+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Planar Reversal

  1. #1
    Ascendant Adnoz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,882

    Default Planar Reversal

    Please let us toggle this while in stealth.

    (Gear)

  2. #2
    RIFT Guide Writer Gyle's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    2,009

    Default

    Makes sense, you can switch phase in stealth right? I haven't run a stealthed RS in a while but if i remember right you could.

    *Edit* At least, not one where im ever stealthed for very long
    Last edited by Gyle; 12-10-2011 at 12:46 AM.
    Hastati (50 warrior), Tsar (50 cleric), Tsaritsa (50 Mage)
    Guides: 51 Bladedancer, Bloodstalker, Nightblade
    DPS Rogue <Trinity>
    5/8 ID; HK Conqueror

  3. #3
    RIFT Fan Site Operator Dunharrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,665

    Default

    Planar Reversal is useless. Leave it off 100%. With it off, you can hit them from any side or the back by facing your character appropriately.

  4. #4
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    220

    Default

    Heck no, Planar Reversal is awesome on Garau.

    Never eat a beam again!

    Love it!

    BEST CHANGE EVER!

  5. #5
    Ascendant Adnoz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,882

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dunharrow View Post
    Planar Reversal is useless. Leave it off 100%. With it off, you can hit them from any side or the back by facing your character appropriately.
    Well thats just like, your opinion, man.

    PR is good, I spend 90% of my time on matron trying to figure out if im at her back or not. Just annoying that it breaks stealth.

    (Gear)

  6. #6
    Ascendant Taemek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    2,650

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Taraern View Post
    Heck no, Planar Reversal is awesome on Garau.

    Never eat a beam again!

    Love it!

    BEST CHANGE EVER!
    Huh? It always teleported you behind him before this skill was added....

    The issue was, it never always ported you directly behind the target and sometimes, you would be slightly off center (due to ground terrian) and eat the beam, I see no change with this option and it will likely still happen.
    Last edited by Taemek; 12-10-2011 at 02:52 AM.

  7. #7
    Koe
    Koe is offline
    Ascendant Koe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,198

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Taemek View Post
    Huh? It always teleported you behind him before this skill was added....

    The issue was, it never always ported you directly behind the target and sometimes, you would be slightly off center (due to ground terrian) and eat the beam, I see no change with this option and it will likely still happen.
    Shadow Blitz teleported you to the target.
    Free music! It's legal!
    DISCLAIMER: Some songs may have been taken down.

  8. #8
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    220

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Koe View Post
    Shadow Blitz teleported you to the target.
    This ^

    Lazy and have blinks macroed.

    Makes life easy knowing I will 100% be behind the boss and not jump towards him and get roflstomped by the beam.

  9. #9
    RIFT Fan Site Operator Dunharrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,665

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Taraern View Post
    This ^

    Lazy and have blinks macroed.

    Makes life easy knowing I will 100% be behind the boss and not jump towards him and get roflstomped by the beam.
    I dont think people understand how blinks work. If you face away from the boss, you will teleport behind him. Its faster and easier to face away from the boss than it is to toggle planar reversal.

  10. #10
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    220

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dunharrow View Post
    I dont think people understand how blinks work. If you face away from the boss, you will teleport behind him. Its faster and easier to face away from the boss than it is to toggle planar reversal.
    I toggle Planar Reversal before the pull since I know I need to always be behind said boss..

    Do the fight as normal..

    You spend time facing away and then blinking..

    Sure sounds "faster and easier.."

  11. #11
    Ascendant Taemek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    2,650

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dunharrow View Post
    I dont think people understand how blinks work. If you face away from the boss, you will teleport behind him. Its faster and easier to face away from the boss than it is to toggle planar reversal.
    ^ This.......

  12. #12
    RIFT Fan Site Operator Dunharrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,665

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Taraern View Post
    I toggle Planar Reversal before the pull since I know I need to always be behind said boss..

    Do the fight as normal..

    You spend time facing away and then blinking..

    Sure sounds "faster and easier.."
    Planar Reversal gets you in trouble, because it parks you right up the boss's arse. This is bad on: Sicaron (gets you hit by moldering), Matron (gets tanks hit by ground AOE), Grug (tail swipe), Darktide-melee (can put you in a blue circle of doom).

    Its almost always better to control your character more directly, and thats what you do if you have PR toggled off.

  13. #13
    Koe
    Koe is offline
    Ascendant Koe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,198

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dunharrow View Post
    Planar Reversal gets you in trouble, because it parks you right up the boss's arse. This is bad on: Sicaron (gets you hit by moldering), Matron (gets tanks hit by ground AOE), Grug (tail swipe), Darktide-melee (can put you in a blue circle of doom).

    Its almost always better to control your character more directly, and thats what you do if you have PR toggled off.
    Only fight I ever have PR toggle on, ever, is Garau.

    That's what I liked about the patch.


    Surprisingly, even with the immunity Asstalker does good on grug. 1 annihilate per ground phase(build 5 CPs while he's underground), 2 impales. Timers almost come out perfect.
    Free music! It's legal!
    DISCLAIMER: Some songs may have been taken down.

  14. #14
    RIFT Fan Site Operator Dunharrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,665

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Koe View Post
    Only fight I ever have PR toggle on, ever, is Garau.

    That's what I liked about the patch.


    Surprisingly, even with the immunity Asstalker does good on grug. 1 annihilate per ground phase(build 5 CPs while he's underground), 2 impales. Timers almost come out perfect.
    I'm the guy people stack on for kite phase and I also am responsible for trying to roll bug buffs so I literally can't possibly try this, but it sounds fun. Some day.

  15. #15
    Koe
    Koe is offline
    Ascendant Koe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,198

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dunharrow View Post
    I'm the guy people stack on for kite phase and I also am responsible for trying to roll bug buffs so I literally can't possibly try this, but it sounds fun. Some day.
    I laugh at the people talking about, "but it's dangerous to be behind him!"


    The middle leg which most people stack on is technically "behind" grug.
    Free music! It's legal!
    DISCLAIMER: Some songs may have been taken down.

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts