+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: PVE - Deadeye vs. Hasted

Telaran

Default PVE - Deadeye vs. Hasted

At what point do you replace Deadeye?

Ascendant

I have not used Deadeye shot in awhile, but at least in my tests against the dummy simulating low AP/crit and mid tier AP/crit (rank 8 mixed with T1 Raid gear) and Living Energy as the only external buff. I found them to be somewhat close to each other. Obviously, I prefer to use Hasted due it being instant and being more mobile. I am curious to see how the two compare at the high end (HK relics) however.

Edit: I only use Deadeye Shot when I do not have Living Energy/Fervor, but that's running a random dungeon which does not matter much these days.
    Last edited by Adastra; 12-09-2011 at 07:16 AM.

Banned

Since dead eye gets a bonus to crit I usually use dead eye if I can stand still and hasted if I need to move or in cases where I know I will need to move in the near future (to get the run buff). As far as I've noticed deadeye is an increase in DPS over hasted, but hasted provides the utility so it becomes more of a situational thing.

RFS every time it's up though.

deadeye parses for me about 50-120 dps more (depending on hk encounter) (4hk pc)

If your deadeye crits consistantly it is better, if it doesn't crit it is worse dps.

In a 20 man raid you will get about 15% increase to critical on average so with its critical bonuses it is a good bet.

Would require quite a bit of testing with critical rates to find out what the difference is.

RNG can make it go either way.

Sword of Telara

The next tier of gear will probably bump AP levels high enough that Hasted/Head Shot will out-DPS Dead Eye consistently.

I only use hasted in mobile situations where rapid fire shot is on cooldown.

I just got my 4 piece bonus last night and have only had a couple encounters so far to test everything out.
    <Coriolis>
    Archemys

Quote Originally Posted by Pink Freud View Post
    The next tier of gear will probably bump AP levels high enough that Hasted/Head Shot will out-DPS Dead Eye consistently.
    Doesn't need the next tier. Hasted already consistently outdpses Deadeye for me.

I'd make the switch when you hit 4 piece HK. I wouldn't play MM if I had to use Deadeye shot, it's annoying to use a 1.5 second cast time finisher every rotation.

Raid buffed I'm at around 1450ap, plus have the golem inductor.

Here's the gear I'm using:

http://riftupgrades.com/roguedps/?lo...a99589da16e917
    Last edited by Mayi; 12-09-2011 at 08:44 AM.
    I rite a gooded guide for rouges.

NB-Sin Guide - http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...-sin-spec.html

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Mayi View Post
    Doesn't need the next tier. Hasted already consistently outdpses Deadeye for me.

I'd make the switch when you hit 4 piece HK. I wouldn't play MM if I had to use Deadeye shot, it's annoying to use a 1.5 second cast time finisher every rotation.

Raid buffed I'm at around 1450ap, plus have the golem inductor.

Here's the gear I'm using:

http://riftupgrades.com/roguedps/?lo...a99589da16e917
    Do you use the MM or Ranger crystal? I'm still convinced that the 2pc Ranger allowing instant Shadow Fire and Splinter is better than the 2pc MM, but whether it is better than 4pc MM I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Pink Freud View Post
    Do you use the MM or Ranger crystal? I'm still convinced that the 2pc Ranger allowing instant Shadow Fire and Splinter is better than the 2pc MM, but whether it is better than 4pc MM I don't know.
    I got it - 4 piece MM is a lot better. Played around with it a bit and now I only use it in my ranger build.

I have the Akylios Relic gun and HK 4pc, but I don't use MM where I can effectively use bloodstalker or nb.

Anyway on subject. With the level of AP I have, sitting around merid with ~1078 + crit capped, Hasted outdoes Deadeye by quite a bit. On a dummy with no fervor Deadeye will do a bit more but then if I grab fervor hasted jumps way ahead. And it only gets further ahead with buffs and consumables. I couldn't tell you the exact AP number to switch from deadeye to hasted but moral of the story is: You have HK 4pc and ~1k AP before buffs/consumables? Use hasted.

If you do not have HK 4pc it would still be worth it to keep casting them deadeyes considering your AP probably isnt high enough and you arent getting the benefit of more powerful EM procs.

But seriously, play bloodstalker only build that scales mildly well and keeps me interested and engaged.
    (_(_)_) -Gambiit- (_(_)_)
    always watching

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Knightcrawler View Post
    I have the Akylios Relic gun and HK 4pc, but I don't use MM where I can effectively use bloodstalker or nb.

Anyway on subject. With the level of AP I have, sitting around merid with ~1078 + crit capped, Hasted outdoes Deadeye by quite a bit. On a dummy with no fervor Deadeye will do a bit more but then if I grab fervor hasted jumps way ahead. And it only gets further ahead with buffs and consumables. I couldn't tell you the exact AP number to switch from deadeye to hasted but moral of the story is: You have HK 4pc and ~1k AP before buffs/consumables? Use hasted.

If you do not have HK 4pc it would still be worth it to keep casting them deadeyes considering your AP probably isnt high enough and you arent getting the benefit of more powerful EM procs.

But seriously, play bloodstalker only build that scales mildly well and keeps me interested and engaged.
    Is bloodstalker only better than MM with the Sin crystal that applies Expose?

Quote Originally Posted by ScottyAj2 View Post
    Is bloodstalker only better than MM with the Sin crystal that applies Expose?
    A huge part of the build is based around EW. No crystal = no bloodstalker.
    (_(_)_) -Gambiit- (_(_)_)
    always watching

Sword of Telara

Since when does 51 Bladedancer not scale?

The only reason it isn't top DPS right now is none of us have enough AP yet. You just can't beat +350% AP on Quick Strike and Precision Strike, not to mention permanent 4 CP builders per finisher (if you do the 51BD10Sin5RS build).

I refuse! I'm way too lazy to play BS, I'd have to redo all my AAs.

First I geared up for crit - softcap. Then I geared up for ap and to max my crit with the sab dex buff - sabdancer nerfed. Then I stacked ap and went for the gun aas - mm nerfed.

This time I'm saying **** it. Going to pour all my AAs into the gun AAs and by the time I'm finished, it'll be ranged's turn on the rogue meri go round and I'll be set up for it.

I'm pulling 3600 Sic with no relic. Add the relic and I"ll be close to 4k, I can live with that.
    Last edited by Mayi; 12-09-2011 at 01:26 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast