+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Debate: Best PvP MM spec in 1.6

Soulwalker

Default Debate: Best PvP MM spec in 1.6

Dunsparrow 44/22/x or Zyzyx 51/15/x
    I suppose it depend on the situation demand whether is open world or wf. Or whether is 1vs1, spamming your gun or bow in wf. I don't see both spec are at their best of usefulness in wf with assassin when facing large group of opposition faction.

You're actually accrediting those builds to Dun and Zyzyx?
    http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__...1/Facehoof.jpg
    And anyway, I can list way more off the top of my head.
    44 MM/22 RS
    44 MM/22 SIN
    44 MM/20 SIN/2 RS
    51 MM/15 INF
    51 MM/15 RNG
    40 MM/20 SIN/6 RNG
    44 MM/16 NB/6 RNG

I favor the last two, atm.
    ~Quiescent

Rift Disciple

You are saying assassin is better with large groups with your last sentence? If so I'm not sure about that...

If you dont see the marksman usefulness maybe you could use some help:
    http://taugrim.com/2011/10/08/rift-p...fe-kiting-ftw/ (blog)
    http://www.youtube.com/user/taugrimt...18/6I01vCb3RA8 (video on blog)
    http://www.gamebreaker.tv/mmo-keybin...nstant-action/ (@ 13mins)

Oh, and I like 44/22.
    Last edited by VoiceofTreason; 12-11-2011 at 11:44 AM.
    >I like shootn things<

Koe

Either 44 build, or mm/nb build. Dat SoD.
    Free music! It's legal!
    DISCLAIMER: Some songs may have been taken down.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by VoiceofTreason View Post
    You are saying assassin is better with large groups with your last sentence? If so I'm not sure about that...

If you dont see the marksman usefulness maybe you could use some help:
    http://taugrim.com/2011/10/08/rift-p...fe-kiting-ftw/ (blog)
    http://www.youtube.com/user/taugrimt...18/6I01vCb3RA8 (video on blog)
    http://www.gamebreaker.tv/mmo-keybin...nstant-action/ (@ 13mins)

Oh, and I like 44/22.
    I didn't say 44mm/22sin is better when facing large group. Since I rolled rogue and now I'm at R6, all I see is either Dun or Zyzyx contributing guides in rogue's. I never seen others so forgive me that not mentioning the rest. But your link seem pretty useful.

Plane Touched

No matter what MM spec I try, I always find myself coming back to 51/15inf. I just can't do without Cleanse + Break Free. I don't play MM to stealth...If I want stealth I go 51sin 15mm, mostly to knock people off in Ember Watch, but it's a good spec anyway.

I have been seeing more and more rogues running a mix of MM and RS, and it seems really good for survival.

edit: thinking about it, I might make a 44mm 15 inf 6 something-else spec just to try it. I rarely use Silver Tip and could probably spare 6 points from MM.
    Last edited by Metallica11; 12-11-2011 at 02:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildheart View Post
    Dunsparrow 44/22/x or Zyzyx 51/15/x
    LOL really?
    Linkedin
    Crushing noobs in RIFT PvP since 2011

I run 44 MM 22 RS in codex and library, awesone mix of survival through shields and rift scavenger.

51 MM and 15 Infil in whitefall.

90% of the time i get top DBs and rarely die in the match. Only 2 specs i like.
    Gnarlwood - Belladonna - P50 Rogue
    Seastone - Puandro - P24 Mage
    Im here for the PvE, not the unbalanced subpar PvP.
    Just Waiting...

Im r6 and run 44 mm / 22 sin.. but im finding perma stealth is not so important as it was r2.

Will probably try MM/RS or MM/INF soon.

Whats the point of 6 in RGR? ( Edit I ZAM'd it.. Predatory Instincts + Crippling).

I run 51 sin / 15 bd but my dmg is not quite up there unless no healers around... might change at r8 i suppose?

If they made SoD passive.... id never leave NB/RS :P
    Last edited by Fudge; 12-11-2011 at 03:51 PM.
    Infanta
    Hello Kitty
    60 rogue, mage, cleric and working on a worrior

More of a question then a statement, but why bother going past 44mm? It seems that going inf or sin both have their usefulness. I was considering going 22sin and not for the permastealth, but a bit more utility and baneful+EM.

I tried considering RS, but being that the whole goal is not being in melee, I found that I didn't want to be using anything other than shadow shift. I understand for tight spaces like library you don't really have a choice in the matter though.

Quote Originally Posted by freakinaye View Post
    More of a question then a statement, but why bother going past 44mm? It seems that going inf or sin both have their usefulness. I was considering going 22sin and not for the permastealth, but a bit more utility and baneful+EM.

I tried considering RS, but being that the whole goal is not being in melee, I found that I didn't want to be using anything other than shadow shift. I understand for tight spaces like library you don't really have a choice in the matter though.
    Going RS makes you not squishy. Also gives you more burst at the start. Barbed shot, swift swift, port. RFS, strafe, deadeye, kill people fast. Also rift scavenger lets you kill people without heals. Its an awesome spec for codex and library, also you get a free break free with shadow shift. I avoid geared shield warriors because i dont do much damage but 2hand or DW i just murder them.

51 MM and 15 infil using silver tip and electrified allows you do be a long range sniper. I use it on whitefall and rarely die, you have to know how to kite. With this i can actually kill warriors, once infil passive and silver tip stack up i can hit dead eye shield warriors for 2K. Ive hit mages for 3.5K.
    Just Waiting...

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Fudge View Post
    Im r6 and run 44 mm / 22 sin.. but im finding perma stealth is not so important as it was r2.
    MM is about range and kiting. MM puts out a lot of focus damage and is very useful against most specs. Also makes FOTM NB/RS lolzy.

Will probably try MM/RS or MM/INF soon.
    MM/RS is best vs other MM. MM/INF is best against everything else.

I run 51 sin / 15 bd but my dmg is not quite up there unless no healers around... might change at r8 i suppose?
    51sin/15inf burns through everything but wardens like a blow torch through butter. Also, only fail rogues use paralyzing strike.

If they made SoD passive.... id never leave NB/RS :P
    NB/RS is a free kill for anyone competent. It is a bad spec overdependent on buffs with way too little damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Durango View Post
    MM is about range and kiting. MM puts out a lot of focus damage and is very useful against most specs. Also makes FOTM NB/RS lolzy.

MM/RS is best vs other MM. MM/INF is best against everything else.

51sin/15inf burns through everything but wardens like a blow torch through butter. Also, only fail rogues use paralyzing strike.

NB/RS is a free kill for anyone competent. It is a bad spec overdependent on buffs with way too little damage.
    I find NB/RS awesome in BG, Library, and Codex. Its a "bulky" build that allows you do be in the frontlines and deal damage. Hard to take out if they know how to port around and monitor their buffs.
    Just Waiting...

RIFT Fan Site Operator Dunharrow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zaros View Post
    You're actually accrediting those builds to Dun and Zyzyx?
    Want some peanut butter with that jelly?

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Puandro View Post
    Going RS makes you not squishy. Also gives you more burst at the start. Barbed shot, swift swift, port. RFS, strafe, deadeye, kill people fast. Also rift scavenger lets you kill people without heals. Its an awesome spec for codex and library, also you get a free break free with shadow shift. I avoid geared shield warriors because i dont do much damage but 2hand or DW i just murder them.

51 MM and 15 infil using silver tip and electrified allows you do be a long range sniper. I use it on whitefall and rarely die, you have to know how to kite. With this i can actually kill warriors, once infil passive and silver tip stack up i can hit dead eye shield warriors for 2K. Ive hit mages for 3.5K.
    Silver-Tip is PVP is not the way to go. Too reliant on build-up. Go EM/RM. All of your physical attacks have 50% Armor Penetration (60% if you spec Inf). Switch to STM only for "God" targets like defensive clerics or warriors.

The main attraction behind 51MM in PVP is 75% AP contribution, harder hitting EM and +35% damage when standing still.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast