+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Let's Talk Akylios

RIFT Fan Site Operator Dunharrow's Avatar

Default Let's Talk Akylios

I'm beginning to see that Marksman is honestly a pile of garbage for Akylios. At least for progression. Marksman sucks when you have to do 2 things: move or change targets. Akylios is all about moving and taking down multiple targets.

However, not much for rogue is all that much better. We need Rogues on Stingers, AOE and burn-time on big targets. That means that we pretty much have to be at range, but I'm wondering if we can do it in a way thats more efficient and beneficial to the raid than 51 MM. I'm considering a few variants.

38 MM/28 Ranger with Ranger crystal. Nothing new here really. More mobile than 51 MM and doesn't rely on STM. Parses lower on standup fights but may work better on squidbutt.

27 MM / 21 Ranger / 17 Sin with Ranger crystal. Maximum Trick Shot damage. Also applies Lethal Poison to multiple targets.

14 MM / 35 Rang / 17 Sin with Ranger crystal. Ranger standard stuff. Kinda like the old Sozu build, I think.

I'm curious if any rogues are actively using specs on Akylios right now that aren't 51 MM. Anyone got an interesting or useful Akylios spec? Or the idea for one? I'm all ears and I'd like to hash it out.
    Last edited by Dunharrow; 12-13-2011 at 02:40 PM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Dunharrow View Post
    I'm beginning to see that Marksman is honestly a pile of garbage for Akylios. At least for progression. Marksman sucks when you have to do 2 things: move or change targets. Akylios is all about moving and taking down multiple targets.
    MM is fine for Akylios. like 99% of the fight is standing still. And MM is basically the best spec across all classes for stingers.

However, not much for rogue is all that much better. We need Rogues on Stingers, AOE and burn-time on big targets. That means that we pretty much have to be at range, but I'm wondering if we can do it in a way thats more efficient and beneficial to the raid than 51 MM. I'm considering a few variants.
    If you are using rogues for AoE on akylios, then you are doing it wrong. Really, if you are using anything but warriors, you are doing it wrong.

27 MM / 21 Ranger / 17 Sin with Ranger crystal. Maximum Trick Shot damage. Also applies Lethal Poison to multiple targets.
    and pointless.

I'm curious if any rogues are actively using specs on Akylios right now that aren't 51 MM. Anyone got an interesting or useful Akylios spec? Or the idea for one? I'm all ears and I'd like to hash it out.
    51MM works fine on akylios. does what it needs to do. 4MM + Bard ranged in P1, MM on stinkers in P2, P3, P4. Done.

RIFT Fan Site Operator Dunharrow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Durango View Post
    MM is fine for Akylios. like 99% of the fight is standing still. And MM is basically the best spec across all classes for stingers.

If you are using rogues for AoE on akylios, then you are doing it wrong. Really, if you are using anything but warriors, you are doing it wrong.

and pointless.

51MM works fine on akylios. does what it needs to do. 4MM + Bard ranged in P1, MM on stinkers in P2, P3, P4. Done.
    Thanks for nothing. Anyone else?

Quote Originally Posted by Dunharrow View Post
    Thanks for nothing. Anyone else?
    51mm/15assasin

problems solved

high aoe
    high single target
    no buffs to keep up
    no pet
    Last edited by Zyzyx; 12-13-2011 at 03:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Durango View Post

Agreed

10char
    Last edited by Torme; 12-13-2011 at 03:54 PM.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Zyzyx View Post
    51mm/15assasin

problems solved

high aoe
    high single target
    no buffs to keep up
    no pet
    How does this parse vs 15 Ranger on any fight? I'd love to get rid of my Shadowfire greater essence. No run speed would sadden me though.

And yes, 51MM on Akylios. Any other spec, you are highly likely hurting the raid in general. Then again, the way Rogues dps is on every encounter in the game atm, you being there already is pointless.
    Last edited by Petgroup; 12-13-2011 at 03:57 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyle View Post
    A rogue can top the parse on every boss in HK if they use the right spec, and it's been that way for months.

I run 49 NB on Akylios, great DPS but completely worthless if you need rogues on stingers and interrupts.
    Hastati (50 warrior), Tsar (50 cleric), Tsaritsa (50 Mage)
    Guides: 51 Bladedancer, Bloodstalker, Nightblade
    DPS Rogue <Trinity>
    5/8 ID; HK Conqueror

Quote Originally Posted by Petgroup View Post
    How does this parse vs 15 Ranger on any fight? I'd love to get rid of my Shadowfire greater essence. No run speed would sadden me though.

