+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: ROTP Toughness req

Default ROTP Toughness req

I am currently at 320 hit and 200 toughness. My gear is somewhat **** though compared to the stats I have in my P8

Am I ready to tank ROTP, or should I just keep doin the random T2s/gp/dh for marks and upgrades? I am at work now so I can't post my exact gear.

If I am in full p8 gear and put my pve tank spec on I am at almost 11k hp
    If I put on the PvE junk I have I am at around 8.4k Hp
    Last edited by Am0n; 12-08-2011 at 12:41 AM.
    "You lost me at Balance"

Plane Walker

Hit will make sure you land abilities on the boss/mob. Toughness will reduce the amount of critical strike damage you take. While there are recommended minimums in these two area's, those two area's alone will not necessariliy make a person ready to tank (or dps for that matter). How you have 320 hit with only 8k hp is beyond me, but you definetly need more health, and you need a lot of dex, dodge and parry. Your build will help you get some of that but stats from gear/essences will get you a lot too.
    You have enough hit to land blows on bosses. You have enough toughness to properly mitgate crit damage from bosses. But at 8k hp, I'd guess you don't have the dex, dodge and parry (obviously not enough health) and maybe even the wrong build to tank it.

Quote Originally Posted by Emanresu View Post
    Hit will make sure you land abilities on the boss/mob. Toughness will reduce the amount of critical strike damage you take. While there are recommended minimums in these two area's, those two area's alone will not necessariliy make a person ready to tank (or dps for that matter). How you have 320 hit with only 8k hp is beyond me, but you definetly need more health, and you need a lot of dex, dodge and parry. Your build will help you get some of that but stats from gear/essences will get you a lot too.
    You have enough hit to land blows on bosses. You have enough toughness to properly mitgate crit damage from bosses. But at 8k hp, I'd guess you don't have the dex, dodge and parry (obviously not enough health) and maybe even the wrong build to tank it.
    The build is fine. It is the same cookie cutter 51 rs bd rng that is all over the forums. I really only want to enter here for some hit weapons for PvP.

I have rings from t2 rr dagger from dh axe from t2 rr, some boe bow from some t2 and boe neck from another t2.
    For tank gear I have the Ember Isle legs, the first chest piece with an enchant, I think boots, the shoulders from I believe dh that give 50 tough, and some other random item.

My gear is all just mixed and matched from the little PvE that I do. I tank T2's fine but I am pretty sure I need to stack some end for ROTP. Wasn't sure though.

Ill try a 10 man tomorrow as tank and see how I do, and go from there I guess.
    Last edited by Am0n; 12-08-2011 at 12:58 AM.
    "You lost me at Balance"

The toughness cap for RotP is 200. 8k HP is absolutely not sufficient, it's barely more than half what I'd recommend going in there with; I wouldn't even suggest going into tier 1 raids with that. There are times where you might take spikes of 6-7k. Armour and Deflect ratings matter, too, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto Jones View Post
    The toughness cap for RotP is 200. 8k HP is absolutely not sufficient, it's barely more than half what I'd recommend going in there with; I wouldn't even suggest going into tier 1 raids with that. There are times where you might take spikes of 6-7k. Armour and Deflect ratings matter, too, of course.
    How did I manage to get the hit and Toughness without the HP. I know its just slapped together gear but for the most part it isn't "terrible"

Should I focus Endurance for my next source, or Dex for Deflect. Also on my gear same thing, what enchants should I be looking for?

I know my PvP, this PvE stuff is just new to me. I was amazed at how quickly I managed to grab the hit and toughness though doing strictly pugs for everything. T2 rr, LFG, and 10 mans.
    "You lost me at Balance"

Also does block work for rogues?
    I saw a post on the Voodoo tanks and their Rogue tank said he had I believe a 6% chance to block. This being said is it reasonable for me to roll if a rifle with block on it drops?
    "You lost me at Balance"

Rift Disciple

rogues get deflect now, not block. and stuff that ONLY says block will NOT work with deflect, the item will say block or deflect, or just deflect but i dont think theres any "off deflect" only items.

and your core should be all dex/end/dodge lessers, thoes lame 2 greaters most newb rogue tanks think are good are terrible.. much better off with dex/end/dpdge lessers.
    Help
    <Blackout>
    Seastone 8/8ID

Quote Originally Posted by 420MySTiC View Post
    rogues get deflect now, not block. and stuff that ONLY says block will NOT work with deflect, the item will say block or deflect, or just deflect but i dont think theres any "off deflect" only items.

and your core should be all dex/end/dodge lessers, thoes lame 2 greaters most newb rogue tanks think are good are terrible.. much better off with dex/end/dpdge lessers.
    I know we get Deflect that still doesn't answer the question. Can a Rogue block or not? Lol
    And you are wrong the item will not say deflect. Dexterity is the coefficient for Deflect.

Unless there are some recently released items I am unaware of.
    Last edited by Am0n; 12-08-2011 at 02:21 AM.
    "You lost me at Balance"

Rift Disciple

i did say u get deflect, not block so that would be no, rouges dont get block

and yes u get deflect from dex, but trinkets and some greaters that have a chance to either shield you or heal you for whatever amount will say Deflect in the description if it works with deflect, if it ONLY says block then its an older trinket and works for warrs/clerics only
    Help
    <Blackout>
    Seastone 8/8ID

Quote Originally Posted by 420MySTiC View Post
    i did say u get deflect, not block so that would be no, rouges dont get block

and yes u get deflect from dex, but trinkets and some greaters that have a chance to either shield you or heal you for whatever amount will say Deflect in the description if it works with deflect, if it ONLY says block then its an older trinket and works for warrs/clerics only
    I see what you are saying. I'm going to try and find the forum post I am talking about real quick. I thought you were saying like an armor slot would have a deflect stat on it lmao
    "You lost me at Balance"

http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...ior-tanks.html

Is the thread I was referring to but I just read it wrong. You are right, thankyou!
    "You lost me at Balance"

Either your 8.4k hp is without turning on guardian phase + others buffs, or you only have 4 pieces of 50 toughness tank gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Mav986 View Post
    Either your 8.4k hp is without turning on guardian phase + others buffs, or you only have 4 pieces of 50 toughness tank gear.
    It's the second one lol.

I'm familiar with the RS tree. I use it for the lol that tickles PvP spec sometimes. Just not familiar with what all I need for PvE
    Last edited by Am0n; 12-08-2011 at 02:48 AM.
    "You lost me at Balance"

You need the best endurance rune for each item, an endurance/resistance type sigil,

Endurance for weapons, Endurance on accessories, Endurance for God DAMN breakfast.. well you get the point.

When you are raid tanking you need to maximise your mitigation and endurance, dexterity runes.

Make sure you have your reputation runes ie Icewatch dex/end rune for your helm, look for 14k Minimum for rotp with 24% deflect selfbuffed (before imp guarded steel).

Quote Originally Posted by SiliconShadow View Post
    You need the best endurance rune for each item, an endurance/resistance type sigil,

Endurance for weapons, Endurance on accessories, Endurance for God DAMN breakfast.. well you get the point.

When you are raid tanking you need to maximise your mitigation and endurance, dexterity runes.

Make sure you have your reputation runes ie Icewatch dex/end rune for your helm, look for 14k Minimum for rotp with 24% deflect selfbuffed (before imp guarded steel).
    Awesome. 500 Inscribes here I come.....Again LOL
    "You lost me at Balance"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast