+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Is it possible to be "Unhittable"?

Soulwalker

Default Is it possible to be "Unhittable"?

Hey, coming from a WoW backround where tanks strive to be "unhittable" which was reached at 102.4% avoidance, is this possible in rift? Or is there a diminishing returns that makes it impossible. Currently on my rogue I can reach 92% avoidance with Dodge/Parry/Deflection and am curious if its worth going for 100% or further even.

Rift Disciple

WoW had a 1 roll system. ( eg. 1 dice 0-30 dodge, 30-40 parry , 40-100 block ).
    As far I know Rift rolls more often.
    As long you don't get 100% dodge/deflect... you can allways be hit.
    Gnarde 5/9
    Frostbringnaa 5/9

Quote Originally Posted by Shrack View Post
    Hey, coming from a WoW backround where tanks strive to be "unhittable" which was reached at 102.4% avoidance, is this possible in rift? Or is there a diminishing returns that makes it impossible. Currently on my rogue I can reach 92% avoidance with Dodge/Parry/Deflection and am curious if its worth going for 100% or further even.
    Aside from CD's like the old Blackout, and Scatter the Shadows, no. Dodge and parry cap at 20% i believe (could be wrong, but they certainly cant get anywhere close to 100%), and block/deflect only reduce the damage, they don't avoid it. Being unhittable is retarrded anyway, i would not expect anything like that to ever happen here.
    Hastati (50 warrior), Tsar (50 cleric), Tsaritsa (50 Mage)
    Guides: 51 Bladedancer, Bloodstalker, Nightblade
    DPS Rogue <Trinity>
    5/8 ID; HK Conqueror

Quote Originally Posted by Gyle View Post
    Aside from CD's like the old Blackout, and Scatter the Shadows, no. Dodge and parry cap at 20% i believe (could be wrong, but they certainly cant get anywhere close to 100%), and block/deflect only reduce the damage, they don't avoid it. Being unhittable is retarrded anyway, i would not expect anything like that to ever happen here.
    parry caps at 20, dodge used to but i believe that was changed.

@op block/deflect work differently as does the math. there is no way with current gear to get to that kind of avoidance level in rift.
    "I did battle with ignorance today, and ignorance won."

Well since I have 34% base dodge in my dps gear when burning through mobs in tank spec it's definitely not capped at 20%.

I can't get my parry above 14% though at the moment so this remains out in the open for me.

+ Reply to Thread