+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Best Ranged Specs

Champion of Telara

That log is the bugged sicaron parse, and if you dont know what that is.

Its an exploit with a bugged enchant that causes it to stack up from everyone making the boss have 0 armor and its already fixed.

Anyways there are 3 specs for 51 MM stop posting random garbage otherwise, there have always been the same.

51MM 15 Ranger is for max dps with the spec mostly because of the 100AP essence making it too powerful.

Any spec with 5 RS after 900AP can be almost as high, 50-100 DPS lower because of Shadow Fire +100 AP from it.

Same with NB/RS of any number, i dont see how 3% damage is better than going 5 into 15% AP but sure.

What i want to test and havent is unstable state with EM, probably someone has tested but i cant be bothered searching.

51MM 15 Ranger for numbers, 51MM/XX/5 RS for mobility faceroll rotation after 900AP without much less DPS in actual fights since casting Shadow Fire can be annoying and a DPS loss sometimes.
    Last edited by potis; 12-14-2011 at 05:48 AM.
    Insanity@Blightweald EU
    HK 11/11

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    That log is the bugged sicaron parse, and if you dont know what that is.

Its an exploit with a bugged enchant that causes it to stack up from everyone making the boss have 0 armor and its already fixed.

Anyways there are 3 specs for 51 MM stop posting random garbage otherwise, there have always been the same.

51MM 15 Ranger is for max dps with the spec mostly because of the 100AP essence making it too powerful.

Any spec with 5 RS after 900AP can be almost as high, 50-100 DPS lower because of Shadow Fire +100 AP from it.

Same with NB/RS of any number, i dont see how 3% damage is better than going 5 into 15% AP but sure.

What i want to test and havent is unstable state with EM, probably someone has tested but i cant be bothered searching.

51MM 15 Ranger for numbers, 51MM/XX/5 RS for mobility faceroll rotation after 900AP without much less DPS in actual fights since casting Shadow Fire can be annoying and a DPS loss sometimes.
    You're talking out your ***. I've been running with 5rs for a while, but recently tried out NB. The NB variant is doing more damage per attack then 5rs for sure, the only thing it's missing to decide whether it's definitely better is factoring in the 5% crit buff.

Unstable state is definitely not as good as fire and death attunement. It's not even close. Fire and death boost everything by 6%, unstable boosts electrified only by 9%.

Fire and death was recently changed, which is why it wasn't picked up on earlier as a good boost in dps. Since it's been 'decided' one's the best dps since then I guess no one's bothered testing it out?
    Last edited by Mayi; 12-14-2011 at 06:04 AM.
    I rite a gooded guide for rouges.

NB-Sin Guide - http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...-sin-spec.html

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Mayi View Post
    You're talking out your ***. I've been running with 5rs for a while, but recently tried out NB. The NB variant is doing more damage per attack then 5rs for sure, the only thing it's missing to decide whether it's definitely better is factoring in the 5% crit buff.

Unstable state is definitely not as good as fire and death attunement. It's not even close. Fire and death boost everything by 6%, unstable boosts electrified only by 9%.

Fire and death was recently changed, which is why it wasn't picked up on earlier as a good boost in dps. Since it's been 'decided' one's the best dps since then I guess no one's bothered testing it out?
    I stopped following the rogue changes completely since 2 months ago really, slacking majorly, too busy wiping on Akylios and making sure guild wont die from boredom and ToR.

Yes with 6% i accept the fact to take it.

What i ment with the post was simply that:

You either take 15 Ranger for maximum dummy numbers because of the 100AP essence and just deal with the 2 second cast.

or after ~870-880AP without Predatory

10 Ranger 5 RS (Crit dmg, quick shot/cs)

or NB/RS variant for the scaling it provides at those values.

For some less numbers but literally faceroll without cast times unless you use DE for maximum DPS once more ;D
    Last edited by potis; 12-14-2011 at 06:12 AM.
    Insanity@Blightweald EU
    HK 11/11

Telaran

Personally I've been running /13NB/2RS for a few weeks, primarily switched to make my life easier at Zilas.

Previously was using /15Rng with no greater, saw a DPS loss throughout most of the GSB/RoS content but it was pretty negligible. Can't compare in HK since my guild started progressing in there pretty recently.

Is there a point at which /10/5 (with Rng or NB) becomes better than /13/2? Or is /13/2 pretty much the top faceroll 51MM?

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Eilidh View Post
    Personally I've been running /13NB/2RS for a few weeks, primarily switched to make my life easier at Zilas.

Previously was using /15Rng with no greater, saw a DPS loss throughout most of the GSB/RoS content but it was pretty negligible. Can't compare in HK since my guild started progressing in there pretty recently.

Is there a point at which /10/5 (with Rng or NB) becomes better than /13/2? Or is /13/2 pretty much the top faceroll 51MM?
    +%AP will eventually be better than pure +%Damage, at high enough AP levels. It's iffy right now if full HK gear is that tipping point, or if the next tier of gear will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Eilidh View Post
    Dunno, I was wondering this myself - I was thinking the extra 9% to AP would be better, but that was before I realised the extra 3NB gives you a flat +6% damage to everything. You'd probably need a hell of a lot of base AP before 9% extra beats out 6% damage, if it ever does.

About the only thing 15RNG seems to have going for it at higher gear levels (when the greater isn't such a huge boost) is that the Shadow Fire buff applies to Fan Out (which is neither a builder nor a finisher) but since MM AOE is a joke anyway, it hardly seems worth worrying about. And I don't think 15Sin is really worth it unless you want the poisons instead of MM buffs, although I've not tried it so I'm not sure how they stack up.

Gonna try using 13NB/2RS for a while and see how that performs, and maybe I'll go as far as ditching my ranger greater so I have just one pure AP sigil and can switch to a melee build when it'd be better.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by JimboTCB View Post
    Dunno, I was wondering this myself - I was thinking the extra 9% to AP would be better, but that was before I realised the extra 3NB gives you a flat +6% damage to everything. You'd probably need a hell of a lot of base AP before 9% extra beats out 6% damage, if it ever does.

About the only thing 15RNG seems to have going for it at higher gear levels (when the greater isn't such a huge boost) is that the Shadow Fire buff applies to Fan Out (which is neither a builder nor a finisher) but since MM AOE is a joke anyway, it hardly seems worth worrying about. And I don't think 15Sin is really worth it unless you want the poisons instead of MM buffs, although I've not tried it so I'm not sure how they stack up.

Gonna try using 13NB/2RS for a while and see how that performs, and maybe I'll go as far as ditching my ranger greater so I have just one pure AP sigil and can switch to a melee build when it'd be better.
    i think this is where I am in my current state with MM. While MM51 Rng15 has severed me while. I think I am just going to bite the bullet go with the 51mm nb/rs build and replace my ranger greater with another ap essence and move on. This allows me to concentrate on my tank sigil and not have to build a 3rd sigil just for melee and it will be a better in pvp then my current mm/ranger build.

I may lose a little dps but at this point I do not think it is going to gimp me

Quote Originally Posted by JimboTCB View Post

I've found that 51mm-10rng-5rs is more aoe dps then 51mm-15rng. Shadowfire is where you take the hit whlie aoeing with mm. Cast time attack that's single target.

51mm-10rng-5rs is the build I've been running for a while.

When I was recently testing some stuff, I found that AP effects electrified munitions damage. I had though it didn't but was wrong. Damage is all over the place with electrified, but it was consistently higher with a higher high hit with more ap (tested with 5rs v 0rs).

So for a run down on what effects what, I believe it's:
    Ranged attacks - combo builders, finishers, fan out and lightning fury (I don't believe it effects auto attacks)
    ap - combo builders, finishers, fan out, lightning fury and enchantments
    % increases - everything, including auto attack
    Last edited by Mayi; 12-14-2011 at 02:41 PM.

