+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Kokie

Thread: So guys, what have I missed?

Telaran

Default So guys, what have I missed?

Hey guys, I'm thinking about coming back to RIFT, I quit back in 1.4 (when 1.5 was in PTS)
    I had everything cleared but only 2 in HK, my current guild is now 10/11. Would anyone be so kind as to fill me in on all the major changes in the game since I've been gone? (mostly rogue mechanics etc, when I played Sabdancer was still the best rogue dps and warriors beat rogues by a fair amount)

Rogues were really good for a month. Then we got nerfed. Now warriors beat us by a fair amount and mages beat them.

Things are about the same now. Marksman instead of sabdancer though.
    Last edited by Zyzyx; 12-06-2011 at 02:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

Telaran

Is dunsparrow still around?

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Meladath View Post
    Hey guys, I'm thinking about coming back to RIFT, I quit back in 1.4 (when 1.5 was in PTS)
    I had everything cleared but only 2 in HK, my current guild is now 10/11. Would anyone be so kind as to fill me in on all the major changes in the game since I've been gone? (mostly rogue mechanics etc, when I played Sabdancer was still the best rogue dps and warriors beat rogues by a fair amount)
    Not a whole lot of good has happened for rogues since you have been gone, we got hit with a nerf bat right after we got some much needed buffs.

IMO, if your coming back to Rift, and plan on end game raiding, if you want to:

Melee DPS - Reroll a Warrior
    Ranged DPS - Reroll a Mage
    Tank - Reroll a Warrior
    Heal - Reroll a Cleric/Mage
    Play Support - Reroll Mage for Archon, or play your Bard.

Rogues are really only needed for 1 slot in the 20 man raids at the moment, and that is to Bard and collect any leather tank loot that drops so it doesnt rot.

Maybe one day we will get a buff though!

/QQ off

Telaran

I have a warrior, only geared for t1 raiding sadly, but still, is it really worth the reroll? I mean before I left I was contemplating it, is it still that bad?

I have a warrior, only geared for t1 raiding sadly, but still, is it really worth the reroll? I mean before I left I was contemplating it, is it still that bad?
    Worse.

Now warriors do more aoe than rogues. Back in 1.4 we at least had that to hold on to. Sab's aoe got reduced in a 15% reduction to residual shrapnel. Warriors got 35% more aoe damage in their new item.(synergy crystal)
    Last edited by Zyzyx; 12-06-2011 at 04:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

Telaran

Oh dear god, so the aoe that was the only thing we had better than warrs and that got nerfed too? wtf.....

Damn it trion L2balance

Oh dear god, so the aoe that was the only thing we had better than warrs and that got nerfed too? wtf.....

Damn it trion L2balance
    Yup. Though ranged builds are a lot better then they were comparatively. Mages will outdps you single target and aoe, but physical damage ranged has uses on some encounters.

Instead of range being 2/3 of melee classes, you can play a ranged class and only be maybe 10-15% behind ST, aoe maybe 3/4 of wars or mages.
    Last edited by Mayi; 12-06-2011 at 09:08 PM.
    I rite a gooded guide for rouges.

NB-Sin Guide - http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...-sin-spec.html

RIFT Fan Site Operator Dunharrow's Avatar

when I played Sabdancer was still the best rogue dps and warriors beat rogues by a fair amount
    Now there are multiple competing rogue specs for DPS, and warriors and mages both beat rogues by a fair amount.

Keep in mind that if you're awesome, you can still do well. If you like rogue then I wouldn't reroll. Our guild has decent mages and warriors, but myself and another rogue rarely if ever get beaten on AoE or ST. The maximum potential DPS of rogues is significantly below warriors and mages, but unless you're in a bleeding edge guild I wouldn't worry too much.

We still do enough DPS that having all-rogue DPS is plenty to meet DPS checks, and bard is more fun with the ability to buff everyone with 3 fanfares. Rogue tanking is bottom of the barrel now, but it's still strong enough to complete encounters and steamroll T2s.

Our DPS is still roughly competitive (although you will have to work a LOT harder to keep up) and we're not a liability if you aren't tanking. That's what's important to me.

Rogues are not number one in dps, but raid leaders will still bring them because they can be useful in that job. It's not that bad, but could be better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    I believe Assassin DoTs are uncleansable.

It's still a terrible PvP spec compared to Marksman, though.

+ Reply to Thread