probability for strafe? i swear i've only noticed this problem since 1.6.

and thanks for the advice. at this point, choosing to use hit in pvp might significantly gimp my survivability, but i suppose that's the price i'll have to pay.

You could try running a pug GSB ROS if your guild isn't up to it and trying for the relic daggers etc. They're around r5 level and will do wonders for your hit. If you play mm it doesn't even matter wince they're stat sticks. And if you're melee well, they are pretty much the same.

You can solve all your hit issues just with the right raid weapons.

Strafe seems to target it's hit rating per hit. Rapid fire shot, however, targets it's hits rating only on the FIRST hit so if you miss that it is particularly wince worthy.
    60Rog/PR64 - Cleared - FT | EE
    1-button TOTALLY AFK Rogue and Cheerleader for Blitz!

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Raynald View Post
    You could try running a pug GSB ROS if your guild isn't up to it and trying for the relic daggers etc. They're around r5 level and will do wonders for your hit. If you play mm it doesn't even matter wince they're stat sticks. And if you're melee well, they are pretty much the same.

You can solve all your hit issues just with the right raid weapons.

Strafe seems to target it's hit rating per hit. Rapid fire shot, however, targets it's hits rating only on the FIRST hit so if you miss that it is particularly wince worthy.
    They need to fix that. If the first shot determines hit or miss for all shots, then it should determine crit/no-crit for all the shots too!

+ Reply to Thread