+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: Guns and Bows: Travel Time

Quote Originally Posted by Durango View Post
    bah, guardians get the best lesser/greater in the game currently...
    lolwut.

@dun please make the gun drop for us then. outside of 2 rings my guild hasnt seen anything from trash in 2 months.
    "I did battle with ignorance today, and ignorance won."

RIFT Fan Site Operator Dunharrow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by livnthedream View Post
    lolwut.

@dun please make the gun drop for us then. outside of 2 rings my guild hasnt seen anything from trash in 2 months.
    Consider it Dun.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Zaros View Post
    http://memegenerator.net/cache/insta...6/12233375.jpg
    I never played WoW.

Also, if real life applied to this game, your existence in itself would be null, because you play an Elf. Don't start a "Real life" argument.
    Then you have no excuse for being 'mirror items/classes' addicted...

Don't be so evil with your pointless statement : a bow, even from a fantasy game is a real life object, unlike an elf...I won't argue further, it's the most dumb conversation I could have...

Quote Originally Posted by Dunharrow View Post
    The travel time is honestly not an issue for me. When I was using Verdant Archbow and primarily PvP'd as MM, I liked the travel time better. It let's you set up combo-shots if a target is running toward you.

I remember frequently getting in front of a target and doing Empowered > Barbed > Rapid Fire and have everything hit at the exact same moment. Felt pretty awesome. Sure it has its downsides too (many of which were listed) but its not as big of a negative as people are making it out to be in this thread.
    +1, it does have some advantages as well.

Anyway, give guardian a pvp gun so we can close this non sense thread.

Do you prefer a blue or a pink gun ?

"A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords at dawn..".

The travel time is honestly not an issue for me. When I was using Verdant Archbow and primarily PvP'd as MM, I liked the travel time better. It let's you set up combo-shots if a target is running toward you.

I remember frequently getting in front of a target and doing Empowered > Barbed > Rapid Fire and have everything hit at the exact same moment. Felt pretty awesome. Sure it has its downsides too (many of which were listed) but its not as big of a negative as people are making it out to be in this thread.
    You play Marksman really weird.
    Maybe the slightest, tiniest edge if Double-Barreled Problem Solvers weren't so easily accessible.
    My guild has been 10/11 for 2 weeks now, and we have seen one Double-Barreled Problem Solver drop, ever.
    ~Quiescent

You play Marksman really weird.

My guild has been 10/11 for 2 weeks now, and we have seen one Double-Barreled Problem Solver drop, ever.
    Same here. I've been 10/11 for 6 weeks now and have yet to see a single Doubel-Barreled Problem Solver drop...

Luckily, I play Defiant
    - Kaboomium <The Unnamed> -

Quote Originally Posted by Gaaz View Post
    Then you have no excuse for being 'mirror items/classes' addicted...
    I like how "A level playing field" becomes "Mirror Classes addicted". Do you say the same thing to people who think Domis are overpowered?

Don't be so evil with your pointless statement : a bow, even from a fantasy game is a real life object, unlike an elf...I won't argue further, it's the most dumb conversation I could have...
    Okay, horses are real life objects. How are we able to hold them in our backpack/inventory? Horses are bigger than we are, and we materialize them whenever we want to. That violates all sorts of laws of physics. We shouldn't be able to whip out mounts whenever we want to, we should actually have to visit stables any time we want to mount up.

See how dumb the "real life" argument is?
    +1, it does have some advantages as well.
    Like what?

Anyway, give guardian a pvp gun so we can close this non sense thread
    ~Quiescent

Champion

So first of all, I m not an elf, I m a Kelari. this misstakes shows that you don't give a sh*** about rift's background, so next point is : Defiants are mastering technology whereas guardians are more about faith. So you got a bow, we got a gun. End of story.
    (That's a troll, fyi, don't bother answering...)

I like how "A level playing field" becomes "Mirror Classes addicted". Do you say the same thing to people who think Domis are overpowered?
    oO?
    Do you actually know what mirror classes are?This is between 2+ enemy factions, not between different classes...(Rift has mirror classes for instance) I don't know wtf are domis doing here, lol, I don't think they are overpowered anyway...So rly, I didn't get it

Okay, horses are real life objects. How are we able to hold them in our backpack/inventory? Horses are bigger than we are, and we materialize them whenever we want to. That violates all sorts of laws of physics. We shouldn't be able to whip out mounts whenever we want to, we should actually have to visit stables any time we want to mount up.

See how dumb the "real life" argument is?
    Sry, I promise to myself.I won't argue more,but if you want a bow to shoot like a gun, why don't you ask for a gun? oO

Like what?
    Read the quote above
    Last edited by Gaaz; 12-13-2011 at 06:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaaz View Post
    So first of all, I m not an elf, I m a Kelari. this misstakes shows that you don't give a sh*** about rift's background,
    Once, all Elves were united as Tavril's chosen protectors, though some viewed their duty as more burden than honor. During the Age of Dragons, the Elves who came to call themselves Kelari turned from Tavril, pursuing what they saw as spiritual equality.
    For years, they operated in secret within High Elven society, forming pacts with powerful spirits and lesser gods. These cabals were exposed, and the resulting bloody struggle nearly consumed the Elves from within. Finally, under flag of truce, the High Priestess Isidora led her people from the ancient Elven homeland, to settle on a tropical archipelago.
    - Directly from the Rift homepage, describing Kelari. Kelari are elves.

Congratulations on making an ad hominem attack with absolutely no basis.

so next point is : Defiants are mastering technology whereas guardians are more about faith. So you got a bow, we got a gun. End of story.
    Yup! And that's exactly why I made this thread. Congratulations on stating the obvious.

(That's a troll, fyi, don't bother answering...)
    Should I even be taking you seriously?

oO?
    Do you actually know what mirror classes are?This is between 2+ enemy factions, not between different classes...(Rift has mirror classes for instance) I don't know wtf are domis doing here, lol, I don't think they are overpowered anyway...So rly, I didn't get it
    You call wanting balance "mirror class addiction". Make the connection, it isn't hard.

Sry, I promise to myself.I won't argue more,but if you want a bow to shoot like a gun, why don't you ask for a gun? oO
    ~Quiescent

Champion

- Directly from the Rift homepage, describing Kelari. Kelari are elves.

Congratulations on making an ad hominem attack with absolutely no basis.

Yup! And that's exactly why I made this thread. Congratulations on stating the obvious.

Should I even be taking you seriously?

You call wanting balance "mirror class addiction". Make the connection, it isn't hard.
    Lol !
    I did say this was a troll, maybe I ll put a bigger sign next time...
    Anyway, when you lack of imagination so that balancing factions has to be exactly the same, it's called mirror class/itemization... sry :s

Don't get mad at me, I come from games where if u are not fine with what the other faction has, you just deal with it or reroll...unless it's a Huge advantage...but personnally, I wouldn't take seriously any pvper that would say it is ...

PS : I think I DO KNOW what I am, and I am a Kelari ! ;)
    Last edited by Gaaz; 12-13-2011 at 08:11 AM.

RIFT Fan Site Operator Dunharrow's Avatar

Okay, horses are real life objects. How are we able to hold them in our backpack/inventory? Horses are bigger than we are, and we materialize them whenever we want to.
    I would just like to document this point in the thread. It was originally about Guns vs Bows. Its now about horses in backpacks.

I would just like to document this point in the thread. It was originally about Guns vs Bows. Its now about horses in backpacks.
    Just because I use a metaphor doesn't change the whole purpose of the thread.
    ~Quiescent

Just because I use a metaphor doesn't change the whole purpose of the thread.
    We need to work on your sarcasm radar Quis. Grins wryly.

Anyway, tldr the bottom line is either we change bows to work like guns with travel time, or vice versa (which would really, really, piss Alot of people off I'd bet) or give both sides guns.

Even if you wanted to argue it in game lore wise it doesn't make sense. If that were the case my guardian would have destroyed that double barreled shotgun he found in hammer knell....
    60Rog/PR64 - Cleared - FT | EE
    1-button TOTALLY AFK Rogue and Cheerleader for Blitz!

Quote Originally Posted by Raynald View Post
    We need to work on your sarcasm radar Quis. Grins wryly.

Anyway, tldr the bottom line is either we change bows to work like guns with travel time, or vice versa (which would really, really, piss Alot of people off I'd bet) or give both sides guns.

Even if you wanted to argue it in game lore wise it doesn't make sense. If that were the case my guardian would have destroyed that double barreled shotgun he found in hammer knell....

Don't throw the baby out with the bathwater here.

Guns are different then bows. Period.
    A bullet has a faster exit velocity then a bow.
    It takes a bullet a fraction of the time to reach it's target then an arrow.
    You can't tell where a bullet came from. You sometimes can see the arrow coming.

You cannot argue these. You cannot expect them to function identically. what you SHOULD be asking for is to not have one over power the other. Find ways to give bows an equally compelling mechanic that guns do not.

Someone mentioned earlier that the guns which high fantasy guns are based on are old. They take a long time to reload. They were often less accurate because of primitive ballistic technologies.

If guns experience their inherent benefits like no travel time with no tracers, then Bows should fire faster and tend to be more accurate then their medieval counterparts.
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianMorin View Post
    The more people play Rift and subscribe, the more time and money we have to continue to evolve the game....

"Cerium, glowers at you dubiously -- looks like he would wipe the floor with you!"

Quote Originally Posted by Cerium View Post

You can't tell where a bullet came from. You sometimes can see the arrow coming.

You cannot argue these. You cannot expect them to function identically. what you SHOULD be asking for is to not have one over power the other. Find ways to give bows an equally compelling mechanic that guns do not.

Someone mentioned earlier that the guns which high fantasy guns are based on are old. They take a long time to reload. They were often less accurate because of primitive ballistic technologies.

If guns experience their inherent benefits like no travel time with no tracers, then Bows should fire faster and tend to be more accurate then their medieval counterparts.
    Again, why do people try and argue this?

You are playing a game in which twelve-foot tall Bahmi run around teleporting behind Rogues who can teleport equally well, can run at the speed of light and rocket backwards through the power of will, followed by tanks wearing Chain armor that can absorb people shooting giant fireballs directly at their face.

Also, Elves. Dragons, Boglings. Porticulums, time travel...
    Give me a break.
    ~Quiescent

Quote Originally Posted by Cerium View Post

Are magic guns the same as the non-magical guns and the same goes with magic and non-magic bows. Are magic bows better than non-magic guns? While they're both different from each other either weapon commonly 1 hit kills things, yet our RIFT weapons don't do either. In addition, different bows and guns have different travel properties (arcs, range, etc), yet we're not seeing that applied. Citing real world commonalities or differences in a completely make-believe system has limited benefit and application.

If guns are going to have a travel advantage bows need to have an advantage unique to them, even if it's as small as the advantage guns provide.

I would love to see bows that are equal to guns in the game.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast