+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Am0n

Thread: Anyway to beat MMs as Assassin?

Default Anyway to beat MMs as Assassin?

I try, but they just run off. I tried adding marksman but that didn't work either. Any tips? I really like Assassin, and I don't wanna go NB/RS just to have a slightly higher chance when in fact they can just shoot you in the face when your in melee anyway.
    Naetharion-Warrior of Wolfsbane
    "Basically when you're a Warrior you just look at everybody like they're a piece of Sh*t."-Gearbreaker
    Lambpasta-Mage of Wolfsbane
    "Go Squirrel Crazy!"

Quote Originally Posted by Naethir View Post
    I try, but they just run off. I tried adding marksman but that didn't work either. Any tips? I really like Assassin, and I don't wanna go NB/RS just to have a slightly higher chance when in fact they can just shoot you in the face when your in melee anyway.
    jagged>foul play>puncture>impale>slip>assassinate>backstab>sav age strike>final blow.
    Last edited by Am0n; 12-09-2011 at 03:00 PM.
    "You lost me at Balance"

Quote Originally Posted by Am0n View Post
    jagged>foul play>puncture>impale>slip>assassinate>backstab>sav age strike>final blow.
    You don't even need the Slip Away there. Your bleeds will take him down just fine. If the guy managed to get away, just use your teleports to catch up (since you're playing a Sin/RS hybrid anyway, right...?) and finish him off.
    - Kaboomium <The Unnamed> -

Quote Originally Posted by Cinerus View Post
    You don't even need the Slip Away there. Your bleeds will take him down just fine. If the guy managed to get away, just use your teleports to catch up (since you're playing a Sin/RS hybrid anyway, right...?) and finish him off.
    Some of the smarter MMs are playing in Guardian Phase when they expect a sin to open on them anymore.
    "You lost me at Balance"

I am (was) a Sin/NB for the increase Combo point generating attack damage and 15% increased finisher damage. :/
    "Basically when you're a Warrior you just look at everybody like they're a piece of Sh*t."-Gearbreaker
    "Go Squirrel Crazy!"

Some of the smarter MMs are playing in Guardian Phase when they expect a sin to open on them anymore.
    And that changes things how? They'll still die. Bleeds ignore armor, they'll have reduced damage and they won't be healed to max health when switching to Guardian Phase. It's only a good thing for you, them having 30% less damage.

And that changes things how? They'll still die. Bleeds ignore armor, they'll have reduced damage and they won't be healed to max health when switching to Guardian Phase. It's only a good thing for you, them having 30% less damage.
    Are we talking Warfront or world? In OW an MM is going to have Guard up, and most likely a mirror, bleeds proc the mirror. You wont kill them in one rotation unless you are picking on fresh 50s
    "You lost me at Balance"

Are we talking Warfront or world? In OW an MM is going to have Guard up, and most likely a mirror, bleeds proc the mirror. You wont kill them in one rotation unless you are picking on fresh 50s
    In open world, people don't play MM/RS. Not on my server anyway. Besides, you'll still **** them with any good Sin hybrid spec (gogo Fel Blades). If you die as an Assassin after getting the opener vs a Marksman, you're doing something wrong.
    Last edited by Cinerus; 12-09-2011 at 03:18 PM.

Talking about WF for now.
    "Go Squirrel Crazy!"

In open world, people don't play MM/RS. Not on my server anyway. Besides, you'll still **** them with any good Sin hybrid spec (gogo Fel Blades). If you die as an Assassin after getting the opener vs a Marksman, you're doing something wrong.
    Fell blades doesnt do anything to item procs. Decent MM's are rare so I wouldn't doubt not seeing many.
    "You lost me at Balance"

Quote Originally Posted by Naethir View Post
    Talking about WF for now.
    Then bleed, MM for the most part is the softest rogue.
    "You lost me at Balance"

Then bleed, MM for the most part is the softest rogue.
    Thanks. I am really trying to be good with Assassin, but its difficult. :/
    "Go Squirrel Crazy!"

Use a snare.
    I rite a gooded guide for rouges.

NB-Sin Guide - http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...-sin-spec.html

Quote Originally Posted by Mayi View Post
    Use a snare.
    Thats the Obvious answer, however On The Double breaks Snares.
    "Go Squirrel Crazy!"

Rift Disciple

In 51sin/15mm I'd just open on mm w/ paralyzing strike... by the time he'd break free he was normally bleeding too much to put any hurt on me. Plus it's always fun to let them think they got away and fire off a rapid fire shot.

+ Reply to Thread