And yes, 51MM on Akylios. Any other spec, you are highly likely hurting the raid in general. Then again, the way Rogues dps is on every encounter in the game atm, you being there already is pointless.
    I'm beating all the other rogues on the fight and I have more water resist/hp. The dps difference could be due to gear or aoe lost when they have to cast shadow fire. I'm like 200 dps ahead of the ranger/mm's and nipping at the heels of our warriors.

What run speed are you talking about? I still have: on the double, shadow shift, and improved swift shot.
    Last edited by Zyzyx; 12-13-2011 at 04:09 PM.

Rift Master

I'm beating all the other rogues on the fight and I have more water resist/hp. The dps difference could be due to gear or aoe lost when they have to cast shadow fire. I'm like 200 dps ahead of the ranger/mm's and nipping at the heels of our warriors.

What run speed are you talking about? I still have: on the double, shadow shift, and improved swift shot.
    I forgot OTD was MM not Ranger. Guess I'll try it out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyle View Post
    A rogue can top the parse on every boss in HK if they use the right spec, and it's been that way for months.

I forgot OTD was MM not Ranger. Guess I'll try it out.
    Don't forget to macro EW to swiftshot and your aoe macro. Use reload and strafe wisely.

I've not done Alky yet, but i have been playing with a build something like this:

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...ksz.x0xoVzA00M

28mm/25rng/13BD

use the ranger crystal for splinter and shadowfire w/ pred soulstone

Primarily use the Deadly dance finisher for massive dmg boost and spam Trickshot to build cps. Refresh headshot as needed.

Allows for good AoE, a pet to help boost dps a little plus the prey on the weak proc, and doesn't suffer as much from target switching or moving.

Use flash of steel to close on mobs.

It's a different feel then a lot of builds, but could work decently. Also comes with 2 ranged interupts w/ silences.
    Last edited by Cerium; 12-13-2011 at 04:19 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianMorin View Post
    The more people play Rift and subscribe, the more time and money we have to continue to evolve the game....

"Cerium, glowers at you dubiously -- looks like he would wipe the floor with you!"

Rift Chaser

Don't forget to macro EW to swiftshot and your aoe macro. Use reload and strafe wisely.
    how is your st compared to them ?

RIFT Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Cerium View Post
    I've not done Alky yet, but i have been playing with a build something like this:

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...ksz.x0xoVzA00M

28mm/25rng/13BD

use the ranger crystal for splinter and shadowfire w/ pred soulstone

Primarily use the Deadly dance finisher for massive dmg boost and spam Trickshot to build cps. Refresh headshot as needed.

Allows for good AoE, a pet to help boost dps a little plus the prey on the weak proc, and doesn't suffer as much from target switching or moving.

Use flash of steel to close on mobs.

It's a different feel then a lot of builds, but could work decently. Also comes with 2 ranged interupts w/ silences.
    Interesting concept but I think you linked a bit wrong build since that one is 27 MM, 26 ranger. 28 MM 25 ranger with that idea should have close quarters combat in the build and 28 MM gives rending munitions.

I think the build requires you to have more than 1 or 2 targets to work though and therefore won't be that good for akylios beyond phases 1 and 2 and you really shouldn't choose akylios builds based on those phases. Phases 1-3 are more of an introduction to mechanics and the fight starts at phase 4.

Soulwalker

This is the best reason not to waste much more time with Rift.

Tried this spec out:

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...skVz..0VMcxcbV

It's not bad... issues is the pet eats healing plus when Akylios center breaths your pet can die. It's good at target switches, plus gives you piercing and lethal.

On P1 - for combo builders I use shadow fire, piercing and them spam trick shot. With 2 combo builders you can usually get to 5 and then get a head shot off. It's a pretty good mix of ST and AoE dps to help push the phase. Raid dps went up about ~2k by me using spreading lethal and using piercing on Jonauru. It's hard to tell what's RNG and what's the debuffs though between attempts.

Later on I leave my pet on Jonauru and do stingers. Since it's better at target switches it's actually more dps. It's hard to compare directly, but when I did a damage breakdown by combatant on Stingers I was top even without the pet.

Pet can die... which is the crap part. You have to watch breaths. That plus the pet eats aoe heals.

In the last phase with Jon and Akylios, I'm pretty sure the spec is the highest dps. Trick shot hits as hard as quick plus getting a headshot every 3 combo builders means you're doing good ST and AoE dps.
    Last edited by Mayi; 12-14-2011 at 05:35 AM.
    I rite a gooded guide for rouges.

NB-Sin Guide - http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...-sin-spec.html

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast