+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: What lessers to go for as a PVP rogue?

Soulwalker

Default What lessers to go for as a PVP rogue?

Hey fellow rogues! What lessers should I aim for as a PVP rogue? I'm currently rank 4 with crap lessers, should I go for all the 6 PvP ones? or go for some Crit Pve ones? or mayeb even Mix? oOoO

Advice would be cool!

I have also wondered the same thing. My R8 rogue guildie says that he uses all 6 PvP lessers to max out valor. I guess maxed out valor is worth more then about 100+ more AP/Pcrit from better PvE lessers? I always thought that you would take the best 4 PvP lessers and supplement the rest but what do I know =P

Rift Disciple

Valors the way to go, yo, bro

Champion

Hi,

I would personallly run 2-3 pvp ones (the most expensiv for rogue, and maybe 1 from the warrior 's ones)
    then I use the lessers T2 ones (the ones for 100 shards).
    I still have 1K+ valor for 40%+ damage reduction.

Keep in mind that pvp essences, compared to T2 pve essences, have :
    33 valor which is about 1.25% damage reduction
    Some also have some endurance bonuses that gives for HP.

But, T2 essences have 19 to a specific resist, that is 3% damage reduction to one element, and some chances to 'avoid' the spell as well. And also way more bonuses. that's why I prefer them even when it's about pvp.

If you compare Nihilist's Wrath with best T2 lessers for instance, the pvp ones has an average 'utility score' of 54(+33valor) and some T2 lessers have 69(+19 to one resist).

This also depends on your specc and playstyle, if u need more survability go for 6 pvp ones, if you want balanced dps and survability you'd better mix both.

About crit or AP, same thing : Usually rogues easily reach critic soft cap when P8 so AP is more than welcome. But again, it depends on your specc.

"A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords at dawn..".

Until they update pvp lessers, I suppose.

I run 2 cores for pvp. One is a BiS AP core with t2 lessers in a pvp machine, the other is a full out 248 valor core.

I use the AP core on my assassin, I swap to the valor core for my mm.

Why? Relative survivability and escape ability. Its the same reason why I use 4 piece hk for assassin, but full valor gear for MM.

You just get beat on so much more as MM in group fights, and there's not much you can do about it if they decide to focus you.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by MoonfireSpam View Post
    Until they update pvp lessers, I suppose.

I run 2 cores for pvp. One is a BiS AP core with t2 lessers in a pvp machine, the other is a full out 248 valor core.

I use the AP core on my assassin, I swap to the valor core for my mm.

Why? Relative survivability and escape ability. Its the same reason why I use 4 piece hk for assassin, but full valor gear for MM.

You just get beat on so much more as MM in group fights, and there's not much you can do about it if they decide to focus you.
    +1
    depends on specc and on the rest of your stuff. The aim is to have a balanced survability & dps , a nb/rs build for instance, has enough survability (in my opinion) so it doesn't need full valor machine, unlike a MM build.
    Some warrior pvp lessers have very low utility for a dps build besides the 33 valor...
    Last edited by Gaaz; 12-06-2011 at 07:00 AM.

If your running a tanky build with lots of deflect I would go 4 epic valor lessers, 2 heal on deflect.

Otherwise just a full six epic valor sigil.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Zeypher View Post
    If your running a tanky build with lots of deflect I would go 4 epic valor lessers, 2 heal on deflect.

Otherwise just a full six epic valor sigil.
    I was thinking of running some greater heal on deflect ones in a deflect build, but which ones do u have in mind? I would maybe rather just go for Arkryon's Mirror..idk

Plane Touched

Despite what the carebears tell you, Valor is a heavier stat weight in pvp above all else.

you can take the easy route and stack all lessers with +valor. or Just recently i've decided to drop 2
    of the blue lessers for epic ones.

Though valor is still a better stat upgrade...... (surviving in pvp > how big your crit was before you got 3 shot)
    i've been able to boost my dmg and still stay as surviveable with just 1125 valor. But that's easy to do when you're ghostin on people with 51 sin. <3

-Venekor
    Last edited by yayoh; 12-06-2011 at 08:25 AM.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by yayoh View Post
    Despite what the carebears tell you, Valor is a heavier stat weight in pvp above all else.
    You definitly need to argue a little more...Besides what I said above about valor essences benefits towards pve essences , even in terms of survability(1.25% all dmg reduction vs 3% to a resist -> know your enemy), the other post about deflection and heal on deflect can add even more survability.

So definitly, you need to argue more...especially if you play 51 sin, which is nowadays quite debatable as a pvp specc and often synonymous with 'poor pvp exeperienced player' (I m not saying you are, i m saying you need to argue your statements...)

There isn't 1 and only BiS list for pvp gear that suits all speccs, ranks and situations...

I use all PvP essences, need to get the last 2 warrior valor ones but i got the 1 already. Valor > all if you are alone. Unless you are killing a healer and he is alone valor will win. Im currently R7 and i fare better with my valor sigil than my AP sigil with 6 T2 lessers in it. You can never have enough damage reduction as a NB/RS. Almost every WF i go 0 deaths and once in a while die once. Top 3 KBs too, usually roam alone in codex and such. Too many times ive escaped adds with 5-10% for me to lower valor.

Atm im playing MM/RS and i still use my valor sigil. Only time i would replace valor is with deflect healing greaters/trinket.
    Gnarlwood - Belladonna - P50 Rogue
    Seastone - Puandro - P24 Mage
    Im here for the PvE, not the unbalanced subpar PvP.
    Just Waiting...

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Gaaz View Post
    You definitly need to argue a little more...Besides what I said above about valor essences benefits towards pve essences , even in terms of survability(1.25% all dmg reduction vs 3% to a resist -> know your enemy), the other post about deflection and heal on deflect can add even more survability.

So definitly, you need to argue more...especially if you play 51 sin, which is nowadays quite debatable as a pvp specc and often synonymous with 'poor pvp exeperienced player' (I m not saying you are, i m saying you need to argue your statements...)

There isn't 1 and only BiS list for pvp gear that suits all speccs, ranks and situations...

If you think that about 51 sin then you clearly have yet to pvp in rift. Youl have fun once you start

all 33 valor runes.

Quote Originally Posted by yayoh View Post
    If you think that about 51 sin then you clearly have yet to pvp in rift. Youl have fun once you start
    I doubt he has only played just one spec, you fail.

It might be better for pvp than 51mm/15sin ,but it does less aoe dmg so I don't use it for pve.

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast