+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Man, these rogue forums look dead

Quote Originally Posted by Almornik View Post
    cleared all but alycos as rogue dps and am happy with 1-4 in dps since T2...
    *blah bad warrior dps blah*
    i am happy an optimise like hell since tankin sunwell as feral...
    heall yeah! gimme chellenge! dont like op classes
    no pain no gain!
    You're only 1-4 in DPS because the warriors and mages in your guild don't know how to dps effectively.

(Gear)

Champion of Telara

Havent posted in the rogue forums for a month >_>.

So much crying really, sure we arent top dogs on the parses but the fact remains.

The choices of specs are much wider than they were they just need a slight dps boost.

Right now there are a few things that are wrong with the rogue class.

1)Magnify Pain is still there forcing 17 Assassin into anything apart from 51MM with STM countering it a bit.

Needs to go, needs to have disappeared and implemented as a passive ability to the rogues 1 week after launch, have been crying about it since then.

2)Specs that arent 38MM or 18 BD are energy starved and because people generally use Sin blinkie spec and Nightblade lets mention the energy starvation on those two, anyone saying "But fervor and tablet is fine!", no its not fine and you know it, it feels fine when you are avoiding **** and trying to keep your bleeds up, but its not fine.

3)DPS wise the issues are simple and the main crying is from.

WARRIOR AND MAGE DO 4.5-4.8K, I DO 4-4.3kBARELY IF I TRY REALLY HARD AND WITH LUCK.

Simple answer is that we need a pure ~12% DPS boost on melee specs, and by pure i mean, take the 4.2-4.3k theorycrafting DPS we can do with sinstalker, give it 400 DPS so its up with warriors and mages, and adapt the other melee specs around it.

MM specs got so heavily nerfed that they need a 30% DPS boost but that can be scrapped if they just remove the "Standing still" mechanic, lack of DPS with insane mobility, aka run around and pull 3.6k faceroll wise.

Ranger spec needs to die and get reworked or removed, so useless its not even funny.

Saboteur spec is the same, the gimp Sabdancer was used enough but it was still a gimp, needs a serious rework to be less boring.

Small suggestion here: 1 type of charge, many different finishers causing different effects in the form of bombs instead of detonate as example.

5 Charges-->Chemical Bomb finisher-->Shrapnel charge wannabe.

5 Charges-->Fragmentation bomb finisher-->Spike charge wannabe

5 Charges-->Annihilation bomb finisher-->Blast charge wannabe (ignore armor type pretty much)

5 charges-->Insert bomb idea finisher-->Insert ability that you want wannabe.

I gave up and stopped caring about what spec does what since a month ago, just waiting for 1.7 and the changes to check stuff again since its pointless right now, too busy wiping on Akylios and his phase 4!
    Last edited by potis; 12-09-2011 at 06:53 PM.

Rift Master

Delete me 10 char
    Last edited by Petgroup; 12-09-2011 at 07:10 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyle View Post
    A rogue can top the parse on every boss in HK if they use the right spec, and it's been that way for months.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Petgroup View Post
    Dele me 10 char
    Considering i did get to read what you said before you edited it.

It doesnt matter what other classes parse, bug or not, my post is simple.

Rogue has serious fundamental problems and always did, those are:

1)Magnify Pain, needs to disappear and added by default to stop XX/17Sin specs for good, any spec without it is **** and horrible, apart from 51 MM since STM counters it slightly but not completely.

2)Energy regen got a small boost and helped a lot, but without fervor and a tablet and verse of joy from a 4 piece HK bard, you are energy starved on any spec without Controlled Fire or Combat Efficiency, i havent really tested myself since i cant be bothered but i am pretty sure i am correct still if i am wrong all the Asstalkers, 49nb/17sin can correct me, last time i checked it requires a table..Requiring a tablet = something is wrong.

3)Useless specs because they dont scale, aka Ranger the worst spec in the game, and Saboteur, sabdancer hid how bad the spec really was and is, so noone mentioned it all summer.
    Last edited by potis; 12-09-2011 at 07:14 PM.

Prophet of Telara

It's not just the Rogue forums. A lot of the boards have slowed down considerably.

Trion took all their 1.3-1.5 balancing hard work and threw it out the window with 1.6. That combined with SWTOR coming out this month has really caused a lot of people to cancel imo.

Encounters of top dps

Warrior: 5
    Rogue: 2
    Mages: 4
    Clerics: 0

Times in the top 10

Warrior: 34
    Rogue: 34
    Mages: 32

Times in the top 25

Warrior: 82
    Rogue: 88
    Mages: 69
    Clerics: 11

vs.

