+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Man, these rogue forums look dead

Ascendant

Default Man, these rogue forums look dead

Is it because we've given feedback and posted #'s/concerns only to have nothing listened to?

Coinciding with that, is it because SWTOR is about to come out?

Or no one is really bothering/caring anymore?

Do we still have someone who tests builds (after changes occur) that is still active on the forums? Dunsparrow? Just want to know who is still around to post new guides/builds.

Probably best not to.

We get no communication from the Rogue lead, not even a hey what's up!

and as soon as a spec that comes close to other callings DPS it gets nerfed.
    "You lost me at Balance"

Telaran

All of the above?

Considering DPS is more of a
    Mage > War > Cleric > Rogue for ST,
    Mage > War > Cleric > Rogue for AOE and tanking is
    War > Cleric = Rogue > Mage, why have any rogues at all?

Not a single unique ability that matters other than bard.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleos View Post
    All of the above?

Considering DPS is more of a
    Mage > War > Cleric > Rogue for ST,
    Mage > War > Cleric > Rogue for AOE and tanking is
    War > Cleric = Rogue > Mage, why have any rogues at all?

Not a single unique ability that matters other than bard.
    Rogues are still better than Clerics ST, dont kid urself there.
    The rest is pretty accurate. War and Cleric tanks now also both have more aggro than us, even though we all thought our planar vortex aggro was insane enough.
    (_(_)_) -Gambiit- (_(_)_)
    always watching

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Knightcrawler View Post
    Rogues are still better than Clerics ST, dont kid urself there.
    The rest is pretty accurate. War and Cleric tanks now also both have more aggro than us, even though we all thought our planar vortex aggro was insane enough.
    I have to disagree on Cleric tanks they do not hold aggro near as well as we do. They struggle with the aoe aggro where I do not even blink and eye as a rogue tank and I am no expert tank.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by DTM300 View Post
    Is it because we've given feedback and posted #'s/concerns only to have nothing listened to?

Coinciding with that, is it because SWTOR is about to come out?

Or no one is really bothering/caring anymore?

Do we still have someone who tests builds (after changes occur) that is still active on the forums? Dunsparrow? Just want to know who is still around to post new guides/builds.
    All of the above IMO

Quote Originally Posted by hejtmane View Post
    I have to disagree on Cleric tanks they do not hold aggro near as well as we do. They struggle with the aoe aggro where I do not even blink and eye as a rogue tank and I am no expert tank.
    Cleric tanks had an aggro change bud. They now pull aggro with overhealing. A few DoL's from 30m away could pull just about any mob. They now out threat rogues, and are very close with warriors but with a 30m range on it.
    (_(_)_) -Gambiit- (_(_)_)
    always watching

We have a very demotivated community right now.
    Hastati (50 warrior), Tsar (50 cleric), Tsaritsa (50 Mage)
    Guides: 51 Bladedancer, Bloodstalker, Nightblade
    DPS Rogue <Trinity>
    5/8 ID; HK Conqueror

Quote Originally Posted by Gyle View Post
    We have a very demotivated community right now.
    Sad pandas
    "You lost me at Balance"

RIFT Guide Writer

If we post information, tips or guides that result in something positive then we get nerfed because it is deemed a bug or overpowered.
    If we post feedback then it seems to be mostly ignored. Only dev responses we get are to topics that don't need them and have already been answered while the important ones get nothing.
    Meanwhile there is not a single raid encounter where a perfectly played rogue with best in slot gear could hope to do top dps if there are competent warriors and mages in the raid.

So I guess Trion's actions have answered loudly what the status of rogues should be and there's not much to talk about.

I really don't understand the more aggro thing, do you guys actually care that you don't generate as much aggro?

All the classes generate an insane amount of aggro, way more then they need to actually hold threat. There are maybe 1 or 2 fights where that could cause a problem, say add management on akylios.

However all it involves is the tanks talking amongst themselves and, for example, getting the war tank not to use sweeping strikes when you're holding aggro on mobs right around him.

As long as all the tanks have enough threat to hold aggro from the dps what exactly is all the fuss about?
    "If the young are not initiated into the Village, they will burn it down just to feel it's warmth"

nothing worth saying on the forums anymore...
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

how long can you keep hoping things will get better before you just accept that they wont? there was a rogue dps update, all that came out of it was nerfs and rogues were still not very good dps. then there was finally riftstalker improvements to bring them close to what a warrior tank was, joy! then you find out warrior tanks are getting a massive buff to beyond obscene margines that makes you question what the **** is going on over there at trion (compare hp to a warrior and a rogue tank, then compare endurance rating for example.)

to sum it up, everyone is jaded.

There's really nothing else left to post, all of our specs have been figured out and cataloged, all of our game crushing flaws have been thoroughly detailed and ignored, and I think most of us are all well aware that not much will change with the class for some months now.

(Gear)

Back to our primary role as subscription paying free kills - i guess rogues feel there is no use trying for our role anymore - we just get ignored and treated like B class customers - Note to Trion "Demoralised customers dont hang around very long"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast