+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bard & Ranged Trinkets

Default Bard & Ranged Trinkets

Been searching for a while and struggling to find good trinkets for ranged from T2. I don't raid as yest and I miss most DRR so I'm only really interested in T2 drops.

Can find lots of melee trinks but no ranged ones. Best solution so far seems to be PvP stat trinket, or has a new one been added in the new instances?

For Bards, I know of the blue trinket from tier 1, Spirit Wolf Totem from KB , and the Sacred Heirloom from DM (any others would be of interest). But the question is more, if you queue as a support for these instances should you be allowed an equal chance to roll on these as the main healer? The one and only time I saw the Heirloom drop I asked permission to roll on it and got threatened with physical violence if I even tried as it is onlt for a healer not support....

The Sacred Heirloom of Eth (SHoE) is just as, if not more, useful to you as a Bard as it is to a Cleric Healer or Chloro. You can and should roll on it if it drops.

I have tried other trinkets when I go Marksman, but the Skull of Damnation works best for me. I use the AP proccing trinkets when I melee. They don't seem to proc as much on Ranged Attacks.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Gethzerion View Post
    Can find lots of melee trinks but no ranged ones.

For Bards, I know of the blue trinket from tier 1, Spirit Wolf Totem from KB , and the Sacred Heirloom from DM (any others would be of interest). But the question is more, if you queue as a support for these instances should you be allowed an equal chance to roll on these as the main healer? The one and only time I saw the Heirloom drop I asked permission to roll on it and got threatened with physical violence if I even tried as it is onlt for a healer not support....

Old Thieve's Mastertools from DSM and Shard of Planes from RD proc on ranged as well, not just melee.

As bard, it is perfectly moral and ethical to roll on Spirit Wolf Totem and Sacred Heirloom of Eth. Bards can get as much use out of these as any healer. Any healer QQing should be completely ignored. The same goes for any shield-on-proc items.
    Last edited by Threx; 12-12-2011 at 07:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gethzerion View Post
    Been searching for a while and struggling to find good trinkets for ranged from T2. I don't raid as yest and I miss most DRR so I'm only really interested in T2 drops.

Can find lots of melee trinks but no ranged ones. Best solution so far seems to be PvP stat trinket, or has a new one been added in the new instances?

Roll on it if it drops. Every Rogue should have one. I passed it to clerics for about 5 months, then I passed to a Cleric in a PUG and another Rogue rolled and won and I vowed to never pass it again.

It's definitely worth it for bard. I honestly think it's better for bard than it is for Cleric. Bard heals are small but really fast across the entire group. So many proc chances with bard Cadence spam.
    Last edited by Sozu; 12-12-2011 at 07:30 AM.

Shatterbone ~ 60 ROGUE, 50+ MAGE ~ The Abyss

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Quote Originally Posted by Threx View Post
    Old Thieve's Mastertools from DSM and Shard of Planes from RD proc on ranged as well, not just melee.
    In all the times I have run these instances, I don't think I have ever seen either of those drop Will have to keep an eye out for the shard

Quote Originally Posted by Threx View Post
    As bard, it is perfectly moral and ethical to roll on Spirit Wolf Totem and Sacred Heirloom of Eth. Bards can get as much use out of these as any healer. Any healer QQing should be completely ignored. The same goes for any shield-on-proc items.
    OK, I think the general concensus is I should roll on this - thanks guys

Shadowlander

Actually the shoe is better for bards than it is for anyone but the icar specs, pretty sure reparation proccs it. However when you have motif of regeneration up and you are spamming cadence proc the heal every 5 seconds or so it seems like. Oh and the shards has a 2% drop chance off warden falidor in RD
    Last edited by Kent Adams; 12-13-2011 at 05:42 AM.

+ Reply to Thread