Encounters of top dps

Warrior: 4
    Rogue: 0
    Mages: 7

Times in the top 10

Warrior: 32
    Rogue: 2
    Mages: 63
    Clerics: 3

Times in the top 25

Warrior: 87
    Rogue: 28
    Mages: 123
    Clerics: 12

You can tell that they put alot of time into class balance as they actually had the game pretty close to balanced in 1.5. All they really needed to do was fix clerics, slightly up mage st(by 100 or so), and slightly up Rogue AoE. 1.6 killed all that hard work and brought the game back to square one(class balance wise).
    Last edited by Poochymama; 12-09-2011 at 08:29 PM.
    And the answer to this ridiculous balance pendulum was always "just purge them!" - Rizaz

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrnitty View Post
    Yeah Cuz stealth isn't a game changer......
    Yeah Cuz stealth matters in PvE
    And the answer to this ridiculous balance pendulum was always "just purge them!" - Rizaz

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post

1)Magnify Pain is still there forcing 17 Assassin into anything apart from 51MM with STM countering it a bit.

Needs to go, needs to have disappeared and implemented as a passive ability to the rogues 1 week after launch, have been crying about it since then.
    I don't think the answer is to get rid of magnify pain. I think the answer is to put a crit buff in bladedancer... maybe ranger. Relatively high up in the trees.

I know clerics have 3 bonus damage on crit talents, it's not crazy to add another. Ranger needs something - souls sucks yea, so add one there. Trick shot needs to hit 8 targets, and the pet needs a dps boost. Giving one to bladedancer would make 51 bladedancer just as good as Sin-RS.

Either way - getting rid of larger crits entirely for rogues doesn't seem like it'd be the way to go.
    Last edited by Mayi; 12-09-2011 at 09:21 PM.
    I rite a gooded guide for rouges.

NB-Sin Guide - http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...-sin-spec.html

Also clerics and warriors get nerfed in pvp for being OP. Devs realize rogues are terrible in pvp. They buff rogues. Warriors/clerics complain so they nerf rogues. Then buff the other 3 callings. :WTC:

We are back to square 1 maybe worse. Sure an awesome rogue like me can dominate a WF still ,but think of the common rogue!
    Last edited by Zyzyx; 12-09-2011 at 09:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyzyx View Post
    Also clerics and warriors get nerfed in pvp for being OP. Devs realize rogues are terrible in pvp. They buff rogues. Warriors/clerics complain so they nerf rogues. Then buff the other 3 callings. :WTC:

We are back to square 1 maybe worse. Sure an awesome rogue like me can dominate a WF still ,but think of the common rogue!
    Good point, maybe they should triple fanout damage.
    "If the young are not initiated into the Village, they will burn it down just to feel it's warmth"

Quote Originally Posted by Zaiana View Post
    Good point, maybe they should triple fanout damage.
    More likely they would allow EM propogation on all fan out targets. This was how it was on pts before 1.5 came out. No idea why they nerfed it to be below everyone elses AoE damage.
    Last edited by Zyzyx; 12-09-2011 at 10:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Aleos View Post
    My hope died when I saw our crystals... and then the Pyro/Champ crystals.
    Then you definitely don't want to look at the Warlock crystal: +30% crit damage for the class that already has the highest crit damage.

Quote Originally Posted by DTM300 View Post
    Is it because we've given feedback and posted #'s/concerns only to have nothing listened to?
    This + we are sick to death of beating the drum and just waiting for the next slice of heaven to be released =

Quote Originally Posted by DTM300 View Post
    no one is really bothering/caring anymore
    Last edited by Taemek; 12-09-2011 at 11:30 PM.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Mayi View Post
    I don't think the answer is to get rid of magnify pain. I think the answer is to put a crit buff in bladedancer... maybe ranger. Relatively high up in the trees.

I know clerics have 3 bonus damage on crit talents, it's not crazy to add another. Ranger needs something - souls sucks yea, so add one there. Trick shot needs to hit 8 targets, and the pet needs a dps boost. Giving one to bladedancer would make 51 bladedancer just as good as Sin-RS.

Either way - getting rid of larger crits entirely for rogues doesn't seem like it'd be the way to go.
    I never said remove it.

I said give it passively to Rogues and remove it so we wont have to go 17 in Assassin on every spec.

Plane Walker

There is no reason to play Rogue.

There is no reason to get more then 3 Rogues in Raid

(1 Bard 2 Range Inteurpters)

Quote Originally Posted by Zyzyx View Post
    More likely they would allow EM propogation on all fan out targets. This was how it was on pts before 1.5 came out. No idea why they nerfed it to be below everyone elses AoE damage.
    probably because it's spammable at a 35 metre range with no way to interrupt, silence, or disarm it

maybe they should buff / rework crossfire instead because it sucks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast