+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: PA weapon mastery bug

Default PA weapon mastery bug

I read somewhere that switching weapons or something was causing these to bug out and for players to not be receiving the bonus from their PA. Can someone give me more information about this?

Do I need to log out, switch weapons, or switch roles to make sure that this bug doesn't affect me?

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

Koe

Quote Originally Posted by Zyzyx View Post
    I read somewhere that switching weapons or something was causing these to bug out and for players to not be receiving the bonus from their PA. Can someone give me more information about this?

Do I need to log out, switch weapons, or switch roles to make sure that this bug doesn't affect me?
    The only bug is when switching from a different DPS weapons, and can cause higher or lower values.

The PA rumor was based on the above glitch. You don't lose your PA. It's been in the game a long, long time.
    Free music! It's legal!
    DISCLAIMER: Some songs may have been taken down.

Quote Originally Posted by Koe View Post
    The only bug is when switching from a different DPS weapons, and can cause higher or lower values.

The PA rumor was based on the above glitch. You don't lose your PA. It's been in the game a long, long time.
    So if I switch my savage beastcarver with my molten brand the bug occurs?

How do I fix it?

So if I switch my savage beastcarver with my molten brand the bug occurs?

How do I fix it?
    Dont switch weapons in combat
    unequip->reequip.

(Gear)

Rathi@Gelidra <Invictus>
    IRotP: Conqueror | NM TD: 4/4

Quote Originally Posted by Rizz View Post
    Thanks for reminding me that warriors get twice the bonus damage from PA's than we do. (bonus ap from ranged too!)

Notice: His damage goes up when he puts points in both axe AND 2h weapon masteries.
    Last edited by Zyzyx; 12-10-2011 at 01:59 PM.

Thanks for reminding me that warriors get twice the bonus damage from PA's than we do. (bonus ap from ranged too!)

Notice: His damage goes up when he puts points in both axe AND 2h weapon masteries.
    lol@random warrior hate comment.

RIFT Fan Site Operator Dunharrow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nam19771 View Post
    lol@random warrior hate comment.
    Yeah, pointing out inconsistencies in design which put Rogues at a disadvantage is totally a "warrior hate comment."

IMO the fix for this would be to let the +dps for your offhand weapon count, like a whetstone. The problem right now is that there is no point in upgrading the DPS of your offhand because almost nothing calculates off of it.
    Hastati (50 warrior), Tsar (50 cleric), Tsaritsa (50 Mage)
    Guides: 51 Bladedancer, Bloodstalker, Nightblade
    DPS Rogue <Trinity>
    5/8 ID; HK Conqueror

Koe

Quote Originally Posted by Dunharrow View Post
    Yeah, pointing out inconsistencies in design which put Rogues at a disadvantage is totally a "warrior hate comment."
    Honestly, one of the biggest problems is OH meaning absolutely nothing except for around 4 attacks.

Quick Strike, PRecision Strike, Twin Strike, Rift Disturbance.

Most builds you could literally only use 1 weapon and still do competitive DPS compared to 2.
    Free music! It's legal!

Telaran

The fact that warriors get practically nothing from anything but weapon dps and crit doesn't matter? Dps on a dummy with full gear and naked with same weapon only drops a few hundred. They have by far the worst stat scaling in the game. Weapon dps is the only upgrade that matters, because warriors have disgustingly broken multiplier talents, and are pigeonholed into one build by it. Just wanted to play devil's advocate, think about the other side. And a lot of warriors would like to dual wield, and suffer from the same issues of the offhand not counting for anything.

Koe

Quote Originally Posted by Vedorial View Post
    The fact that warriors get practically nothing from anything but weapon dps and crit doesn't matter? Dps on a dummy with full gear and naked with same weapon only drops a few hundred. They have by far the worst stat scaling in the game. Weapon dps is the only upgrade that matters, because warriors have disgustingly broken multiplier talents, and are pigeonholed into one build by it. Just wanted to play devil's advocate, think about the other side. And a lot of warriors would like to dual wield, and suffer from the same issues of the offhand not counting for anything.
    Uh, Rogues scale like **** too.

Better than warriors, but still ****.
    Free music! It's legal!

Quote Originally Posted by Vedorial View Post
    Just because warriors don't scale well is no reason to give them an unfair advantage in an aspect of the game.

Oh and they get AP from ranged weapons while in melee.

Warriors should not be able to double dip. Rogues need to get ap bonus from ranged weapon masteries in melee and vice versa. Then this will be balanced.
    Last edited by Zyzyx; 12-10-2011 at 08:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gyle View Post
    IMO the fix for this would be to let the +dps for your offhand weapon count, like a whetstone. The problem right now is that there is no point in upgrading the DPS of your offhand because almost nothing calculates off of it.
    Yeah, that would be great.

(01:09:04) Boss Practice Dummy: 179 Adnoz-Serrated Blades-212 | Adnoz--179
    49dps mh, 2.2dps OH, auto attacks with serrated blades

(46:08) Boss Practice Dummy: 244 Adnoz-Serrated Blades-212 | Adnoz--244
    49dps mh, 44.7 dps oh, auto attacks with serrated blades

We all already knew this, but there are the numbers, 42.5 weapon DPS in your offhand gives you 65DPS. wowowowowowowowow.

(Gear)

Hi Ailion,

I was just wondering what your views were on the subject of rogue offhand contribution, as my current post on the subject is somewhat sensationalized allow me to make a more formal breakdown of the issue to bring this matter to your attention.

Description

Currently the rogue offhand weapon dps value does not have any meaningful contribution towards the overall dps of a rogue. This user would like to see this weapon dps value have a greater contribution towards some ability damage calculations or some form of AP conversion when said item is equipped in offhand slot.

Current Contributions Of Rogue Offhand
    • Enabler for certain moves in the blade-dancer tree

Without an offhand certain attacks in the Bladedancer tree cannot be performed, namely Quick Strike, Twin Strike and Precision Strike. However these are the only 3 skills across 9 souls which require it.

• Increased auto-attacks and procs from using only 1x mainhand only as compared to 1x mainhand and 1x offhand

Number of autoattacks are doubled if weapons have similar attack speeds

• Stat-stick or a stat bonus giver

The weapons' stats bonuses are applied to the character.

• Certain skills use a combination of both weapon and offhand dps values

Only applies to the skill Dancing Steel from the tooltip.

Class Comparisons
    • Abilities: Warriors - Paragon

Currently Paragon warriors benefit from their offhand weapon in the form of their abilities. Abilities such as Path Of the Raptor, Path of the Hurricane, Path Of the Tempest, Reaping Harvest and Flurry all use both weapon dps values in calculating the weapon damage. Also, most of these abilities are Attack Point builders on short cooldowns or Finishers. Compared with a rogue, the only skill which benefits from offhand weapon dps values is Dancing Steel, which is a 2m cooldown AOE and does not generate any Combo Points. Thus offhand contribution is much more meaningful for Paragon warriors since their offhand contributes to such a wide selection of skills which help to build AP and deploy finishers.

• Offhand Stat-Sticks: Clerics and Mages

Since Clerics and Mages rely on Spellpower and not their weapon dps values in the calculation of their spell damage most of their gear itemization have properly scaled values of Spellpower. What this means is the contribution of a Cleric/Mage's Offhand to overall dps is identical to their mainhand. To elucidate this point lets have a simple example between a mage and a rogue both with 2 relics gsb/ros mainhands and offhands:
      • Mage: Amunet's Shimmering SparkBlade and Darkling Skull Total SP: 288 + 287 = 575 SP = 115DPS

• Rogue: Fang of the Lifelord and Weeping Edge = 37.8 + 37.8 = 37.8 DPS

Thus the mages/clerics benefit much more than rogues do from their mainhands.

*Do note this example is to highlight the contribution of offhands and not the difference in DPS values.

Implications
    • Gear Scaling and Ineffective Soul Changes

As warriors 2h get 120%-140% improved weapon damage and mages/clerics get higher SP pieces, rogues will end up lagging behind again. Which will force you to compensate by make up this difference by buffing Soul abilities again using superficial flat +20% damage boosts which fail to address the fundamentally low base damage of the rogue. This is especially apparent in fights like Sicarion, where warriors benefit greatly from the damage buff since their base is much higher and rely on less superficial damage boosts.

• Expensive Itemization for Little Benefit

Rogues who invest in 2 similarly tiered weapons for their mainhand and offhand do not receive equal benefit as Paragons/Mages/Clerics do.

Possible Suggestions
    • Have more CP builder and Finisher abilities use both weapons in calculating damage
    • Use 50% of Offhand weapon DPS in calculating weapon damage
    • Create an offhand dps to AP conversion eg. 37.8 dps offhand contributes 378 AP.
    • Increase AP on all 1h Weapons to counteract weapon dps loss.

Conclusion

I believe that the deep woes of the class derive solely from the problems of how gear scales for rogues in comparison to other classes.

Future Issues

In the near future I would like to talk about the contribution of the Ranged Weapon slot to Rogue DPS as well. In my honest opinion Rogues have probably the weakest itemization in weapons as compared to the other classes. Since Rogues have to rely on 2 different sets of weapons to be viable in their ranged and melee specs whilst Warriors, Clerics and Mages only rely on their mainhand weapons.

P.S.
    I never got a reply, I feel sad.
    Last edited by Nnnxia; 12-10-2011 at 09:47 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast