+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Temporary Enchantments

Telaran

Default Temporary Enchantments

I'm trying to figure out where to get the temporary enchantments I see on people's gear. I have numerous crafters, but I haven't seen anything. I thought they were runes, but those are permanent enchantments. I have the rune I got when I preordered way back that gives like 3 endurance and death resist.

An example is the one for ranged weapons that can silence. I'm looking for anything to increase my dps/survival.

Thanks in advance,
    Malar

What temporary enchantments should I use? I pvp mostly.
    Shortround the Vanquisher: member of Havoc on Keenblade
    Malar the Retired!!

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Malar View Post
    I'm trying to figure out where to get the temporary enchantments I see on people's gear. I have numerous crafters, but I haven't seen anything. I thought they were runes, but those are permanent enchantments. I have the rune I got when I preordered way back that gives like 3 endurance and death resist.

An example is the one for ranged weapons that can silence. I'm looking for anything to increase my dps/survival.

Thanks in advance,
    Malar

What temporary enchantments should I use? I pvp mostly.
    Are you talking about whet stones and the chance to silence and that stuff it all comes from weapon smith or the chance to damage. The only ones i know anyone to use is the stones for a dps increase and mainly in raids

Banned

I use:

http://rift.zam.com/en/recipe/892364590/Fine-Whetstone

and:

http://rift.zam.com/en/recipe/156812...celing-Coating

I don't have the crafters for them, I just pick them up on the AH usually, or buy mats and ask guildies or 50 chat if anyone can make them,.

Exquisite Whetstones are technically better, but far more expensive for a small increase. The Fine ones are . . . fine?

Telaran

Thanks for the info.
    Malar the Retired!!

RIFT Fan Site Operator Dunharrow's Avatar

There's also an armor buff you can stick on your chest. Forget the name, but if you're tanking you should use it. Otherwise probably not worth it.

You can get Sticky Grips for your gloves that reduce disarm time, and Insoles for your boots that increase run speed. These are all temporary and are definitely worth it in some circumstances.
    Last edited by Dunharrow; 12-12-2011 at 01:15 PM.

Shadowlander

Most items can be bought on Auction House under consumables.

Also have some options for weapon enchants from pvp Library merchant.

From auction house (or if you have a crafter friends and know the components) a fully outfitted rogue is sporting perfromance insoles ( runspeed increase-feet), durable riding chaps (mounted speed increase-legs), thick armor plating ( chest increase to physical resist), range weapon coating (either silence or posion), and the whetstones.

You could add a potion, heroic or mighty powersurge vial for strength/dex boost or enduring if you need more hitpoints.

Sword of Telara

the armor stuff is called plating, theres thin and thick.
    theres riding chaps to make you ride faster
    and insoles to make you run faster
    there was once something called mighty quickening brew, but it got nerfed

Ive had the armor plating and whetstones drop in chronicles (back when i did chronciles)

Telaran

Thanks for all the replies. I will be shopping the AH for some items. Anything to make my rogue better!!!!! Of course ranking him up more would help too, but I got burned out doing WFs. Hope to be rank 7 or 8 by Xmas though.

Malar
    Malar the Retired!!

Fro
    Shadowlander

As MM, for PvE, afaik..

Vial - Powersurge (35dex+str) // Heroic Powersurge (40dex+str)
    Ranged - Poisonous Coating (25dmg proc) - According to some parses, this is an extremely miniscule dmg buff. ~0.1% of your total dps.
    Food - Farclan Chocolate Cake (20ap)
    Feet - Performance Insoles (5% runspeed)

According to you guys, I should be using whetstones as well for a net +10dps [8 if being cheap] to melee. Is there any data on Electrified Munitions or a dmg calculation - how much this actually increases your EM dps?

Also, if these buffs work, I should always be considering higher dps melee weapons as upgrades correct?

Oh, and if there are any other consumables that may help, I'd love to know about those too. Like the 8/10% crit buff for 15sec, and any cooldowns/shared cooldowns related to them.
    Last edited by Fro; 12-15-2011 at 03:54 PM.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Fro View Post
    According to you guys, I should be using whetstones as well for a net +10dps [8 if being cheap] to melee.
    They also increase your ranged damage, not just melee.

Quick question....

Say I put whetstones on my 2 equipped 1 handers... and then on 2 others I have in my bags. I now have 4 whetstone buffs showing on my bar. Are they actually giving me extra dps?
    <Coriolis>
    Archemys

RIFT Fan Site Operator Dunharrow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Archemys View Post
    Quick question....

Say I put whetstones on my 2 equipped 1 handers... and then on 2 others I have in my bags. I now have 4 whetstone buffs showing on my bar. Are they actually giving me extra dps?
    Nope. Display bug.

Fro
    Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Threx View Post
    They also increase your ranged damage, not just melee.
    How? Got any info or links to the mechanics behind this?

Just not seeing how a tooltip that specifically states that it buffs melee weapon dps can impact your ranged at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Fro View Post
    According to you guys, I should be using whetstones as well for a net +10dps [8 if being cheap] to melee. Is there any data on Electrified Munitions or a dmg calculation - how much this actually increases your EM dps?

Also, if these buffs work, I should always be considering higher dps melee weapons as upgrades correct?
    Melee weapon dps doesn't affect MM DPS, but the whetstone enchants you put on your melee weapons affect all MM damage including EM procs. It's not exactly +10/8 DPS - I don't think I've ever read data from anyone to quantify exactly how much of a buff it is - but it is definitely a buff. If you absolutely need proof, go DPS the dummy and note your crits (which don't change) then apply the whetstones and do it again. Two whetstones is more damage than one whetstone which is more than none. Just go with it.

Equip the two one-handed weapons with the best stats (stats, not weapon DPS) and put whetstones on them.

I don't think the poison enchant for ranged is worth it at all. If it somehow ended up in your inventory then use it but I think 0.1% is a little on the high side for the actual contribution from that enchant.
    Last edited by Carthoris; 12-16-2011 at 02:41 PM.

Soulwalker

I didn't know whetstones effect ranged damage at all, I guess I'll have to test this.

I just recently got Lightning Glyph from Air Attunement... I figured the 30AP was good considering I wasn't using Whetstones (I am crit capped so 60crit is near worthless).

Does anyone have rough DPS increase numbers? I am assuming its going to be more than 30AP right?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast