+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: 51 bard/10 MM and other bard questions from newby mcgee

Sword of Telara

Default 51 bard/10 MM and other bard questions from newby mcgee

1. Is there a guide for 51 bard/10MM/? I did search, i even manually searched thru the last 14 pages of the rgoue forums and couldnt find it.

If theres not a guide, could someone just give me a rough idea as to mm skills and rotation and the basic concepts of the build?
    I know I should be able to figure it out but this is my first MMO , and Im not good at theroy crafting and understanding game mechanics as I could be.

I am raiding in HK 2/10, but am still pretty much a newb. The guy who taught me to bard, could consistently pull twice my hps. He had me run 51 bard/8RS/7NB or something like that. i understand this is no longer the best build? he's been gone about a month now so I cannot ask him

2.He also told me to ignore the greater essences and just go for max dps in my sigil.
    It seems that the consensus is its better to have froxzen deep one tear or Crystal vine in there?

3. Is the bard greater essence that adds 40 heals to cadance worth using?

4. Im not quite understand when my debuff codas are useful in a raid situation since archon overwrites most of em. Is there a time to use these at all in hammerknell?

thanks for the help and sorry for the ..newbness of my newbquerry

51 Bard
    10 Marksman -> 5/5 Single-Minded, 5/5 Increased Firepower
    5 Riftstalker -> 5/5 Unseen Fury

No the greater isn't worth it.

Everything works like any other 51 Bard spec with a few extra toys.

Use a Cadence macro that casts (in order) Cadence, Power Chord, Swift Shot. Spam this macro unless there is a need to use a finisher. Don't worry about wasting combo points.

Use Coda of Jeopardy and let the Archon get the other debuffs. Use your debuffs if you don't have an Archon.

Use Coda of Restoration when people take damage.

Use Hasted Shot when there is a need for a movement speed buff.

Use Shadow Shift when you need to move fast.

Gearing- Stack AP and try to get near 800-900 crit. Use the highest DPS Bow or Gun you have available to you. Try to get a Sacred Heirloom of Eth from xDSM. Don't bother with Greaters in your machine. Fill it up with as many AP lessers as you can get and enjoy using the same machine for any melee offspec you test out.

Edit- For funsies you can use Fan Out on AoE packs of trash ;)
    Last edited by Shikamari; 12-12-2011 at 04:30 PM.
    FT:4/4 EE:5/5 DQ:4/4

Oh one last thing, don't ever let your Motifs fall off, ever. Grab an addon called nkRebuff from riftui.com if you want/need a reminder for recasting.
    FT:4/4 EE:5/5 DQ:4/4

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Shikamari View Post
    Oh one last thing, don't ever let your Motifs fall off, ever. Grab an addon called nkRebuff from riftui.com if you want/need a reminder for recasting.
    thanks!!! downloaded that this weekend. It was really difficult to configure, still not quite there yet.

1A. I'm not to good at understanding macros. In your macro..can you explain why powerchord and swift
    shot are in there? (sorry to be susch a pain but it would help if i understood WHY rather than just copying the macro.)

2A. so no deep one tear or crystal vine or ranger greater? no greaters at all?
    Last edited by Chovie; 12-12-2011 at 04:41 PM.

Ascendant

Try to get a Sacred Heirloom of Eth from xDSM.
    No! No! No!

SHOE is only useful unless you don't have something better. BIS is Token of Warding from Alsbeth

Don't bother with Greaters in your machine. Fill it up with as many AP lessers as you can get and enjoy using the same machine for any melee offspec you test out.
    No! No! No! You want both Hailstone Tideshard from the water raid rift and Frozen Deep One Tear. Both are >> than any lessors you can get.

Quote Originally Posted by Chovie View Post
    thanks!!! downloaded that this weekend. It was really difficult to configure, still not quite there yet.

1A. I'm not to good at understanding macros. In your macro..can you explain why powerchord and swift
    shot are in there? (sorry to be susch a pain but it would help if i understood WHY rather than just copying the macro.)

2A. so no deep one tear or crystal vine or ranger greater? no greaters at all?
    Swift Shot and Power Chord are in there so you can build Combo Points while you are moving, since you can't cadence on the move.

The only greaters that *might* be worth using are the +ap and sp on heal ones, and then only if you are willing to lose HPS for some slight added raid dps. But most bards don't use any greaters at all.
    Last edited by Gyle; 12-12-2011 at 06:56 PM.
    Hastati (50 warrior), Tsar (50 cleric), Tsaritsa (50 Mage)
    Guides: 51 Bladedancer, Bloodstalker, Nightblade
    DPS Rogue <Trinity>
    5/8 ID; HK Conqueror

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Gyle View Post
    The only greaters that *might* be worth using are the +ap and sp on heal ones, and then only if you are willing to lose HPS for some slight added raid dps. But most bards don't use any greaters at all.
    Those are worthless greaters Gyle. Frozen Deep One Tear and Hailstone Tideshard should be in the source engine of EVERY bard. Period. Get them, use them, or just be bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Durango View Post
    Those are worthless greaters Gyle. Frozen Deep One Tear and Hailstone Tideshard should be in the source engine of EVERY bard. Period. Get them, use them, or just be bad.
    I completely disagree, in fact i am of exactly the opposite opinion. I would never tell a bard to put healing greaters in, and those +AP/ +SP greaters proc off of motifs, cadence, and Coda of Resto at a very high proc rate, and stack with everything. They are as good as giving your bard a Darkling Skull.
    Hastati (50 warrior), Tsar (50 cleric), Tsaritsa (50 Mage)
    Guides: 51 Bladedancer, Bloodstalker, Nightblade
    DPS Rogue <Trinity>
    5/8 ID; HK Conqueror

Koe

51 Bard
    10 Marksman -> 5/5 Single-Minded, 5/5 Increased Firepower
    5 Riftstalker -> 5/5 Unseen Fury

No the greater isn't worth it.
    Should be using Frozen One Deep Tear and Hailstone Tideshard. Use Crystal Vines until you get Hailstone.

Use Coda of Jeopardy and let the Archon get the other debuffs. Use your debuffs if you don't have an Archon.
    You use your debuffs any time it will be hitting more than 1 mob.

Gearing- Stack AP and try to get near 800-900 crit. Use the highest DPS Bow or Gun you have available to you. Try to get a Sacred Heirloom of Eth from xDSM. Don't bother with Greaters in your machine. Fill it up with as many AP lessers as you can get and enjoy using the same machine for any melee offspec you test out.
    No, you want to be at the crit soft cap.

Aim for 1020, or so, without raid buffs. That means without your own dex buff.
    Free music! It's legal!
    DISCLAIMER: Some songs may have been taken down.

Koe

I completely disagree, in fact i am of exactly the opposite opinion. I would never tell a bard to put healing greaters in, and those +AP/ +SP greaters proc off of motifs, cadence, and Coda of Resto at a very high proc rate, and stack with everything. They are as good as giving your bard a Darkling Skull.
    Those greaters are only of use if you overgear and/or have everything on farm.

However, it's generally better just to use Frozen Deep One Tear/Hailstone for greater raid survivability so you can run less heals.
    Free music! It's legal!
    DISCLAIMER: Some songs may have been taken down.

Ascendant

1 less healer because bard doesn't suck and can actually be used as a healer and support so you have 1 more DPS >>>> minimal AP/SP. Shield proc at a greater rate than AP/SP greaters as well.
    Last edited by Durango; 12-12-2011 at 10:38 PM.

Rift Disciple

No! No! No!

No! No! No! You want both Hailstone Tideshard from the water raid rift and Frozen Deep One Tear. Both are >> than any GREATER you can get.
    Changed it for you and Caueterising Gem (sp?) is better it proc'd 81 times during a 2 min 30 sec parse.

Heals 1k on 8 players over time. Change the Frozen Deep One for that.
    Last edited by GrazerMcK; 12-12-2011 at 11:21 PM. Reason: Put the wrong greater in - D'oh!

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by GrazerMcK View Post
    Changed it for you and Caueterising Gem (sp?) is better it proc'd 81 times during a 2 min 30 sec parse.

Heals 1k on 8 players over time. Change the Frozen Deep One for that.
    Problem with hots is it ends up being pretty much overhealing where as bubbles can never be overhealing.

Rift Disciple

Problem with hots is it ends up being pretty much overhealing where as bubbles can never be overhealing.
    That's completely fight dependant and how many healers are in the raid.

Quote Originally Posted by GrazerMcK View Post
    That's completely fight dependant and how many healers are in the raid.
    it is fight dependent. however the number of times you will get use out of a hot vs a shield are in the vast minority. preventing damage has always been more powerful than healing it, assuming it has the same opportunity cost.

shield greaters > hot greaters.
    "I did battle with ignorance today, and ignorance won."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast