+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: 49NB/17SIN or 46NB/20SIN ?

Default 49NB/17SIN or 46NB/20SIN ?

the 3 extra point in assa for baneful touch, backstab and poison malice worth it or not ?

nope.

/10char
    "I did battle with ignorance today, and ignorance won."

Sword of Telara

Poison Malice is junk for Nightblade. Backstab wouldn't have any dedicated bonuses from Sin that makes it hit harder.

Baneful Touch is the only worthwhile thing for NB at 20 sin, but to get it you lose out on 3 SoD procs, 6% death damage and a 50% uptime CC (which admittedly has limited use). Weapon Enchants have a 20% proc rate, so is increasing the damage of something that only procs 20% of the time by 20% really worth it? My gut tells me no, but I'm open to parses that tell me otherwise.

Shadowlander

44NB/22Sin/0 inf

Foul Play save ur a_s_s
    Last edited by Winddrake; 12-08-2011 at 04:08 AM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Winddrake View Post
    44NB/22Sin/0 inf

Foul Play save ur a_s_s
    thats a pvp spec, the specs he was asking about are pve spec....
    Help
    <Blackout>
    Seastone 8/8ID

Shadowlander

Ouch

Quote Originally Posted by Winddrake View Post
    44NB/22Sin/0 inf

Foul Play save ur a_s_s
    51 nb 15 bd!
    it's no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society

Rift Master

I used 49NB/17SIN last night in raid. Did top Rogue dps on some fights. Yes, I must specify top Rogue dps now. Not to be confused with top dps which is reserved for Warriors and Mages with a splash of Clerics. I have a relic and the 4 piece HK NB crystal.

I was learning the rotation and screwing a few things up but it did alright. By no means is having 0 interrupts, the worse aoe class (yes Rogues in general) in the game, and less hp than I did at level 40 help this spec at all.

It's just another sad spec in the end. Horribly designed and built around mainly pvp abilities, which supposed to be separate.

In the end, using this spec in raids is detrimental to your guild. Our whole class needs a complete overhaul. There, I said it.

1.7 changes for Rogues better make me have to use my mousewheel to read them all. Something tells me, that isn't happening unless they type them out using size 200 font.
    Last edited by Petgroup; 12-08-2011 at 03:36 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyle View Post
    A rogue can top the parse on every boss in HK if they use the right spec, and it's been that way for months.

Great question That combo seems to do some great damage along with some cool range attacks and finishers. The problem with the nb/sin combo is defense. Get caught alone you could die fast without any support. I would gravitate towards A sin/rs/bd combo for better survivability and good dmg with tons of buffs.
    “Why should I not hate mine enemies―if I "love" them does that not place me at their mercy?”
    ― Anton Szandor LaVey, The Satanic Bible

Quote Originally Posted by Louiscipher View Post
    The problem with the nb/sin combo is defense. Get caught alone you could die fast without any support.
    The problem with anything and everything assassin is that they can't blow anything up if it's not undergeared. They open, burst, run out of oomph and either blow hidden veil + slip away or die. I had one assassin that tried to take me down at least half a dozen times before he finally tired of running back to his corpse. But then I run shaman/justicar which is hard, if not impossible, for most assassin builds to bring down.

Sorry, didn't meant to interrupt the discussion with another pvp reference.

Did you folks not understand that this isn't a post about pvp. Some people need to go back to grade school to learn to read again.
    "TO PRO PHYS HEALS FOR JUUUU"

(Vanilla: Spongey@Keenblade "Nexilis")
    (Nightmare Tide: Excuse@Deepwood

Quote Originally Posted by Spungey View Post
    Did you folks not understand that this isn't a post about pvp. Some people need to go back to grade school to learn to read again.
    Any post I make like this lands me a 3 day ban lately, so I will just quote them instead.

Shadowlander

tbh i find 51 bd 10 sin 5 rs a better spec that the nb , for what am i concerned i use the shadowdancer on single target focused dps fights with no positional restrictions , and the 51 bladedancer for all the rest .. and i assure u i can compete with the warriors on both ST and AoE even if they have the 4 piece 30 % bonus .. all u have to master is the timing on using your dances , .
    example : u start with BSP , so u can guarantee 100 % crystal powerup cuz u crit 100 % in after 5 DS are fully charged , then u pop up dualism and hopefully at that point of the fight both voj and FB are up ( well we sync it around 90 % of the boss' life )then u fill with blade tempo or double coup , depending if u need more aoe or single target burst , rinse and repeat ...
    ah and the best thing is seeing 3000+ hits with precision strike and quick strike )

Quote Originally Posted by Ending View Post
    tbh i find 51 bd 10 sin 5 rs a better spec that the nb , for what am i concerned i use the shadowdancer on single target focused dps fights with no positional restrictions , and the 51 bladedancer for all the rest .. and i assure u i can compete with the warriors on both ST and AoE even if they have the 4 piece 30 % bonus .. all u have to master is the timing on using your dances , .
    example : u start with BSP , so u can guarantee 100 % crystal powerup cuz u crit 100 % in after 5 DS are fully charged , then u pop up dualism and hopefully at that point of the fight both voj and FB are up ( well we sync it around 90 % of the boss' life )then u fill with blade tempo or double coup , depending if u need more aoe or single target burst , rinse and repeat ...
    ah and the best thing is seeing 3000+ hits with precision strike and quick strike )

Realy?

Is there any chance i could see a parse of your encounter if ur competing with warriors? I would be every grateful, i was playing arround with bladancer alot and i mean alot cause his sinergy cristal realy has potential, but what always brought me down were crappy or bad designed rotations.

Any chance u could post some rotations as i am very interested in seeing how u managed to do it.
    Last edited by Igneel; 12-09-2011 at 12:20 AM.

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Igneel View Post
    Realy?

Is there any chance i could see a parse of your encounter if ur competing with warriors? I would be every grateful, i was playing arround with bladancer alot and i mean alot cause his sinergy cristal realy has potential, but what always brought me down were crappy or bad designed rotations.

Any chance u could post some rotations as i am very interested in seeing how u managed to do it.
    Without any crystals, I do:

FoS: Flash of Steel
    KS: Keen Strike
    QS: Quick Strike
    PS: Precision Strike
    Pun: Puncture
    DS: Deadly Strike
    BSP: Blade and Soul Parity
    DC: Double Coup
    Dualism
    BT: Blade Tempo

Keep Expose Weakness on CD
    FoS-KS-QS-KS-DS BSP
    PS-KS-QS-KS-DS
    Pun-QS-KS-KS-DS
    PS-KS-QS-KS-DS DC
    Pun-QS-KS-KS-DS
    PS-KS-QS-KS-DS
    Pun-QS-KS-KS-DS Dualism
    PS-KS-KS-DS
    QS-KS-Pun-DS
    QS-KS-QS-DS
    KS-PS-KS-DS BT
    Pun-KS-QS-KS-DS
    QS-KS-QS-KS-KS-DS
    PS-KS-QS-KS-DS
    Now go back to line 2 and repeat until the boss is dead if it isn't already.

That is the most efficient rotation I could come up with. With the crystal I think the only change is you get to lengthen BSP and drop either Dualism or BT (personally I'd drop Dualism, because it really breaks the flow of 2CP-1CP-1CP-1CP).
    Last edited by Pink Freud; 12-09-2011 at 08:44 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast