+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Eating Moldering Decay on Sicaron

Soulwalker

Default Eating Moldering Decay on Sicaron

We just started Sicaron this last week and I have been having some issues with getting hit with Moldering Decay while using a blinkblade spec. This could just be a major fail on my part, but my issue is that blinks take you to almost the center of the mob, and if I just move forward the tinniest amount there are times where I would be getting hit by this.

Guess main question is does this happen to other folks? Are our tanks just not stacked on top of each other, or can it hit anyone within 5m of the MT not just the nearest?

Part of problem at least Sat night was I was zoomed out all the way for placement of the crystals and when everyone is stacked on his *** it's hard to tell when zoomed out that far if you are actually in melee or not (other than the numbers going across your screen). Will in the future go first person and than switch to 3rd when get a contract. Think it will also help to change the blink binding keys, so it's impossible to move forward and blink at the same time.

PS: Just checking do any guilds use MM for purging? Just seems like it is a damn easy way to commit sucide by pressing eradicate more than once.

Plane Touched

Are you solo tanking it? If you have 2 tanks in front of him stacked this should not be an issue. Other then that I would say dont blink during decay and take a step back after you blink.

Telaran

Default Easy Peasy Japanesy

Quote Originally Posted by Adaal View Post
    Guess main question is does this happen to other folks? Are our tanks just not stacked on top of each other, or can it hit anyone within 5m of the MT not just the nearest?
    your tanks are fine you're just getting into his Moldering Decay, stop it :P

it's hard to tell when zoomed out that far if you are actually in melee or not (other than the numbers going across your screen). Will in the future go first person and than switch to 3rd when get a contract. Think it will also help to change the blink binding keys, so it's impossible to move forward and blink at the same time.
    Have people stack on his right Leg, which is farther back, if you get to close you get hit, if you're on his RT leg on the back you should be fine, and time your blinks for when he finishs his Moldering Decay not just before.

PS: Just checking do any guilds use MM for purging? Just seems like it is a damn easy way to commit sucide by pressing eradicate more than once.
    Yes we use mostly MM's, You just make sure you purge early cause it has some latency typically. But if you spam it you die, some of my Rogues have done that. You have to pop it once and wait the 1-2s for it to actually purge him. Due to server latency typically since my Guild is on Wolfsbane and we are high pop.

Soulwalker

Nope we have been using 2 tanks, since just started and no one has more than one piece of mark gear yet.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by iZemi View Post
    Are you solo tanking it? If you have 2 tanks in front of him stacked this should not be an issue. Other then that I would say dont blink during decay and take a step back after you blink.
    pretty much.

our guild just went to go try sicaron as well. however, unlike the OP we had no such issues. though this is possibly because every rogue we have (except me) seems to only use MM. i had no issues with my blink spec though. im not tapping forward after blinking either, blink puts you close enough for melee so there is no reason to move unless its backwards.
    Operating System: Windows 7 Pro 64bit
    Processor: Intel i7 960 @ 3.8Ghz
    Memory: 6GB DDR3 Triple Channel
    Graphics: Palit Geforce GTX 560Ti 2GB (Driver 301.24 BETA)
    Monitor: ASUS VE248 @ 1920x1080

Soulwalker

Probably wasn't clear, I havn't been going forward directly after blinks (learned to stop that the first time it happened on Murd and ate a cleave =P), it's typically 3-4 secs after a blink that our tanks have been moving him. And if you misjudge how far they move him while already being at the center of the mob.. well... that's all she wrote.

But you guys are right, the solution is simple and obvious, put mouldering decay on raidkiller, and step back after every blink.

Rift Disciple

just make sure you are pressing S or pressing nothing when you blink, you'll be fine.

RIFT Fan Site Operator Dunharrow's Avatar

It happened to me once, but never again. Step back after blinks and don't blink while he's casting Mouldering.

Alternatively use a Nightblade or Marksman spec instead, both will parse high.

My trick for that fight to see where the heck I am when I melee (I usually play ranged) is turn off all raid and party member names and only have mine on. It makes judging my location much easier when zoomed out.
    FT:4/4 EE:5/5 DQ:4/4

+ Reply to Thread