+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Nihilist's Shiv vs Conqueror's Longsword

Rift Disciple

Default Nihilist's Shiv vs Conqueror's Longsword

So. I'm pretty high up on my physical crit.
    I think as it stands without additional ability buffs, just gear and PA boosts at around 43%.
    As I have a few trees that I can still explore that will add Dex to my base stats, I started thinking...Why not upgrade to the Warrior's Longsword from the PVP Vendor. instead of pcrit, it offers +21 to Attack Power. I PVP in my Durnes Helmet with +HIT and the DPS ring from RotP, so I don't miss often. As it stands, I'm at about 122 HIT with what I wear into the WF or the field.

I jumped over to EI to take a couple of swings with the new beast (it offers marginally higher dps) on some baddies. and it feels like I'm swinging an anvil. If it can be described like that. The animations seemed to skip. I'm not sure if I was missing and that was wrong, it could have been lag.

I don't know what happened, but I might have possilbly wasted around 130k favor or whatever buying this sword. I only tested in with a few swings, so it could have just been latency and me overreacting, but I literally turned my off-hand into a stat dump. Now I know how casters feel with their wands.

Anyone know if this is something that is a known problem? Or am i the only stupid rogue to try and dps with a Warrior Sword?

Rift Chaser

If you have all of your rank 8 gear then you are probably at or over the soft crit cap. Depending on spec I actually prefer the swords. Nightblade and MM specs are two obvious choices as well as bard and perhaps sab.

To answer your question - get a set of both.
    formerly - Acedia/Poeia/lol/level

liil

RIFT Fan Site Operator Dunharrow's Avatar

Air Attunement - Dagger. Elsewise - Sword.

Rift Disciple

Default Now what about proc rates? Main hand vs Off

Quote Originally Posted by Dunharrow View Post
    Air Attunement - Dagger. Elsewise - Sword.
    Thanks for the replies.

I'm pretty deep in the Air attunement, probably about 2/3 through Tier 2 and have also picked up the DPS modifiers for the Dagger, in the other plane. I picked up the longsword as a stat dump for Marksman, but also is my best DPS item, aside from the shiv for melee. I guess I should have picked up the shiv first and I am running melee more often, especially solo.

How do DPS modifiers translate into actual DPS damage? I'm working through Fire/Death right now and if the offhand weapon isn't 1:1 with main, I'm thinking about keeping Lightning Glyph on one and "Fire whetstone" or "Vampiric Essence" on the main hand.

Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Drazzzen View Post

How do DPS modifiers translate into actual DPS damage? I'm working through Fire/Death right now and if the offhand weapon isn't 1:1 with main, I'm thinking about keeping Lightning Glyph on one and "Fire whetstone" or "Vampiric Essence" on the main hand.

Thoughts?
    the whetstone will effect both your main and off hand as well as ranged even it put on your off hand. whetstones add to your dps, not the dps of the weapon.
    only reason I run vamp is I am too lazy to grab fine whets off my warrior all too often :P

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Taleon View Post
    the whetstone will effect both your main and off hand as well as ranged even it put on your off hand. whetstones add to your dps, not the dps of the weapon.
    only reason I run vamp is I am too lazy to grab fine whets off my warrior all too often :P
    Well guess who's been gimping themselves? Although I do run with lightning glyph up on both. how does AP compare with DPS modifiers?

Well guess who's been gimping themselves? Although I do run with lightning glyph up on both. how does AP compare with DPS modifiers?
    Whetstones > anything from PA tree
    will get the thread and link the discussion

http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...ant-tests.html
    Last edited by Taleon; 12-06-2011 at 11:08 AM.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Taleon View Post
    Whetstones > anything from PA tree
    will get the thread and link the discussion

http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...ant-tests.html
    Lets hope he takes your advice.

Whetstones are better.
    Good,Bad? I'm the one with the Gun.
    This is my BOOMSTICK
    Rank 40 Defiant Rogue 11/11HK
    Gaming Rig

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Wytchblades View Post
    Lets hope he takes your advice.

Whetstones are better.
    Level 50, almost 3 tiers filled in PA, Rank 8, Full T1 set and I'm still such a NUB.

Guess I'm focusing on fire now on. Plus the port to EI is better than the port to Gloamwood IMHDO.

(the D stands for Defiant)

would not say that is being a nub mate,
    many people have facts in front of them, where others, have done tons of testing to prove different things, and they still flat out ignore the facts when they are place before them, that is the nub.
    Not the person that is able to see what they thought might not have been correct and be willing to change for the better :P

Rift Disciple

Level 50, almost 3 tiers filled in PA, Rank 8, Full T1 set and I'm still such a NUB.

Guess I'm focusing on fire now on. Plus the port to EI is better than the port to Gloamwood IMHDO.

(the D stands for Defiant)
    and see...I called it T1 (whatever durnes is...T3)?

+ Reply to Thread