+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 241
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: Guns and Bows: Travel Time

  1. #31
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    211

    Default

    Just because it would be ridiculous, I would take the option of having my gun fire bullets that go as slowly as arrows.

    It would be like heat-seeking missiles and it would be awesome.

  2. #32
    Ascendant Zaros's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    7,411

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bolder View Post
    Then also make all spells have no travel time and reduce the cast time too.
    Because guns and bows are already like this within themselves, it won't change anything.
    Instant cast cinderbursts with no travel time will.
    ~Quiescent

  3. #33
    Champion of Telara Puandro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,248

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bolder View Post
    Then also make all spells have no travel time and reduce the cast time too.
    Your argument would be valid if there was a difference in travel time on spells between using a staff and a wand/totem.

    Why are people so dumb.
    Gnarlwood - Belladonna - P50 Rogue
    Seastone - Puandro - P24 Mage
    Im here for the PvE, not the unbalanced subpar PvP.
    Just Waiting...

  4. #34
    Ascendant Ianto Jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    6,018

    Default

    bow travel time is so bloody annoying, especially if vent hates you

    *shakefist* runic feedback *shakefist*

  5. #35
    Champion of Telara Puandro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,248

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ianto Jones View Post
    bow travel time is so bloody annoying, especially if vent hates you

    *shakefist* runic feedback *shakefist*
    Or when you are killing adds,

    "casting Shadow fire" .....1.....pew..... (mob dies to huge crit from ppl) *******!
    Gnarlwood - Belladonna - P50 Rogue
    Seastone - Puandro - P24 Mage
    Im here for the PvE, not the unbalanced subpar PvP.
    Just Waiting...

  6. #36
    Ascendant Zaros's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    7,411

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ianto Jones View Post
    bow travel time is so bloody annoying, especially if vent hates you

    *shakefist* runic feedback *shakefist*
    Oh god...Yeah..Travel time + RFS + vent lag
    ~Quiescent

  7. #37
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    211

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zaros View Post
    Oh god...Yeah..Travel time + RFS + vent lag
    Hahaha that makes sense why all the rogues in my guild other than me kept dying to Runic Feedback. They all have GSB/R8 bows and I was the only one with an HK gun for the longest time. I am a little embarrassed to admit it took me this long to realize that their arrows took a lot longer to land than my gun.

    Our remedy to this was to simply call a stop-dps a full 1-2 seconds before Runic Feedback; which is a good idea anyway.

  8. #38
    Plane Touched Gumdrop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    241

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nordain View Post
    Physics.


    10char.
    Fantasy.

    10char

  9. #39
    Prophet of Telara Raynald's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,136

    Default

    Are we even still having this convo? Guns > Bows any day of the week for so many reasons it's not even funny. I'm forced to run around in pvp with a shotgun because of it. Snores.
    60Rog/PR64 - Cleared - FT | EE
    1-button TOTALLY AFK Rogue and Cheerleader for Blitz!

  10. #40
    Rift Master Fudge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    608

    Default

    guns > bows in pvp because you cant trace back the shots to the "KILL ME NOW" rogue with the bow :P
    Infanta
    Hello Kitty
    60 rogue, mage, cleric and working on a worrior

  11. #41
    Champion Nordain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    579

    Default

    Waterjet should have no travel time.
    Last edited by Nordain; 12-11-2011 at 06:59 PM.

    My Livestream
    Mercenary @Mind Trick

    Wait, what?

  12. #42
    Champion Fudily's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    538

    Default

    I would be satisfied with just an increase in travel time. Since I can somehow shoot arrows with more force than my Elf who operates outside the boundaries of space and time can.

  13. #43
    Telaran
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    61

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zaros View Post
    Oh god...Yeah..Travel time + RFS + vent lag
    Can't count how many times I've killed myself with Runic Feedback + Rapid Fire Shot by RFS going off right before Runic Feedback but travel time -_-

  14. #44
    Ascendant Proclus_Lycaeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    2,460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Koe View Post
    Can't make bows instant because of the animation.


    I mean, you <i>could</i>, but that would look unbelievably stupid.


    And I don't want the animations to be gotten rid of. Guns are boring, but superior.

    Why not? It's "just a game anyway".

    A bullet travelling at 1400 feet per second would cover the 40 yard range in 0.085 seconds. An arrow travelling at 325 feet per second would cover the same 40 yards in 0.369 seconds. While the bullet would be "invisible", you'd be hard pressed to get more than 2 shots off in a minute with a .50 cal muzzle loader (what I'm assuming is used in a "fantasy game" ... not an M16), where as a bow, while the arrow is slower to travel, could easily get 12 to 15 arrows AIMED and launched in a minute (that's what a typical English Longbowmen in the 1300's) While a single bullet could kill, so could a single arrow. I'm not sure the difference on a dragon, but with a 6 to 1 advantage, I'm guessing the arrow may have it.

    But that is ballistics, and this is a game, that is why bows in Rift shoot slow and both bows and guns have horrible ranges and "reload" at the same speed.
    Retired from the forum community 12/19/2017

  15. #45
    RIFT Guide Writer Ninjahax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,219

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Machiko_Naguchi View Post
    Why not? It's "just a game anyway".

    A bullet travelling at 1400 feet per second would cover the 40 yard range in 0.085 seconds. An arrow travelling at 325 feet per second would cover the same 40 yards in 0.369 seconds. While the bullet would be "invisible", you'd be hard pressed to get more than 2 shots off in a minute with a .50 cal muzzle loader (what I'm assuming is used in a "fantasy game" ... not an M16), where as a bow, while the arrow is slower to travel, could easily get 12 to 15 arrows AIMED and launched in a minute (that's what a typical English Longbowmen in the 1300's) While a single bullet could kill, so could a single arrow. I'm not sure the difference on a dragon, but with a 6 to 1 advantage, I'm guessing the arrow may have it.

    But that is ballistics, and this is a game, that is why bows in Rift shoot slow and both bows and guns have horrible ranges and "reload" at the same speed.
    See? This is what you get when you bring logic into a video game. I hope you're happy, Nordain.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts