+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Looking for Good All-Around Rogue Guide

Rift Disciple Avriana Lightbreeze's Avatar

Default Looking for Good All-Around Rogue Guide

I'm looking for a good all-around rogue guide, similar to Delfy's cleric blog.

Specifially, I'm looking for information on gear, runes, planar essences and trinkets. If the site also has builds, macros, rotations, etc., that would be a bonus.

I'm getting this for a friend. I'm guessing, like cleric, rogues have some go-to sites that everyone knows about.

Thanks for your help!

http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...ml#post3229945

is your best bet I plan on updating it when/if I ever get rift guide maker status

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

Thank you for your reply! It looks great, and I'll pass it on, but it's not exactly what I was looking for.

I probably didn't explain very well. There are some basic questions my friend has about rogues that I'd like to find answers to. E.g.:

What stats should a dps rogue stack, and what is their priority? Has anyone come up with an equation (like there is for clerics) to convert the stats on an item (like attack power, crit, dex, str) into a single number score that can be used to compare items to see which is better?

What are the best runes for a dps rogue for each slot?

What is the gear progression for a new 50 dps rogue? Which pieces should she look for?

What are the best greater and lesser essences for a dps rogue? What about trinkets?

Thank you to anybody that can help! I'd be really surprised if there isn't a site out there that has this information.

Quote Originally Posted by Avriana Lightbreeze View Post
    Thank you for your reply! It looks great, and I'll pass it on, but it's not exactly what I was looking for.

I probably didn't explain very well. There are some basic questions my friend has about rogues that I'd like to find answers to. E.g.:

What stats should a dps rogue stack, and what is their priority? Has anyone come up with an equation (like there is for clerics) to convert the stats on an item (like attack power, crit, dex, str) into a single number score that can be used to compare items to see which is better?

What are the best runes for a dps rogue for each slot?

What is the gear progression for a new 50 dps rogue? Which pieces should she look for?

What are the best greater and lesser essences for a dps rogue? What about trinkets?

Thank you to anybody that can help! I'd be really surprised if there isn't a site out there that has this information.
    I don't think there is such a thing that you're looking for. It's probably because the answer is pretty easy.

Dex > crit > ap until you're at 1000 crit. Then ap > dex > crit.

For your weapon - use the highest dps possible on your mainhand, on your offhand only worry about stats.

There's some fluctuation amongst builds, but what I said is almost always true.
    I rite a gooded guide for rouges.

NB-Sin Guide - http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...-sin-spec.html

Ok, that's a good start, but it seems a little over-simplified.

For instance, where's strength come in? Each point of strength = 1 attack power and 0.4 crit. (Each point of dexterity = 0.5 crit). So it seems rogues would want to stack strength as well as dexterity.

Also, it's still difficult to judge between different items with different stats without some kind of weighting or equation to go by. What ratio of crit to attack power is ideal?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Avriana Lightbreeze View Post
    Ok, that's a good start, but it seems a little over-simplified.

For instance, where's strength come in? Each point of strength = 1 attack power and 0.4 crit. (Each point of dexterity = 0.5 crit). So it seems rogues would want to stack strength as well as dexterity.

Also, it's still difficult to judge between different items with different stats without some kind of weighting or equation to go by. What ratio of crit to attack power is ideal?

Thanks!
    Strength = .5 AP
    Dex = .5 AP AND 1 crit

You want more AP heavy items than crit heavy items unless you play sab. Crit soft caps out at 1087.

http://riftupgrade.mathijs.info/roguedps/
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...Pjn98kF#gid=14

Those are both good ways to see which items to go for. I will update my guide soon now that akylios is dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

Whoah! Okay, now I'm really confused! On the RIFT wiki, I got the following:

1 Dexterity = 0.5 crit

1 Strength = 1 attack power, 0.4 crit

Is it different for rogues, or is the wiki wrong? ???

Ah, I checked in game and see that it is, indeed, different for rogues.

Now that I have those values, I can come up with my own equation. Thanks for the help everyone!

+ Reply to Thread