+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Good Weapons for Melee Nightblade?

  1. #1
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    2

    Default Good Weapons for Melee Nightblade?

    Good Afternoon,

    I'm gearing up through the Tier 1 Dungeons, building my Ravagers Set and then Tier 2 for Mauraders. But those venders don't sell weapons? Should i be trying to get good ones through drops or the auction house? am I missing a Vendor somewhere? Should I be looking for swords or daggers? Any Help or tips would be great.

    Right now I have Sanctums Hand (sword 23.3 dps ) Pronged edge of the Devout (sword 21 dps) or Axe of Burning Purpose(axe 23.3 dps)

  2. #2
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2,248

    Default

    The weapons will drop from your expert dungeon runs, it's mostly RNG so keep at it and eventually you'll get something. Alternatively, if you do any PvP, you can try using ranked weapons, provided you can maintain the hit requirements.

    You may want to consider crafting a http://rift.zam.com/en/item/E0DEC3E6...1/Deathbringer with the epic dex augment. It will help you out until you start raiding, at which you'll find 33.6/34.0 dps weapons for which you'll want to put in your main-hand and move that to off-hand/stat-stick.

    Generally, you will want to use the highest dps weapon you have access to, even if it's a tank weapon (though don't go picking these up over an actual tank).
    Last edited by Adastra; 12-14-2011 at 11:37 AM.

  3. #3
    RIFT Fan Site Operator Dunharrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,665

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by steam235 View Post
    Good Afternoon,

    I'm gearing up through the Tier 1 Dungeons, building my Ravagers Set and then Tier 2 for Mauraders. But those venders don't sell weapons? Should i be trying to get good ones through drops or the auction house? am I missing a Vendor somewhere? Should I be looking for swords or daggers? Any Help or tips would be great.

    Right now I have Sanctums Hand (sword 23.3 dps ) Pronged edge of the Devout (sword 21 dps) or Axe of Burning Purpose(axe 23.3 dps)
    DSMx has 2 melee weapon drops - Spine of Hate and Blade of the Architect
    RDx has 2 melee weapon drops - Eyemangler and Blackheart Blade
    APx has 2 melee weapon drops - Majolic's Bloodied Stilletto and Abyssal Hatchet

    If you're going Marksman, you need to run DDx. The Gedlo Dragon-Hunter's Bow is the best ranged weapon out of a dungeon by far.
    Last edited by Dunharrow; 12-14-2011 at 01:11 PM.

  4. #4
    DB1
    DB1 is offline
    Plane Touched DB1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    229

    Default

    Yeah also if ya want to save up the inscribed stones you can buy some t1 raid weapons from the "epic planar vendor" they have 33dps daggers and a 34 dps sword.

    50 Rogue 50 Warrior 50 Cleric

  5. #5
    Sword of Telara
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    813

    Default

    Or do what I did and use PVP weapons

  6. #6
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    187

    Default

    pvp weapons are garbage... no hit no go....

    imo the 31dps crafted wepaons are much better than any of the t2 dungeon weapon drops.

    and b4 all the nubs start crying, pvp weapons are garbage cuz they have no hit... and yes hit absolutely matters in pvp, it matters BIG TIME. for example, ever fought a sword/board warr w/o hit, good luck with that... throw on some hit, and now that same warr will fall over
    Help
    <Blackout>
    Seastone 8/8ID

  7. #7
    Ascendant Am0n's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,717

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dunharrow View Post
    DSMx has 2 melee weapon drops - Spine of Hate and Blade of the Architect
    RDx has 2 melee weapon drops - Eyemangler and Blackheart Blade
    APx has 2 melee weapon drops - Majolic's Bloodied Stilletto and Abyssal Hatchet

    If you're going Marksman, you need to run DDx. The Gedlo Dragon-Hunter's Bow is the best ranged weapon out of a dungeon by far.
    You know to damn much about PvE lol. You pull these perfect numbers about everything in like 2 seconds lol.

    Dedicated dude. Egotistical but dedicated nonetheless.

    How many friends are we trying to get back for Meeps? GOGOGOGO!
    "You lost me at Balance"

  8. #8
    Sword of Telara
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    813

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 420MySTiC View Post
    pvp weapons are garbage... no hit no go....

    imo the 31dps crafted wepaons are much better than any of the t2 dungeon weapon drops.

    and b4 all the nubs start crying, pvp weapons are garbage cuz they have no hit... and yes hit absolutely matters in pvp, it matters BIG TIME. for example, ever fought a sword/board warr w/o hit, good luck with that... throw on some hit, and now that same warr will fall over
    1) The OP said nothing about PVP.

    2) I'm at 300 hit using an R8 Bow or R8 Mainhand Dagger in my PVE gear. 120 in my PVP gear. Enjoy your inferior DPS.

  9. #9
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2,248

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pink Freud View Post
    1) The OP said nothing about PVP.

    2) I'm at 300 hit using an R8 Bow or R8 Mainhand Dagger in my PVE gear. 120 in my PVP gear. Enjoy your inferior DPS.
    Yup, I use a rank 8 main-hand or rank 8 bow depending on what I'm doing. It's definitely possible to maintain the required hit ratings.

  10. #10
    Rift Master Pope Zaphod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    649

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dunharrow View Post
    DSMx has 2 melee weapon drops - Spine of Hate and Blade of the Architect
    RDx has 2 melee weapon drops - Eyemangler and Blackheart Blade
    APx has 2 melee weapon drops - Majolic's Bloodied Stilletto and Abyssal Hatchet

    If you're going Marksman, you need to run DDx. The Gedlo Dragon-Hunter's Bow is the best ranged weapon out of a dungeon by far.
    Took me a while but I got Gedlo's on my Rogue. I also saved up the plat and got a Deathbringer made. On my first DH run I was lucky enough to get Jorb's Hacking Steel (as no one else needed it). Melee is a lot of fun with Jorb's as my MH and Nimble Deathbringer as my OH.

  11. #11
    Ascendant Archemys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,501

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dunharrow View Post

    If you're going Marksman, you need to run DDx. The Gedlo Dragon-Hunter's Bow is the best ranged weapon out of a dungeon by far.
    Deathbringer's are also a good option if you have plat to burn getting them made.
    <Coriolis>
    Archemys

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts