+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Ailion, Rogue Lead Read / Respond please

Shadowlander

Default Ailion, Rogue Lead Read / Respond please

I'm Curious now what your intentions are for the rogue class, as a lot of time as gone by and it seems like we arent improving along side the other classes. Same gear level class for class rogues are extremely behind in both dps and tanking still.

I dont need to post specific numbers as it is definately widely known at this point. But the lack of new content on pts for rogues, just makes it appear its being swept under the rug at this point. Is it trion's intention to balance out the player bases enough by having rogues roll different characters as mains or having enough of them transfer to another game due to the performance issues? Some sight into the rogue future would be prefered, so i can make 5x bard specs or go make a mage or cleric.

Quote Originally Posted by Tead View Post
    I'm Curious now what your intentions are for the rogue class, as a lot of time as gone by and it seems like we arent improving along side the other classes. Same gear level class for class rogues are extremely behind in both dps and tanking still.

I dont need to post specific numbers as it is definately widely known at this point. But the lack of new content on pts for rogues, just makes it appear its being swept under the rug at this point. Is it trion's intention to balance out the player bases enough by having rogues roll different characters as mains or having enough of them transfer to another game due to the performance issues? Some sight into the rogue future would be prefered, so i can make 5x bard specs or go make a mage or cleric.
    I believe we are stuggling with our dps, but our tankings is amazing at this point. As for being swept under the rug, we had our rebuffing time last patch. Its time to give the other classes a go, we will get ours in 1.9 or whenever they can. They need time before making a change give them that and we might see more response from the Dev.
    Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance

Plane Touched

Our tanking is better than it was, but still far behind warriors as far as mitigation goes. We may have just had a review, but we got a subsequent nerf and we're still behind warriors and mages in dps. So we're decent, but not where we probably should be.
    Skiet - Kelari Rogue - Fires of Heaven - Deepwood

Thanks a lot, Daglar.

Quote Originally Posted by Caelan View Post
    Our tanking is better than it was, but still far behind warriors as far as mitigation goes. We may have just had a review, but we got a subsequent nerf and we're still behind warriors and mages in dps. So we're decent, but not where we probably should be.
    Actually, if you are not using some crazy build, the 51 Rs/7rg/8BD mitigates within 10% of a warriors mitigation(this taken into account if you use your CD properly).
    Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance

Plane Touched

All the parses I've seen disagree with that statement, but I'd love to be proven wrong.
    Skiet - Kelari Rogue - Fires of Heaven - Deepwood

Thanks a lot, Daglar.

Quote Originally Posted by Trufrost View Post
    Actually, if you are not using some crazy build, the 51 Rs/7rg/8BD mitigates within 10% of a warriors mitigation(this taken into account if you use your CD properly).
    Too bad the most knowledgeable rogue tank on these forums in arguably the best guild in the game disagrees with you.

http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...ior-tanks.html

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

Warriors boast more block, more passive mitigation, and ~2k more HP at the high end. I'm not sure how that's equal but okay.

Shadowlander

QQ ... I raided my butt off (sub-HK) on my warrior, I raided super casually on my rogue..basically getting a raid bow was all it took for my rogue to be on par with my warrior...and it's faceroll. I can't speak on rogue tanks. EVERY class forum is full of whiners complaining their class in the worst..you can't ALL be right.

Quote Originally Posted by Warganizm View Post
    QQ ... I raided my butt off (sub-HK) on my warrior, I raided super casually on my rogue..basically getting a raid bow was all it took for my rogue to be on par with my warrior...and it's faceroll. I can't speak on rogue tanks. EVERY class forum is full of whiners complaining their class in the worst..you can't ALL be right.
    Rogue tanking is great, it should be the baseline -- it's about where Warrior tanking was prior to 1.6. The problem is going to come in future when content is balanced against the best: Warrior tanks. At that point we're going to be even worse off than we were before.

Quote Originally Posted by Warganizm View Post
    then youre a bad warrior.

Why does everything have to be about one class versus the other? Again, I am speaking from personal experience, but because our rogues aren't top DPS it doesn't mean they are bad. They are all competitive. It seems more of an issue of wanting to be the best as opposed to wanting fixes or anything of the sort. The "fix" argument is used as an affront to wanting to be the best and slap it across everyone's faces.
    "I love being a father, but there are some things I miss: Silence, the absence of noise, one single moment undisturbed by the sounds of a childrens’ TV program called Doc McStuffins. There is no quiet anymore, there is only Doc McStuffins.
    — Ron Swanson, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by intrinsc View Post
    Why does everything have to be about one class versus the other? Again, I am speaking from personal experience, but because our rogues aren't top DPS it doesn't mean they are bad. They are all competitive. It seems more of an issue of wanting to be the best as opposed to wanting fixes or anything of the sort. The "fix" argument is used as an affront to wanting to be the best and slap it across everyone's faces.
    Rogues have to excel at one facet of the game otherwise what's the point of the class? Fervor?

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Trufrost View Post
    I believe we are stuggling with our dps, but our tankings is amazing at this point. As for being swept under the rug, we had our rebuffing time last patch. Its time to give the other classes a go, we will get ours in 1.9 or whenever they can. They need time before making a change give them that and we might see more response from the Dev.
    No offense, I understand where you're coming from, but I honestly only have sympathy for the Clerics at the moment, and they're currently being worked on. The other classes have gotten more stuff in patches that weren't promised to them, than we have gotten in the entirety of the game's existence. Tack on the fact that essentially any gains we made from 1.5, were basically reverted with 1.6, and you'll understand the fury.

Cool, Trion finally fixed Sinstalker, but now instead of being pigeonholed into sabdancer, guess what? We're pigeon holed again.

Clerics are the only other class that is even remotely close to the level of utter breakage that rogues are in right now, and atleast they can adequately perform 3 out of their 4 functions, whereas we're still subpar dps, and average tanks.

The "fix" argument is used as an affront to wanting to be the best and slap it across everyone's faces.
    It's not about being the best. It never has been. We've never been the best, we just want to be equivalent. I shouldn't be penalized for picking rogue, a class with 6/8 of its soul advertised as DPS souls. if I want to do the role that I was guaranteed from the get-go, then darn well ought to be able to compete with other equally geared DPS classes.

None of us are asking to be the best, we're asking to be comparable, which at the moment: we aren't.
    Last edited by Willovain; 12-07-2011 at 04:34 PM.

The "fix" argument is used as an affront to wanting to be the best and slap it across everyone's faces.
    That's not what the word Affront means.
    Hastati (50 warrior), Tsar (50 cleric), Tsaritsa (50 Mage)
    Guides: 51 Bladedancer, Bloodstalker, Nightblade
    DPS Rogue <Trinity>
    5/8 ID; HK Conqueror

RIFT Fan Site Operator Dunharrow's Avatar

If the devs have any clue at all, they wont respond to posts asking them to respond. That would just encourage more useless posts like this one. Forums are for players to discuss things with one another, not pepper developers with questions.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast