+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: I am so confused...

Soulwalker

Default I am so confused...

I read all these posts that everyone talks about using MM/X/X builds.

Every single one of those post someone says oh this is top dps!

Either I am doing drugs or the posters are some higher drug then me but out of all these builds I have never reached the dps with these builds compared to the one I use for all fights and in every one of my guilds raids I am top dps, world invasions again I am always top or in the top 3. Even other rogues in better gear then me i still out dps them.

All these builds that has been posted since patch 1.5 i never go above 1k DPS single target

With my build I'm always over 1300 consistent but do 1300-1700 single target.
    AOE DPS 2000-6000 depending how many mobs
    Not normal mobs but avg. on all boss encounters in DH/GP 10 mans

My stats: ( Self Buffed)
    DEX 762
    AP 810
    PC 1054 39.96%+5 44.96%
    Hit 300
    Dodge 762 18.06%
    Parry 336 5.44%

My build I use is 51MM 10RNG 5SAB
    But I never hear anyone mention this build about being top dps but to me its proven compared to all others in this forum and all my tests which has been quite a bit in plat for re-specs.

Can someone shed some light why someone would think a spec that I can only pull 1k dps from is top dps compared to my build I use that I do 1300+?

Telaran

First of all, I think your spec is inferior because 15% dex < 19% more damage. I'd show you my math, but it's too late, and not gonna happen right now.

With your spec, what macros are you using, and what is your starting rotation? Really hard to even determine anything remotely concrete based on your post.

If you're having problems breaking 1k with 51 mm 15 ranger with your stats, you're doing something wrong.

Also what is the dps of your weapons and what buffs are you using?
    Covenant of the Phoenix - Deepwood
    Clarith - Rogue
    RG2 10/11 HK, 2/8 ID

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Clarith View Post
    First of all, I think your spec is inferior because 15% dex < 19% more damage. I'd show you my math, but it's too late, and not gonna happen right now.

With your spec, what macros are you using, and what is your starting rotation? Really hard to even determine anything remotely concrete based on your post.

If you're having problems breaking 1k with 51 mm 15 ranger with your stats, you're doing something wrong.

No you got that backwards with the 51mm 10 rng 5 sab I CAN DO 1300-1700 but all these other builds ppl are claiming to be top dps on this forum i tried em and cant break 1000K as far as macros and rotation me too its late so ill post it up tommorrow.

Sword of Telara

Pretty much the whole point of going Ranger is Shadow Fire, which you don't get at only 10 points in.

I am as confused as you are, there is really no reason at all that your build should be out DPSing 14 rng/1 RS or even just 15 ranger. I would say it has something to do with *how* you are playing it rather than what build you are playing. Might be rotation, might be macro's, or it might be gearing. The predatory soulstone is a substantial DPS increase that you don't get to take advantage of in your current build, and when you are testing the higher ranger builds i am sure you are not testing them with that greater, but it might also have something to do with the increase in crit you are getting from the +dex.

Bottom line if geared correctly and played correctly the 14 or 15 ranger builds *will* out dps your build, it is something on your end, not the build. That said, if what you are using works for you, and you are topping charts i see no real reason to change it. If you find yourself not landing where you would like to be on the charts eventually, try a more exhaustive test of the other builds.
    Hastati (50 warrior), Tsar (50 cleric), Tsaritsa (50 Mage)
    Guides: 51 Bladedancer, Bloodstalker, Nightblade
    DPS Rogue <Trinity>
    5/8 ID; HK Conqueror

Your build, as pointed out already by a few people is only 10 points in Rng. You need 14 points for Shadow Fire, which is good amount of your bonus dmg in the build. You do need to have the 14 points in, the last point is your preference.
    Some go 1 point into RS for the AP, some go 15 in Rng for the added dmg to Shadow Fire, as well as the dmg buff from Head Shot.

I prefer the 15 point Rng, because it leaves my last Soul a zero spec change over to use as needed.

Dump the 5 points in Sab, and go 14 Rng/ 1 RS or 15 Rng and retest it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pink Freud View Post
    Pretty much the whole point of going Ranger is Shadow Fire, which you don't get at only 10 points in.
    Yep. And then get the Predatory stone for the 100AP increase when shadow fire is used. And then with 4 piece set bonus and the ranger crystal you can have shadow fire and splinter shot both be instant cast.
    <Coriolis>
    Archemys

My stats in the 15/14/1 MM/rgr/rs are only a tiny bit higher than yours but I parse around the 1400~1500 on the dummy with it, the build has a wide varience of damage and in the first 20s of combat I am parsing just over 1800 due to using cooldowns available if I pop them (Which I usually do).

However, I like you do not like this build and I use 15/10/5 mm/nb/rs (Don't need sab I'm too close to soft cap on crit so I go for heavier AP)

I parse around the same with this build than I do with the ranger build (Note that is without pc crystal as I believe this may change everything)

AP Scaling matters greatly and you have a fair bit, however since you have under the 830ap threshold where skills start changing to what is the highest dps the ranger build in all sense "should" be higher.

The only thing I can imagine is that you are AP low on items, Dex heavy and this build gives you a much higher critical rate so you are seeing RNG in your favour.

To make the 14ranger/51Marksman/1x build work you really need the crystal bonus from at least the 4pc t3 set, ideally the 4pc HK set and the Predatory Greater.

In short if the 5dex gives you the bonus you need then use it, but really you will do better for your raid by spending those 10 points in assasin

Like this:

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0MfMT.EGtRqdAudR.0VMc

It's critical maxed the max, which should compliment the other parts of your build (but you could try swapping the 15% dex for 15% ap to see how you peform)

The 5% critical debuff works for any damage vs the target, which you can apply for burn phases in 20 man raids, it also gets you Expose Weakness. Fun times.

Koe

Get more crit.

You want to be sitting at ~1020, or so, so raid buffed you are at the crit soft cap of 1187.

Edit: This is the only reason it could be plausibly parsing higher. You're not even 40% with 15% dex.
    Last edited by Koe; 12-08-2011 at 07:08 AM.
    Free music! It's legal!
    DISCLAIMER: Some songs may have been taken down.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Clarith View Post

his spec is inferior because he doesnt have Shadowfire... which is a HUUUGE dps boots for MM...

u should be in 51mm/15ranger, and u should NOT be using Empowered shot untl you have 4pc hk MM crystal
    u also should use Deadeye Shot over Hasted shot, until you have 4pc hk MM crystal
    Help
    <Blackout>
    Seastone 8/8ID

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Koe View Post
    Get more crit.

You want to be sitting at ~1020, or so, so raid buffed you are at the crit soft cap of 1187.

Edit: This is the only reason it could be plausibly parsing higher. You're not even 40% with 15% dex.

ummm, u want to be soft capped BEFORE raid buffs homes... any crit buff that shows a % gain, ignores the soft cap... so u need 1187 self buffed (vial's DO NOT ignore soft cap, so take that into account too)
    Help
    <Blackout>
    Seastone 8/8ID

Koe

Quote Originally Posted by 420MySTiC View Post
    ummm, u want to be soft capped BEFORE raid buffs homes... any crit buff that shows a % gain, ignores the soft cap... so u need 1187 self buffed (vial's DO NOT ignore soft cap, so take that into account too)
    No, you don't want to be soft capped before the raid.

You gain 104 + 35/40(depending on vial) +5% Dex towards crit.

So, on average, you'll gain 139 + 42(Resonance) crit = 181 crit.

So, ideally, you'd want to sit at 1006 crit before raid buffs.

Edit: 104 is Archon+Bard buffs.

Edit2: And I say he needs crit because I'm assuming his 1054 number is with the +15% dex, which would put him pretty low on other builds.
    Last edited by Koe; 12-08-2011 at 07:22 AM.
    Free music! It's legal!
    DISCLAIMER: Some songs may have been taken down.

Rift Disciple

this is true, but when yer sittin in yer raid at 55% crit, ill still be at the hard cap... 60%
    Help
    <Blackout>
    Seastone 8/8ID

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Taleon View Post
    Your build, as pointed out already by a few people is only 10 points in Rng. You need 14 points for Shadow Fire, which is good amount of your bonus dmg in the build. You do need to have the 14 points in, the last point is your preference.
    Some go 1 point into RS for the AP, some go 15 in Rng for the added dmg to Shadow Fire, as well as the dmg buff from Head Shot.

I prefer the 15 point Rng, because it leaves my last Soul a zero spec change over to use as needed.

Dump the 5 points in Sab, and go 14 Rng/ 1 RS or 15 Rng and retest it.
    I have tested using 51MM/15RNG and it was about 30-60dps less then what I have been using which again is 51MM 10RNG 5SAB

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by SiliconShadow View Post
    My stats in the 15/14/1 MM/rgr/rs are only a tiny bit higher than yours but I parse around the 1400~1500 on the dummy with it, the build has a wide varience of damage and in the first 20s of combat I am parsing just over 1800 due to using cooldowns available if I pop them (Which I usually do).

However, I like you do not like this build and I use 15/10/5 mm/nb/rs (Don't need sab I'm too close to soft cap on crit so I go for heavier AP)

I parse around the same with this build than I do with the ranger build (Note that is without pc crystal as I believe this may change everything)

AP Scaling matters greatly and you have a fair bit, however since you have under the 830ap threshold where skills start changing to what is the highest dps the ranger build in all sense "should" be higher.

The only thing I can imagine is that you are AP low on items, Dex heavy and this build gives you a much higher critical rate so you are seeing RNG in your favour.

To make the 14ranger/51Marksman/1x build work you really need the crystal bonus from at least the 4pc t3 set, ideally the 4pc HK set and the Predatory Greater.

In short if the 5dex gives you the bonus you need then use it, but really you will do better for your raid by spending those 10 points in assasin

Like this:

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0MfMT.EGtRqdAudR.0VMc

It's critical maxed the max, which should compliment the other parts of your build (but you could try swapping the 15% dex for 15% ap to see how you peform)

The 5% critical debuff works for any damage vs the target, which you can apply for burn phases in 20 man raids, it also gets you Expose Weakness. Fun times.
    Yea the latest one i tried was the 38MM 23RNG 5RS and only parsed between 1000-1075k went back to my other build and again 1300+. Like someone else said usually my first 20sec im hitting nearly 2k but the drops to no lower then 1300.

Getting some good feed back .. so thank you to everyone.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast