+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Let's Talk Akylios

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    Can be any spec that uses it, bloodstalker as example, dont use blinks in places you might fall down, no idea after the changes if they work properly.
    My experience is that they work, just are scary as hell. Especially if you get the hasted speed buff, you don't want to move a muscle after porting cause it puts you right on the edge.

Ah nevermind my bad both the HK and T1 crystals are the same for the first 2 abilities. Hey now i can bid on gear now that i know they are the same. sweet.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Bellamorte View Post
    aye ive been using ranger crystal for a while now myself. im curious tho are you guys referrring to the HK crystal or the T1 crystal?

If anyone is using a t1 crystal and is on akylios... your raid is not ready for him
    Help
    <Blackout>
    Seastone 8/8ID

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by 420MySTiC View Post
    dunno about your raid setup, but the way we run it, we never have more than 1 apostle up ata time now anyway. so at this point we have 1 dedicated interrupter for all the apostles, obviously if you have multiple up you need more. by the time jorn is @ 50% the adds are all dead within seconds. this is just how we do it, every raid will do things however it works for them, having the mm do the interrupting lets our warrs focus on aoe, which works very well for us.

and imo you only really need to be hitting On the Double if you are going to be hit by a wave, you run right through, and it will be up for every wave. i dont recommend using retreat at all... most fail with it. have your 0 pt skill as RS, and you can use the shadow shift to get from side to side faster for stingers, and avoiding breaths

also having shadow shift is nice in the case that you do happen to get hit by a wave, you can shadow shift while you are being pushed off, back to the platform... obviously this is an o **** situation. just have on the double and u win
    One line in here piqued my interest.

ONE apostle up at a time? At what time are you doing phase jumps? P1->P2 should be around 1:40ish for that to happen. WTB your raids DPS

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Daayou View Post

ONE apostle up at a time? At what time are you doing phase jumps? P1->P2 should be around 1:40ish for that to happen. WTB your raids DPS
    You just kill the first apostle before the second spawns, nothing weird about what he said ;p.
    Insanity@Blightweald EU
    HK 11/11

I did enjoyed your post. Seems you have a good grasp on rogue role on Akylios.

special.guildlaunch.com - Always Recruiting Exceptional Players

Free Rift Strats @ rift-mmorpg.com
    Rogue Class Lead

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    You just kill the first apostle before the second spawns, nothing weird about what he said ;p.
    Yah I thought it out, and theoretically perfect execution would only leave you with 1 Apostle at a time.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Hellebron View Post
    Yah I thought it out, and theoretically perfect execution would only leave you with 1 Apostle at a time.
    Doesnt require perfect execution, by now for us 9/10 tries have only one Apostle alive at a time.

Only time we have two up is when the tank moved in too early on Phase 1, or got the orb in phase 2 hence moved in instead of getting HC on him etc etc, rarely happens.

We used to have two apostles up until we changed the tactic, now we enter p3 with..Maybe 1 deepclaw at 5%, and the Apostle from 20% to 70%, debuffed for double damage, usually dying the next ~30 seconds.
    Last edited by potis; 12-14-2011 at 04:45 PM.
    Insanity@Blightweald EU
    HK 11/11

RIFT Fan Site Operator Dunharrow's Avatar

Or they kill Apostles in less than 1 minute each. Either way it was a ZZzz brag post.

Rift Disciple

about there, usually 1:40 - 1:50 is when hes pushed over

Quote Originally Posted by HmmmNO View Post
    I did enjoyed your post. Seems you have a good grasp on rogue role on Akylios.
    dunno if yer talkin bout my post, but thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dunharrow View Post
    Or they kill Apostles in less than 1 minute each. Either way it was a ZZzz brag post.
    whatever dude, yer the one posting threads askin about akylios specs n ****, im just telling you what we do, and how it works out for us, dont ask questions if yer gunna be a **** when people respond....
    Help
    <Blackout>
    Seastone 8/8ID

Quote Originally Posted by Dunharrow View Post
    As for MM on the fight, I don't get hit by waves. I'm not sure where you got that conclusion, but that is not the issue.
    I never said that you did. My comment was in regards to yours about movement.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellebron View Post
    I will do you a large favor and give you a macro so your MM can do their job properly and stop making the rest of the raid carry them.

Have your tank mark the Apostles 1 and 2. Assign MMs to each. MM uses a focus macro on their target when it appears.

Then when it casts, use

#show deaden
    cast @focus deaden

Won't reset StM stacks/combo points and won't change your target. No reason for MM not to interrupt, they are always in range and always have energy.
    We do that as backup already, but honestly, am I just supposed to sit there and look pretty and not interrupt? They gave me the ability to shoot sparkles from my hand.

Your threats are mine.
    11/1/11 11/11 Terrible Idea

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3