I ran 51mm/13NB/2Rs tonight. I pulled same dps and in some cases higher dps than 51mm/15rng.

Probably due to no actual build up time required in the build.
    Repine

So tried NB tonight, the above spec is better. HP buff and it's more dps - I did more on Sic and Murd with the above rather then NB. I was hoping NB would be more, but missing the crit from ranger must be the difference. The attacks in nb hit harder, but it's overall less dps.

In the build I'm at 1073 ap self buffed with the build, so results might differ depending on your ap.
    Last edited by Mayi; 12-14-2011 at 08:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mgrave66 View Post
    I ran 51mm/13NB/2Rs tonight. I pulled same dps and in some cases higher dps than 51mm/15rng.

Probably due to no actual build up time required in the build.
    Ran it tonight as well and i was very impressed, also the AoE did not suffer like i thought it would. With no down time from Shadowfire it seemed to pick up what little it lost on a per-hit basis. I like it, and will probably be using it as my go -to MM build from now on.
    Hastati (50 warrior), Tsar (50 cleric), Tsaritsa (50 Mage)
    Guides: 51 Bladedancer, Bloodstalker, Nightblade
    DPS Rogue <Trinity>
    5/8 ID; HK Conqueror

Quote Originally Posted by Gyle View Post
    Ran it tonight as well and i was very impressed, also the AoE did not suffer like i thought it would. With no down time from Shadowfire it seemed to pick up what little it lost on a per-hit basis. I like it, and will probably be using it as my go -to MM build from now on.
    I'd try the 51mm-10rng-5rs. That's the build I've been using for a while now. I tried the nb variant last week on Inwar and Akylios and thought it might be better, but running through the instance tonight I was definitely lower. I lost almost 100 on Murdantex and 150 on Sic... though I had more contracts so it's hard to tell on Sic. When I thought it was better I made the thread seeing what others have found... thought there might be something even better out there.

Getting the hp buff makes it good too. There's another MM in guild who I compare against - our gear is very similar. I'll usually parse just above him and he plays 51mm-15rng, using nb he was just above me all night.
    Last edited by Mayi; 12-15-2011 at 05:07 AM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Mayi View Post
    I'd try the 51mm-10rng-5rs. That's the build I've been using for a while now.
    When you use this build does your rotation differ at all from the 51MM 15 RNG build? Obviously keeping Bestial Fury up isn't necessary (or possible), but what are you casting in its place on the first time through?

I think I might try this tonight to see how it does in comparison.

Had another rogue and I try two of these builds for our clear last night thru HK.
    I ran 51MM/15 Sin, with him on 51MM/13NB/2RS.

The sin build seemed to preform much better on AOEs, but very poorly on ST. Having lethal getting spread in an AOE is nice bonus to utility, and overall increase to DPS for the raid on trash. Messed around with using both Hasted and Deadeye, Deadeye seemed to easily preform better for DPS purposes then Hasted, where in a 15Rng, it is about equal to advantage going to Hasted.

The NB build, seemed to suffer a bit on the AOE part, but pick up on ST. Both of these builds held within 100-200 DPS +/- on a 51MM/14Rng/1RS build that a third rogue was running.

I would see using the sin build as more of a utility build in Raids, and honestly might hang on to it for just that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawson15 View Post
    When you use this build does your rotation differ at all from the 51MM 15 RNG build? Obviously keeping Bestial Fury up isn't necessary (or possible), but what are you casting in its place on the first time through?

I think I might try this tonight to see how it does in comparison.
    Well, you wouldnt have Bestial Fury or Shadowfire in 51/10/5 build. Also, I dont use Deadeye in my rotation because i can pull the same DPS with Hasted.

Edit* - Only fight I really MM on is Sicaron because we use MMs to purge. So having something with a cast time to worry about is a headache I dont have to
    deal with.
    Last edited by Mgrave66; 12-15-2011 at 05:50 AM.
    Repine

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast