+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: Best Ranged Specs

Sword of Telara

Hasted/Headshot is only a DPS increase over Dead Eye Shot at higher values of AP. Those of you experiencing better DPS with DES don't have enough AP yet.

RIFT Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Pink Freud View Post
    Hasted/Headshot is only a DPS increase over Dead Eye Shot at higher values of AP. Those of you experiencing better DPS with DES don't have enough AP yet.
    This is the total opposite of how it actually works. Deadeye shot gains around 70% more damage from AP than hasted/head shot and the more AP you have the more it pulls ahead.

Mse
    Telaran

Hey guys any good Range PvP specs i could borrow? i made a rogue and want to lvl via pvp =D

That is weird. When I tested it on PTS I found hasted only slightly outdpsed deadeye with the relic HK set they give you on PTS on 1.5 PTS.

After the electrified nerf I went ahead and retested it. I found I was ~100 dps higher on the dummy with hasted. This is with about 1050 ap self buffed.

I'll test it again...

Same thing happened with the ranger crystal, tested it and found the MM one is more dps and there's a thread devoted to the ranger crystal being more dps. Now you're saying deadeye is more dps. I'll check it out and post my results.
    I rite a gooded guide for rouges.

NB-Sin Guide - http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...-sin-spec.html

Best ranged spec is to get a wireless keyboard and from a far range delete you character.
    “Why should I not hate mine enemies―if I "love" them does that not place me at their mercy?”
    ― Anton Szandor LaVey, The Satanic Bible

Quote Originally Posted by Louiscipher View Post
    Best ranged spec is to get a wireless keyboard and from a far range delete you character.
    And then u Apply ur signature.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Mgrave66 View Post
    I ran 51mm/13NB/2Rs tonight. I pulled same dps and in some cases higher dps than 51mm/15rng.

Probably due to no actual build up time required in the build.
    I pulled ahead on my first run with the build and I still had the ranger greater essence in my build and then when i replaced it with a AP essence I went up a little more. I moved up on my guilds dps meter going to the 13 2 build and my ap is no where near what some other people are because i am not in HK but what i did noticed when looking at my numbers is that my app in 51mm 13nd 2 rs is that my AP is only about 30 behind what my 51mm 15rngr build was with the same gear and SF up so I have a higher AP on a consistent level and do not lose AP or SF buff due to stopping an attack to do movement or I get KB or stunned etc which requires recasting it and another 2 seconds maybe the ranger crystal would have helped but I like the build better and my melee spec and my ranged spec both can use the same sigil.

I do not need to farm for a 3rd one. I have enough grinding to do and i can not put near enough hours in to grind that much content to want to try and build a 3rd sigi at this time. Heck I am still working on my tank sigil now I only have two of my six essence upgrades i need in my tank set.

I tried and tried the other day to get 10 RNG/5RS to out DPS 13 NB/2 RS and couldn't. Not on single target anyway. I am going to be sticking with 13 NB, it's DPS is at worst about equal, and at best slightly better than every other ranged build i can find, and it has the fewest moving parts. No reason to use anything else, since i melee on any boss that DPS actually matters on.
    Hastati (50 warrior), Tsar (50 cleric), Tsaritsa (50 Mage)
    Guides: 51 Bladedancer, Bloodstalker, Nightblade
    DPS Rogue <Trinity>
    5/8 ID; HK Conqueror

I had a bit of a tinker with 10NB/5RS compared to 13NB/2RS, and there's almost nothing between them. This was only in a 10-man so I was missing a couple of raidbuffs, but there was so little difference between them as to make no difference whatsoever. I'm in almost full HK gear with 3 relic pieces, so if there is a point where the gear scaling makes 5RS better, I'm guessing it's at the absolute top end, and if you need the extra HP buff from RS I guess it would be helpful.

But purely for the fact that it gives an all-instant rotation, I'd definitely go with one of them over any RNG variant on any fight where there's lots of movement, or where you're purging/interrupting. And for any other fight you can probably do more DPS in a melee build and shouldn't be running MM anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by JimboTCB View Post
    I had a bit of a tinker with 10NB/5RS compared to 13NB/2RS, and there's almost nothing between them. This was only in a 10-man so I was missing a couple of raidbuffs, but there was so little difference between them as to make no difference whatsoever. I'm in almost full HK gear with 3 relic pieces, so if there is a point where the gear scaling makes 5RS better, I'm guessing it's at the absolute top end, and if you need the extra HP buff from RS I guess it would be helpful.

But purely for the fact that it gives an all-instant rotation, I'd definitely go with one of them over any RNG variant on any fight where there's lots of movement, or where you're purging/interrupting. And for any other fight you can probably do more DPS in a melee build and shouldn't be running MM anyway.
    Yea, I think at the end of the day almost all the builds are pretty much even, so I generally take the one that's the most fun to play and has the best survivability. One thing with the 51-10-5 build, the rotation is a little different then other builds. I think I posted it but want to be sure.

Combo builders - finisher
    Empowered - strafe - reload - finisher
    empowered - strafe - finisher

Then make sure when you re-strafe you don't apply it when rapid fire is coming off CD. Make sure you rapid fire asap to reset the timer.

I'd check out the ranger crystal thread though... lots of info in there.

In my water sigil I don't have the ranger greater essence, so that might account for me thinking it's even. No matter which variation you play, you'll get better with it in time. I've been using 51-10-5 for a while so I'm used to the rotation vs ranger, where I only tried ranger out a couple of times. I'm starting to think that 51-10-5 is slightly less dps ST, though not much. Ranger greater is the difference.

I haven't settled on which build I like the best yet.. I'm looking for:
    1. One that has some sort of survivability boost (since dps is about even)
    2. Uses hasted shot as a finisher (or swift shot as a combo builder) to increase in-combat movement speed (being fast is fun)
    3. Easiest rotation without a dps loss
    Last edited by Mayi; 12-20-2011 at 01:52 PM.
    I rite a gooded guide for rouges.

NB-Sin Guide - http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...-sin-spec.html

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5