+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 51 MM/14RNG/ 1 RS vs 49NB/17Sin

Soulwalker

Default 51 MM/14RNG/ 1 RS vs 49NB/17Sin

Can MM compete with NBSIN in pve dps? If so what are the differences in dps wise? I prefer MM but if NBsin is higher dps then i will have to switch. Thanks for your thoughts.

Soulwalker

Here is a crazy idea, why not try it out yourself and see?

RIFT Guide Writer

NB scales better with raidbuffs and gear. If your gear is excellent then NB should give better results but at lower gear level you might see the opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by Valase View Post
    Can MM compete with NBSIN in pve dps? If so what are the differences in dps wise? I prefer MM but if NBsin is higher dps then i will have to switch. Thanks for your thoughts.
    If you are not softcapped at 1000 crit I'd get 1 point in Sab for +3% dex to boost your crit over your AP.

Having said as much, if you want competitive PvE dps in a melee spec, knowing that you won't do AOE damage like a MM (and shouldn't), the 20 RS/19BD/27 Sin combo is hella high dps.

Again, this is assuming you are at least close to the 1k crit cap and have begun stacking AP on your gear.

MM DPS is not superior to NB or other builds, it's just easier to have high DPS. Further, when it comes to aoe MM spec can hold it's own across the raid, but frankly, if you just want to be top DPS on some meter, you're not really interested in competing for PvE DPS so much as just topping charts.

Roll a mage for that
    Linkedin
    Crushing noobs in RIFT PvP since 2011

Lol both of those are horrible go with 33 sab/ 32 rng, it's currently the top dps spec out their
    Rhyli@Hailol

It depends on the fight. Bosses with high armor will parse better with Nightblade. Grug and Vlad are two I can think of for sure.

Personally I parse high on Estrode, Molinar, Matron, and Sicaron as MM. I tank upper and parse low on Zilas with MM due to being a spirit interrupter / killer. I parse much higher on Murd Grug and Vlad with the NB build.

Your results may vary

Edit- I use a Marksin spec for Estrode (51MM/15Sin/0Sab)
    Last edited by Shikamari; 12-11-2011 at 08:35 PM.
    FT:4/4 EE:5/5 DQ:4/4

RIFT Fan Site Operator Dunharrow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxxer View Post
    If you are not softcapped at 1000 crit I'd get 1 point in Sab for +3% dex to boost your crit over your AP.

Having said as much, if you want competitive PvE dps in a melee spec, knowing that you won't do AOE damage like a MM (and shouldn't), the 20 RS/19BD/27 Sin combo is hella high dps.

Again, this is assuming you are at least close to the 1k crit cap and have begun stacking AP on your gear.

MM DPS is not superior to NB or other builds, it's just easier to have high DPS. Further, when it comes to aoe MM spec can hold it's own across the raid, but frankly, if you just want to be top DPS on some meter, you're not really interested in competing for PvE DPS so much as just topping charts.

Roll a mage for that
    Yeah, it would be pretty unbalanced if Nightblade could match the awesome AOE power of Marksman.

Marksman, which is not the best AOE spec for Rogue. Rogue, which is dead last on AOE damage. By a lot.
    Last edited by Dunharrow; 12-12-2011 at 12:18 AM.

Nightblade has an interrupt, but no purge to speak of, so I would probably stick with MM, even if it's slightly less dps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    I believe Assassin DoTs are uncleansable.

It's still a terrible PvP spec compared to Marksman, though.

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Gunzip View Post
    Nightblade has an interrupt
    Wut?

Nightblade has a silence which is only usable coming out of stealth. Dark Containment is a Mez.

Neither work on bosses.

Higher gear level (almost/full HK) NB will do better by a tiny bit, and not on aoe.

Lower gear level (full t1 raid) MM will do better by a tiny bit, and on aoe.

Either level of gear (single tar) bloodstalker will do best.
    (_(_)_) -Gambiit- (_(_)_)
    always watching

+ Reply to Thread