+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bard PA, Why U no reset me Trion?

Default Bard PA, Why U no reset me Trion?

So i'm trying to get my PA reset because I spent my first few points on weapon hexes and being a bard at that time (when PA first came out) I didn't know that the weapon hexes don't affect bards. Now that I am much higher level, and my PA is incredibly wonky, I would like a reset, this is the response I get from the a GM.

I apologize for any inconvenience this issue may have caused, and I would be happy to clarify this for you. Unfortunatley, the ability "Cadence" is a spell, not a physical melee attack, and as with any spell, is not affected by bonuses to physical attack. The weapon Planar Attunement Hexes will only add damage to abilities which utilize melee attacks. Unfortunately, we will be unable to assist with resetting your Planar Attunement due to this issue, and we hope you will be able to acquire enough experience in the future to get the hexes which you truly want.

I don't see how this makes sense. I mean the dps on our weapons does matter when it comes to cadence, but the dps hexes don't? WHYYYYYY?

Please tell me that I'm not being unreasonable here....

<BREAKING BADS> : HK 11/11 : ID 5/8 : Main Bard
    Breakings Bads is currently looking for an amazing INFERNAL DAWN Ready MAGE. Apply at Breaking Bads Website

can i has reset 2 plox

Plane Walker

******ed trion should gave free planar reset when they made t2 avaliable

Quote Originally Posted by d4bidden View Post
    ******ed trion should gave free planar reset when they made t2 avaliable
    +1 Maybe I'll try to open a ticket and try my luck. Because when it comes down to it, it really is nearly the same thing as soul trees. If you didn't let people reset soul points they'd throw a fit.
    <Coriolis>
    Archemys

respecs for all!

(Gear)

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Zeth View Post
    So i'm trying to get my PA reset because I spent my first few points on weapon hexes and being a bard at that time (when PA first came out) I didn't know that the weapon hexes don't affect bards. Now that I am much higher level, and my PA is incredibly wonky, I would like a reset, this is the response I get from the a GM.

I apologize for any inconvenience this issue may have caused, and I would be happy to clarify this for you. Unfortunatley, the ability "Cadence" is a spell, not a physical melee attack, and as with any spell, is not affected by bonuses to physical attack. The weapon Planar Attunement Hexes will only add damage to abilities which utilize melee attacks. Unfortunately, we will be unable to assist with resetting your Planar Attunement due to this issue, and we hope you will be able to acquire enough experience in the future to get the hexes which you truly want.

I don't see how this makes sense. I mean the dps on our weapons does matter when it comes to cadence, but the dps hexes don't? WHYYYYYY?
    Well if true that is disconcerting and fairly counter-intuitive. Though, since it is a GM, who really knows if it is true or not. This would actually be a perfect time for either Ailion or Daglar to drop by and confirm or deny. If true this is a major oversight and deserving of a bug fix.

As far as PA, I'm honestly surprised that they haven't added in a reset system yet. Seems like it is easy enough for them to do and would likely end the somewhat uneven and unfair russian roulette of putting in GM tickets for it.

Ok, what in Pa helps bard? The only one I can see is air and dex bonus. But not sure on that. So any clue on which one helps bard?

Second thing and I know this sound weird. But I like the pa system tied to the soul tree. If you got five then you got 5 pa for each one. That way you can adjust them to what that soul tree is being used for. That to me would be awesome.
    Let freedom ring and all trolls hide under the bridge

Banned

This GM response seems to state the exact opposite that Durango said in this thread:

http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...hetstones.html

Hmmm... parse time? I'll try to remember when i get home to try it.

Champion

I'm almost positive when I filled two hexes yesterday I saw the damage of my Cadence increase on the dummy, even if it was just a single point.
    Greybriar Guardian Bard

Koe

Weapon DPS works for cadence.

Edit: I think you just went into axes/swords, which is what I saw you with, and then you got relic dagger and want to reset it to dagger.
    Last edited by Koe; 12-12-2011 at 12:11 PM.
    Free music! It's legal!
    DISCLAIMER: Some songs may have been taken down.

Quote Originally Posted by Koe View Post
    Weapon DPS works for cadence.

Edit: I think you just went into axes/swords, which is what I saw you with, and then you got relic dagger and want to reset it to dagger.

Um, no. I had an axe/sword before and stopped leveling PA for the weapons because it does not affect cadence damage.

Why would I reset it for dagger hexes if they said it doesn't effect the cadence damage? I'd rather just get stats which is why I want the reset in the first place.
    Last edited by Zeth; 12-12-2011 at 12:27 PM.

Breakings Bads is currently looking for an amazing INFERNAL DAWN Ready MAGE. Apply at Breaking Bads Website

LOL so bards are just boned? I mean i haven't tested this myself, but if that's true its really really gay.
    Hastati (50 warrior), Tsar (50 cleric), Tsaritsa (50 Mage)
    Guides: 51 Bladedancer, Bloodstalker, Nightblade
    DPS Rogue <Trinity>
    5/8 ID; HK Conqueror

RIFT Fan Site Operator Dunharrow's Avatar

Please tell me that I'm not being unreasonable here....
    GM is wrong. Weapon damage PA works for Cadence. If you have Marksman in your build (you should) then it works off your ranged weapon, so only the relevant Bow or Gun PA will work. Sorry you wasted points on melee weapons. Well, I'm not sorry. But if I cared, I would be sorry. If you don't believe me, just swap your ranged weapon (again, assuming you have marksman in the build) with a level 1 gun and watch your Cadence damage plummet. Upgrading your PA works exactly like upgrading the DPS of your weapon. It works.

It shouldn't be surprising or concerning to find that a GM is wrong about things like this. It's a fairly deep game mechanic and a GM is essentially just a customer service rep. It would be like expecting a customer service guy with your phone company to know how much electrical current is required to generate a dial tone. He could find out, but he probably doesn't know.

Also its funny that the GM called Cadence a spell, when Trion has been working so hard to differentiate spells and "non-physical attacks."
    Last edited by Dunharrow; 12-12-2011 at 01:13 PM.

^well maybe it works for ranged weapon hexes but not melee ones?

RIFT Fan Site Operator Dunharrow's Avatar

^well maybe it works for ranged weapon hexes but not melee ones?
    Cadence uses your ranged weapon DPS if you have Ranger or Marksman in your build. If you don't, it uses your melee weapon DPS. Most bards have MM in their build now, so it will be based on their ranged weapon.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast