+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: What if Guarded Steel added 100% base deflect?

Plane Touched

Default What if Guarded Steel added 100% base deflect?

I pose this question to you the community.

What if: Guarded Steel added 100% base chance to deflect (caps at 30%) as opposed to straight 20%?

This would close the gap to the 'hard' cap that warriors currently can reach.

Thoughts? Thinking we don't have +deflect itemization.

Cleric tank pieces have +block, wisdom, and spell power all adding to block rating.
    Warrior tank pieces have +block and strength, contributing to block rating.

Rogue tank pieces have dexterity.

Not QQ...just an idea *shrugs*

Clerics need some work...too to close the Warrior gap.

warrior tanking needs to be nerfed back down.
    Gnarlwood - Belladonna - P50 Rogue
    Seastone - Puandro - P24 Mage
    Im here for the PvE, not the unbalanced subpar PvP.
    Just Waiting...

They just need to start putting +deflect on gear.
    Hastati (50 warrior), Tsar (50 cleric), Tsaritsa (50 Mage)
    Guides: 51 Bladedancer, Bloodstalker, Nightblade
    DPS Rogue <Trinity>
    5/8 ID; HK Conqueror

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Puandro View Post
    Well initially I *was* thinking the same way, but my thinking now is Warriors are attuned for a new 20-man raid with an Ember Isle theme.

That said it -appears- on the surface that RS need a bit more HP lovin' and some better deflect. Clerics need a little loving too.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Gyle View Post
    They just need to start putting +deflect on gear.
    Well, I agree, but they said they didn't have any intentions of doing so. Just tossing ideas out there at this point. At least I'm able to tank :/

Quote Originally Posted by Puandro View Post
    +1

dunno why they buffed it at all

Clerics could use a small boost to physical but atm they are fine (out guild Mt is a cleric) and Rogue is fine atm, but warriors need to be nerfed, its easier and less of a headache in later tiers.
    Gnarlwood - Belladonna - P50 Rogue
    Seastone - Puandro - P24 Mage
    Im here for the PvE, not the unbalanced subpar PvP.
    Just Waiting...

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Talaren View Post
    Well, I agree, but they said they didn't have any intentions of doing so. Just tossing ideas out there at this point. At least I'm able to tank :/
    I beleive they originally said that they was not going to do a pass on current gear in game and put deflect on it, whereas new gear would. Could be wrong though but a higher deflect chance would definitely help close the gap somewhat.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Talaren View Post
    I pose this question to you the community.

What if: Guarded Steel added 100% base chance to deflect (caps at 30%) as opposed to straight 20%?

This would close the gap to the 'hard' cap that warriors currently can reach.

Thoughts? Thinking we don't have +deflect itemization.

Cleric tank pieces have +block, wisdom, and spell power all adding to block rating.
    Warrior tank pieces have +block and strength, contributing to block rating.

Rogue tank pieces have dexterity.

Not QQ...just an idea *shrugs*

Clerics need some work...too to close the Warrior gap.
    This 'gap' does not need to be filled, we have riftguard.

Try looking at the inc damage parses for warriors and rogues, we are very close, at the moment, the main difference I see is that Rogues will take less spiky damage but more, have better snap threat. Warriors will take more spiky damage but less, with better sustained threat, clerics - bl.

Rogues already take less non deflected damage than warriors non-block, with the reverse true when blocked or deflected.

Clerics are a different story, my guild does not have a equally geared cleric who tanks on a regular basis.
    Last edited by wingedarr0w; 12-08-2011 at 06:39 PM.

Champion

Why are raiders asking for nerfs? Nerfs don't help a raid.

Quote Originally Posted by wingedarr0w View Post

Try looking at the inc damage parses for warriors and rogues, we are very close, at the moment, the main difference I see is that Rogues will take less spiky damage but more, have better snap threat. Warriors will take more spiky damage but less, with better sustained threat, clerics - bl.
    I have the opposite experience, and I'm somewhat better geared than our Warrior. He takes less damage, blocks more often, and blocks for more. It's consistent with the maths that was done prior to release.

I must just be bad!

roleplay be damned, deflect shouldve been based on endurance. thats what riftstalkers are forced to stack. also, it wouldnt force people to itemize for less hp. rogues already have the lowest hp as tanks with the highest endurance. makes no sense.

Rogues already take less non deflected damage than warriors non-block, with the reverse true when blocked or deflected.

Clerics are a different story, my guild does not have a equally geared cleric who tanks on a regular basis.
    its like you tried to fill a post with as many wrong and stupid things as you possibly could.

Telaran

Instead of asking for rogue tanks to be brought in line with warriors, some of you prefer the warriors be brought back down, ignoring the fact that when new and more difficult content comes along they'd have to be brought back up again anyway.

Wonderful logic.
    Last edited by lJustAlexl; 12-08-2011 at 08:54 PM.

RIFT Fan Site Operator Dunharrow's Avatar

Rogues have better snap threat? Lol

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast