+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Which planar attunement for a rogue?

Telaran

Default Which planar attunement for a rogue?

like the title reads, i see 2 or 3 increase dex and weapon proff with certain types of weapons

Champion

Weapons.

Koe

I based my PA on what weapon I got first in HK.

That would be swords for me.
    Free music! It's legal!
    DISCLAIMER: Some songs may have been taken down.

I'm going Fire > Life > Earth

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Koe View Post
    I based my PA on what weapon I got first in HK.

That would be swords for me.
    ^this, i am not into T2 PA yet because i maxxed out all of my DPS skills for Swords and Guns first
    Hastati (50 warrior), Tsar (50 cleric), Tsaritsa (50 Mage)
    Guides: 51 Bladedancer, Bloodstalker, Nightblade
    DPS Rogue <Trinity>
    5/8 ID; HK Conqueror

Rift Disciple

I mostly PVP so I went with air (weapons are bow and dagger, same as pvp gear). Plus the weapon enhancement in the second tier looks good.

But really it doesn't matter too much. Unless you heavily favor dps over tanking (or vise versa). Attunement is really just for fun and provides further character customization. The bonuses are really negligible.

And in retrospect, I think it's silly to pick one plane only because of the weapon you have. What if a better weapon comes out in the next patch, or you get a different one from a drop? Just pick a plane that looks appealing.
    Last edited by Terminum; 12-08-2011 at 08:46 PM.

Plane Touched

Level them based on what weapons you have (or will probably have in the future) and don't worry about getting into T2 really, none of the T2 abilities are worth using at this point.

Do what most are saying, but also think ahead. Of what weapon is BiS for your spec.

I've max'd swords, guns and daggers. I don't have a dagger atm but I am preparing for when I get Molten Brand from RoTP. I use Beastcarver as my main hand for now.

So imho Swords, Guns and Daggers are your best options to max. Since getting the bis til Relic is attainable by throwing together a half decent raid. And then when you finally are able to get relics, dagger is already max'd as well as swords ie. Solition Blade and Fang of Akylios.

Filling the dps for your weapons is easy for the tier 1 PA's. Then tier 2 is when it sucks because you have to waste so many points to get +dps.
    Last edited by Spungey; 12-08-2011 at 10:31 PM.
    "TO PRO PHYS HEALS FOR JUUUU"

(Vanilla: Spongey@Keenblade "Nexilis")
    (Nightmare Tide: Excuse@Deepwood

Maxed all of my T1 swords and was about to get into t2 when suddenly relic dagger.

Go for what you'll likely end up with for the foreseeable future, and remember not to waste your 1 free GM PA reset on swapping out of marksman. sadface.

(Gear)

Yeah I just used my 1 off reset to get swords maxed as I am using the beast carver now, but I have the GsB relic dagger off hand at the moment so for blinknblade I will have to max daggers too, I won't be seeing T2 for a while especially as best in slot is daggers if you are lucky to drop one in HK.

However grinding icewatch rep in normal AP is fantastic exp, I am going to use it for my planar attunements, 4minute runs 50k exp and 3.3k rep AWESOME!
    Last edited by SiliconShadow; 12-09-2011 at 05:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SiliconShadow View Post
    Yeah I just used my 1 off reset to get swords maxed as I am using the beast carver now, but I have the GsB relic dagger off hand at the moment so for blinknblade I will have to max daggers too, I won't be seeing T2 for a while especially as best in slot is daggers if you are lucky to drop one in HK.

However grinding icewatch rep in normal AP is fantastic exp, I am going to use it for my planar attunements, 4minute runs 50k exp and 3.3k rep AWESOME!
    Dont waste your time worrying about offhands, they add almost nothing to your DPS.

(Gear)

Sword of Telara

I'm a bit of an outsider in that I initially chose my planar attunement off of the theme I go with for my rogue, death. Wasn't the best choice stats wise (dex obviously is more important than str) but it fit in well with my guy. Now that I'm Tier 2 and have the Vamp Essence (that was fixed last patch) I'm fairly pleased though. Granted... my two weapons that fell out of HK were swords not daggers... so I'm a bit screwed on that front. Ceste la vi. Min max, I'd say air, water, fire... but go with whatever. You CAN get them all. It's like Pokemon.
    Laban Rogue <That Guild>. Bad... good? I'm the guy with the gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Laban of C O View Post
    I'm a bit of an outsider in that I initially chose my planar attunement off of the theme I go with for my rogue, death. Wasn't the best choice stats wise (dex obviously is more important than str) but it fit in well with my guy. Now that I'm Tier 2 and have the Vamp Essence (that was fixed last patch) I'm fairly pleased though. Granted... my two weapons that fell out of HK were swords not daggers... so I'm a bit screwed on that front. Ceste la vi. Min max, I'd say air, water, fire... but go with whatever. You CAN get them all. It's like Pokemon.
    Is the vamp proc any good? It will likely be my first t2 tree, looks like it would be great for solo grinding.

(Gear)

Sword of Telara

Now that they fixed it so it doesn't drop off on death... it's not bad. It FEELS like they upped the healing a little as well. It is not nearly as good as say.. Leeching poison, but it definitely makes solo grinding easier. Especially if you have some Riftstalker in the build. An assassin/Rifstalker build with leeching and this would be freaking hardy as hell. It is also decent in pvp! Until you get the 60 vegence stones... I'd say it's probably the best weapon enchant.
    Laban Rogue <That Guild>. Bad... good? I'm the guy with the gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Adnoz View Post
    Dont waste your time worrying about offhands, they add almost nothing to your DPS.
    Yeah but I want to min/max my aoe, and grinding exp at 12k a minute (24k with a pot) it isn't going to take long now to max an attunement.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast