+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Upgrade path question...

Soulwalker

Default Upgrade path question...

First of all, I am using http://www.tinyurl.com/roguebestinslot as a guide of what to upgrade per slot (upgrading based on current attainability). Kudos to whoever made that spreadsheet. I normally play a MM/ranger or MM/assassain spec (i've been a MM since before they got buffed)

So I just made Rank 8 and am starting to PVP grind the gear that is supposed to be BiS for rogues. until later bosses of hammerknell. My main concern now is breaking up the 4 piece bonus from the MM synergy crystal, as I replace pieces with better BiS stuff (from R8 PVP, few drops from HK{2/11} and RotP{1/5}) is it worth breaking up the set and making the synergy crystal useless?

Or should I wait until I at least get 2 greater mark HK pieces to get the bonuses from that set?

Banned

If you want to know, based on your existing gear, what you should be grinding for you should use RiftUpgrades.com instead.

As for the question, I'd try to keep the crystal bonus until you can replace 4 pieces for the next upgrade. That's what I'm doing right now actually, trying to always keep 4 pieces of the Mark gear until I can get a few good drops and some greater marks to make a huge difference.
    Last edited by Traciatim; 12-06-2011 at 11:49 AM.

Soulwalker

I have used that DPS planner before, but from what i can tell - its not updated to include new RotP drops.

Banned

It has been, for instance take a rogue DPS and put None in the rings field. Hit view upgrades and find "Spiked Flameband" right up there.

Rift Disciple

Don't break up your 4pc set until you can get two pieces of a HK set.

Edit: I'm in the same situation, by the way. I've got superior gear sitting in my bags, waiting for my second piece. The crystal is too important to give up.
    Last edited by jazzbrownie; 12-08-2011 at 10:52 AM.

+ Reply to Thread