+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Best Ranged Specs

Quote Originally Posted by Dawson15 View Post
    When you use this build does your rotation differ at all from the 51MM 15 RNG build? Obviously keeping Bestial Fury up isn't necessary (or possible), but what are you casting in its place on the first time through?

I think I might try this tonight to see how it does in comparison.
    Here's my setup:

1 - empowered shot
    2 - Macro: crippling-quick
    3 - Macro: strafe-reload
    4 - Macro: rapid fire-hasted
    5 - Macro: lightning fury-fan out

Rotation:
    Spam to 5 - finisher
    empowered - strafe - reload -finisher
    empowered - strafe - finisher

Then just:
    Empowered -combo - finisher

Make sure you don't use strafe when rapid fire is coming off CD. Rapid fire is the big dps increase. Macroing reload onto strafe works so long as you don't hit strafe during the global cooldown. That will cause reload to fire. Then I put reload on my 2nd hotbar to see when it comes off cool down.

Having only 5 buttons for dps lets me use 6-10 for interrupt, purge, jump back, run speed and the RS port. Then I use my 2nd hotbar for target 1-5. I've noticed that having the movement abilities really accessible means I use them more often then other MM. Just an observation... I'm always runspeeding and porting around. It's what makes MM fun.
    Last edited by Mayi; 12-15-2011 at 05:51 AM.
    I rite a gooded guide for rouges.

NB-Sin Guide - http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...-sin-spec.html

Stupid edit timer!

I use an N52 for buttons so having 1-10 makes things a lot easier. Then red button activates the 2nd hotbar 1-10. If you use keybinds, then the point is less dps buttons means you can put the movement abilities in more accessible keybinds.

In regards to aoe - 10rng-5rs is more then 13nb-2rs.
    Last edited by Mayi; 12-15-2011 at 05:57 AM.

I tried the 51MM/13NB/2RS spec last night and it seemed pretty good. I need to dig up some old parses but it seemed to be a bit behind (100DPS?) 51MM/14RG/1RS on VP but better DPS on KM (I have ints on the prince) since you don't have any cast time stuff that gets canceled. One problem I had was I was too fast and had no snare for matron top duty so I was running out of space.

Going to try 51MM/10RG/5RS next. Wouldn't it be better to go 3/3 in IQS so you can just add it once to your rotation and let it tick? Drop a point from killing focus since we're stacked to the sky on +damage% already.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...tRqdAudR.Vzs.V

So you do QS, EM, 2x(CS/SS), Fin most of the time. You still clip IQS some but not as bad and it's less random.
    Dummy Foundry rocks. CQ blows. Energy is meh. MORE ROLE SLOTS! Burma shave.

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Mayi View Post
    Here's my setup:

1 - empowered shot

Rotation:
    Spam to 5 - finisher

Then just:

Make sure you don't use strafe when rapid fire is coming off CD. Rapid fire is the big dps increase. Macroing reload onto strafe works so long as you don't hit strafe during the global cooldown. That will cause reload to fire. Then I put reload on my 2nd hotbar to see when it comes off cool down.

Having only 5 buttons for dps lets me use 6-10 for interrupt, purge, jump back, run speed and the RS port. Then I use my 2nd hotbar for target 1-5. I've noticed that having the movement abilities really accessible means I use them more often then other MM. Just an observation... I'm always runspeeding and porting around. It's what makes MM fun.
    Why are you using Strafe for just three combo points? Seems like it is either beneficial to use it for all five or don't use it at all...

Quote Originally Posted by TroubleMagnet View Post
    I tried the 51MM/13NB/2RS spec last night and it seemed pretty good. I need to dig up some old parses but it seemed to be a bit behind (100DPS?) 51MM/14RG/1RS on VP but better DPS on KM (I have ints on the prince) since you don't have any cast time stuff that gets canceled. One problem I had was I was too fast and had no snare for matron top duty so I was running out of space.

Going to try 51MM/10RG/5RS next. Wouldn't it be better to go 3/3 in IQS so you can just add it once to your rotation and let it tick? Drop a point from killing focus since we're stacked to the sky on +damage% already.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...tRqdAudR.Vzs.V

So you do QS, EM, 2x(CS/SS), Fin most of the time. You still clip IQS some but not as bad and it's less random.
    Tried it, found it was less dps for some reason. In theory 3/3 IQS should be better - but in practice I've found it's not. With 2/3 you maintain the dot but constantly clip it... it might be lag, I'm not sure. It found it was less dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Pink Freud View Post
    Why are you using Strafe for just three combo points? Seems like it is either beneficial to use it for all five or don't use it at all...
    I'm not. Since you aren't using headshot and only MM finishers, you'll always get a free empowered per finisher. I messed about with using empowered + strafe and clipping strafe vs running up to 7 combo points (if you get my drift) and found it's best to let strafe run the full duration. It's also a dps loss to not use empowered with every finisher. Using rapid fire asap so you can start the cooldown is also important.

Later into the fight strafe will come off CD right before rapid's up. I wait until I've fired rapid before hitting strafe.

Some of this stuff is just my personal style I guess... but I've messed around with rotations and found this is the most dps.
    Last edited by Mayi; 12-15-2011 at 10:24 AM.

Telaran

Tried it, found it was less dps for some reason. In theory 3/3 IQS should be better - but in practice I've found it's not. With 2/3 you maintain the dot but constantly clip it... it might be lag, I'm not sure. It found it was less dps.
    At the risk of asking the obvious, were you alternating QS with SS/CS?

Back to back IQS procs result in overwriting the DoT before the first tick.

You should only be reloading IQS after a finisher.
    Repine

Quote Originally Posted by Eilidh View Post
    At the risk of asking the obvious, were you alternating QS with SS/CS?

Back to back IQS procs result in overwriting the DoT before the first tick.
    Yup - rotation I tried was:

Empowered - quick - swift - swift - finisher

With 2/3 into IQS and empowered + crippling, it's like the old Sozu build. You don't get a proc every time and are mixing in other attacks. Result is it stays up but you sometimes clip it. Just like sozu 2/3 IQS is more dps.

Try it out - see if you can get it to do more then me. It'd be good if someone verifies all this crap. Just like Sozu, Hoko, Sabdancer, etc... as more people put thought into it and try different things, it'll improve.
    Last edited by Mayi; 12-15-2011 at 10:57 AM.

Plane Walker

Here's my setup:

1 - empowered shot

Rotation:
    Spam to 5 - finisher

Then just:

Why no Deadeye Shot on finisher?
    Good,Bad? I'm the one with the Gun.
    This is my BOOMSTICK
    Rank 40 Defiant Rogue 11/11HK
    Gaming Rig

Quote Originally Posted by Wytchblades View Post
    Why no Deadeye Shot on finisher?
    Because with good gear, a 4 piece, and raid buffed it is a clear DPS loss. The only reason that unbuffed on a dummy Deadeye seems like it is higher DPS is because you pool energy during the cast time, whereas hasted shot energy starves you. Raid buffed that won't happen. Plus more EM procs with hasted.
    Hastati (50 warrior), Tsar (50 cleric), Tsaritsa (50 Mage)
    Guides: 51 Bladedancer, Bloodstalker, Nightblade
    DPS Rogue <Trinity>
    5/8 ID; HK Conqueror

RIFT Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Gyle View Post
    Because with good gear, a 4 piece, and raid buffed it is a clear DPS loss. The only reason that unbuffed on a dummy Deadeye seems like it is higher DPS is because you pool energy during the cast time, whereas hasted shot energy starves you. Raid buffed that won't happen. Plus more EM procs with hasted.
    Raid buffed with good gear my deadeye shot hits on average 2.5k damage harder than hasted shot and takes only half a second longer to use. What I lose is just 1.5 seconds of autoattack damage and that is only like 200 for that period. If I spend a half a second to do 2.3k damage then my dps would have to be over 4.6k with hasted shot rotation for it to be a dps loss.

People who find deadeye shot a dps loss are the ones that fail to manage their skill queue properly with a mix of cast time and instant abilities.

Hasted shot is good for the speedbuff and it can't be interrupted by knockbacks or movement which makes it very practical for fights such as akylios, molinar and silgen. That's the real reason to use hasted shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Gery View Post
    Raid buffed with good gear my deadeye shot hits on average 2.5k damage harder than hasted shot and takes only half a second longer to use. What I lose is just 1.5 seconds of autoattack damage and that is only like 200 for that period. If I spend a half a second to do 2.3k damage then my dps would have to be over 4.6k with hasted shot rotation for it to be a dps loss.

People who find deadeye shot a dps loss are the ones that fail to manage their skill queue properly with a mix of cast time and instant abilities.

Hasted shot is good for the speedbuff and it can't be interrupted by knockbacks or movement which makes it very practical for fights such as akylios, molinar and silgen. That's the real reason to use hasted shot.
    Do you still really believe this? Dude, get it over with already. Go to a dummy with fervor and parse deadeye v hasted shot. Hasted is more dps. I've known this since 1.5 PTS, it's not a hard thing to figure out.

RIFT Guide Writer

Do you still really believe this? Dude, get it over with already. Go to a dummy with fervor and parse deadeye v hasted shot. Hasted is more dps. I've known this since 1.5 PTS, it's not a hard thing to figure out.
    I did, deadeye shot rotation was a 50-100 dps increase. Exactly the same difference as without fervor because fervor has nothing to do with the reason why deadeye is more dps.

Shadowlander

I tried hasted shot versus deadeye, with and without fervor. Without fervor, deadeye out dps hasted shot by an average of 75dps. With fervor, deadeye was only 30 dps higher than hasted. I do not have the 4pc HK. I prefer not using deadeye, but everyone plays differently.

So a few of my pvp friends and I are really trying to get in to the pve content, even joined a raiding guild lol So whats the verdict when you're not in hk gear yet? Basically what spec do you guys suggest for pre blighted 4pc and then after. Also for the pieces of the vendor gear to buy if you're using r8 gear I'm thinking for hit gloves, helm, then chest what do you sugest for the 4th piece?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast