+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Amiright?!

Default Amiright?!

So, I've notice lately, that Shadow Stalk was broken..as of late it has been teleporting me directly at the target, instead of behind.

Now, we have "planar reversal" that has to be activated to plane shift behind the target?

Can you say useless?

Trion getting bored of fixes? Cause this is like a side-step...

I like that change. It gives you more options on how to use the warps.

Blinkblades etc can use that to stay behind the target to avoid frontals and tanks can stick in front of a target to maintain facing. Seems like a win win to me.

Quote Originally Posted by iontheable View Post
    So, I've notice lately, that Shadow Stalk was broken..as of late it has been teleporting me directly at the target, instead of behind.

Now, we have "planar reversal" that has to be activated to plane shift behind the target?

Can you say useless?

Trion getting bored of fixes? Cause this is like a side-step...

The intent of this change is to make PVE DPS specs using riftstalker not suicidal, I.E. shifting into tailswipes, off of ledges, into tars etc. It's something dps rogues have been asking for for quite some time. In fact, you can now choose how the abilities work to match the situation you find yourself in.

This is a good change.

I can say useless. But it applies to you, not Trion.
    Last edited by ShazzamCrucia; 12-07-2011 at 12:33 PM.
    <Bastion>
    Rogue tank

Are you sure it wasn't Shadow Blitz, cause Shadow blitz tele'd you towards your target. Shadow Stalk and Shadow Assault tele'd behind.

Anyways, Asstalker is pointless if your not blinking behind the target. Double Cross needs you behind the target, and backstab also needs you behind the target.

You could use asstalker on grug, but why would you. No AoE, and having to deal with that many buffs, and trying to position yourself just right to use backstab and get the 15% dmg without getting tailswiped. Lmao..have fun with that one.
    "TO PRO PHYS HEALS FOR JUUUU"

(Vanilla: Spongey@Keenblade "Nexilis")
    (Nightmare Tide: Excuse@Deepwood

Rift Disciple

This is a great change, allows you to switch it on/off depending on if you're tanking/dpsing.

Good fix Trion!

Damaged@Seastone aka Decompose -- Malevolence -- Rogue -- P72

This is a huge change, it is something that rogues have been screaming for for months.

I really hope this is a troll post...

because i can't think of any individual change that the rogue community has lobbied for more in quite a while.
    Hastati (50 warrior), Tsar (50 cleric), Tsaritsa (50 Mage)
    Guides: 51 Bladedancer, Bloodstalker, Nightblade
    DPS Rogue <Trinity>
    5/8 ID; HK Conqueror

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Gyle View Post
    This is a huge change, it is something that rogues have been screaming for for months.

because i can't think of any individual change that the rogue community has lobbied for more in quite a while.
    Any change that does not slot Rogues into the top 20 DPS on any encounter in HK is not a change worth applauding.
    A rogue can top the parse on every boss in HK if they use the right spec, and it's been that way for months.

yes lots of rogues have been wanting this change, but seriously.. Asstalker needs you to be behind the boss to get the full effect. So, what is changing?

Most rogues wanted this because they thought think Asstalker will be good for Grug, Akylios. Not really considering you loose Double Cross and no backstab. Although, I will give it a try for Grug, but think NB will still be superior for that fight
    "TO PRO PHYS HEALS FOR JUUUU"

(Vanilla: Spongey@Keenblade "Nexilis")
    (Nightmare Tide: Excuse@Deepwood

Quote Originally Posted by Spungey View Post
    yes lots of rogues have been wanting this change, but seriously.. Asstalker needs you to be behind the boss to get the full effect. So, what is changing?

Most rogues wanted this because they thought think Asstalker will be good for Grug, Akylios. Not really considering you loose Double Cross and no backstab. Although, I will give it a try for Grug, but think NB will still be superior for that fight
    This is true, but it needed to be fixed anway. There was no reason to have it the way it was, and the way that they made it really makes a lot more sense. Even for tanks, there are times when they would rather teleport behind a mob rather than straight to it and then having to turn it. It gives you control over your positioning, and i like anything that gives me more control over my character.
    Hastati (50 warrior), Tsar (50 cleric), Tsaritsa (50 Mage)
    Guides: 51 Bladedancer, Bloodstalker, Nightblade
    DPS Rogue <Trinity>
    5/8 ID; HK Conqueror

Quote Originally Posted by Petgroup View Post
    Any change that does not slot Rogues into the top 20 DPS on any encounter in HK is not a change worth applauding.
    Sounds like a l2p issue. Our rogues are still pulling top 10, at the least. Most of the time 2-3 in top 5.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Spungey View Post
    Are you sure it wasn't Shadow Blitz, cause Shadow blitz tele'd you towards your target. Shadow Stalk and Shadow Assault tele'd behind.

Anyways, Asstalker is pointless if your not blinking behind the target. Double Cross needs you behind the target, and backstab also needs you behind the target.

You could use asstalker on grug, but why would you. No AoE, and having to deal with that many buffs, and trying to position yourself just right to use backstab and get the 15% dmg without getting tailswiped. Lmao..have fun with that one.
    Easy tbh.. U can ace grug now if u know how to position which isn't a big deal, changing this will make it a very viable spec for grug.. I won't worry about the Aoe in this fight, we have set mages to handle the buffstacking anyhow instead of people randomly aoeing the crap making the buffs wear of soon. ST is where's it's at for grug!

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Petgroup View Post
    Not entirely true.

According to: http://riftlogs.com/riftlogs/rankings/z/16/m/damage

After tonight, I have outparsed every warrior on Murdantix to date.

http://www.raidrifts.com/report/view...27oo8/1/22191/

Also 19th overall on Sicaron according to riftlogs.

A skilled rogue with end game gear can compete with warriors in a tank and spank encounter, where porting is not an issue. But if the encounter requires any form of AoE damage, there is no way we are competitive at all.

This is not to say we do not need buffs at all, because to be honest most of the rogue community as a whole are probably not skilled enough to do all the bloodstalker build requires to push numbers, while executing boss mechanics at the same time.

We need some love Trion! Help us out !

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Kokie View Post
    A skilled rogue with end game gear can compete with warriors in a tank and spank encounter, where porting is not an issue. But if the encounter requires any form of AoE damage, there is no way we are competitive at all.!
    I don't know where your seeing that.. but a Rogue with Relic Weapons is keeping pace/barely ahead of the Warriors with Epics..

Your 4200 and the top rogue Sicaron parse of 4300.. Is some 300 behind what Mages/Warriors pull on that same Tank-n-Spank fight.

So no, skilled Rogues cannot compete with skilled Warriors. Skilled rogues can compete with lesser geared/unskilled Warriors, would be a more valid statement.

p.s. private log is private so can't see your Murdantix parse.

p.p.s. Maybe the Special Olympics Warriors are just tricksy and that might be blown out of proportion.. but it can happen..
    Last edited by Taraern; 12-08-2011 at 03:49 AM.

Special olypics warriors and adnoz used a bug. Kokie is still king rogue.

http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...ml#post3451868

That top 50 riftlogs sicaron page sure has alot of red and purple...
    Last edited by Zyzyx; 12-08-2011 at 04:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Zyzyx View Post
    Special olypics warriors and adnoz used a bug. Kokie is still king rogue.

http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...ml#post3451868

That top 50 riftlogs sicaron page sure has alot of red and purple...
    Ahh..

Interesting..

So why hasn't anyone used that Runeshard before now x:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast