+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Rapid Fire bugged?

Default Rapid Fire bugged?

Ok after some testing on live server with Electrified Munitions buff.

Each attack from Strafe and Crossfire get the EM buff.

However with Rapid Fire only the initial hit gets the EM buff but the additional attacks it procs doesn't?

Intended or bugged?

- If Intended can one of you link the Dev post confirming this?

- If not, can you see if its not me that sees this bug?

Rift Disciple

It's intended, and I don't think there's a dev post comfirming it. The abilities you mention that proc EM multiple times are channeled and occur over multiple gcd's. It would just be silly if rapid fire shot proc'ed EM five times in a single gcd.

Edit: Removed quote, don't know why I put it there in the first place.
    Last edited by jazzbrownie; 12-05-2011 at 10:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzbrownie View Post
    It's intended, and I don't think there's a dev post comfirming it. The abilities you mention that proc EM multiple times are channeled and occur over multiple gcd's. It would just be silly if rapid fire shot proc'ed EM five times in a single gcd.

Maybe... but I do find Rapid Fire useless without the procs and low on damage.

Rift Disciple

That's... odd. It always hits very hard for me, making up around 17% of my damage in single-target raid encounters (I think). Perhaps your crit rating isn't high enough to see how deadly it can be?

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Toxen View Post
    Not trying to sound rude but your gear must be terrible because my RFS hits like a truck. Disclaimer: i wear full P8 pvp gear

On a 5x crit my RFS does around 8200 fully raid buffed, its amazingly powerful, but you need the critical rating to make use of it a non crit is pretty low.

Lol really? Even for my rank 1 MM with awful crit RFS is still my highing damaging finisher.
    "If the young are not initiated into the Village, they will burn it down just to feel it's warmth"

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Zaiana View Post
    Lol really? Even for my rank 1 MM with awful crit RFS is still my highing damaging finisher.
    Yup, RFS is amazing damage.

RIFT Fan Site Operator Dunharrow's Avatar

Ok after some testing on live server with Electrified Munitions buff.

Each attack from Strafe and Crossfire get the EM buff.

However with Rapid Fire only the initial hit gets the EM buff but the additional attacks it procs doesn't?

Intended or bugged?

- If Intended can one of you link the Dev post confirming this?

- If not, can you see if its not me that sees this bug?
    Rapid Fire Shot is a single attack that hits 5 times. It procs a single Silver Tip, a single Electrified, etc. Its very obvious that this is the intended functionality, not a bug. A dev does not need to post to say something is not a bug. Its obviously not.

Yeah same here. It really sucks having a single ability account for 17% of my damage on most fights.
    Last edited by Dunharrow; 12-05-2011 at 01:16 PM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by jazzbrownie View Post

Edit: Removed quote, don't know why I put it there in the first place.
    Well, technically based on the description of the skill, it probably should have a chance to proc X per shot fired. But would probably be OP at lower levels and lower gear levels while mattering little at upper gear levels when RFS can hit for 10K+.

RFS is honestly how I would like to see a lot of the cast time attacks in MM/Rgr, the multiple shots with low baseline damage, inherently scales incredibly well.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Dunharrow View Post
    Rapid Fire Shot is a single attack that hits 5 times. It procs a single Silver Tip, a single Electrified, etc. Its very obvious that this is the intended functionality, not a bug. A dev does not need to post to say something is not a bug. Its obviously not.
    Technically, RFS is 5 simultaneous attacks each doing an independent range of damage. It is not a single attack, each shot can hit for a different amount of damage. It is basically Strafe in a GCD.

Some of the issue is that the way Silver/VM/EM work currently is they have a chance to proc on use of an ability, not on an attack. We are effectively lucky that EM procs 5 times for strafe. Probably a weirdness in the way Strafe is coded.

Ok, so after finishing with some real life stuff here are some things.

When using Rapid Fire 5 times

Testing: Unbuffed, sitting still (passive), and 5 combo pre-made set up

Round 1: 456, 489, 459, 457, 772
    Round 2: 772, 772, 459, 498, 461
    Round 3: 772, 482, 475, 466, 772
    Round 4: 772, 772, 772, 483, 467
    Round 5: 456, 491, 476, 488, 459

Note: Crits are bolded.

So my question is, since people are claiming its doing around 5k-10k per use, how much crit is needed?

I am at, unbuffed:

717 Dex
    678 Atk = 67.8
    940 crit = 35.64%
    Last edited by Toxen; 12-05-2011 at 05:15 PM.

I also have another question if this is bugged or not.

Since [Rapid Fire] is considered one ability and by theory all the shots are the same, why is it that [Bull's Eye] doesn't help with crits?

Like the first initial shot crits and it eats up [Bull's Eye] but then the other 4 shots don't crit.
    Last edited by Toxen; 12-05-2011 at 05:43 PM.

I also have another question if this is bugged or not.

Since [Rapid Fire] is considered one ability and by theory all the shots are the same, why is it that [Bull's Eye] doesn't help with crits?

Like the first initial shot crits and it eats up [Bull's Eye] but then the other 4 shots don't crit.
    Ability =/= Attack.

Bulls eye causes the next attack to crit.

Either way, you have to realise at most it's just a tooltip innaccuracy you're getting at here. These moves work the way they do so they are not overtuned, they don't need stupidly long tooltips that say how every other ability affects this ability for you to be able to figure out how it works.

5xCrit all in one burst would be insane.
    Last edited by Zaiana; 12-05-2011 at 06:33 PM.
    "If the young are not initiated into the Village, they will burn it down just to feel it's warmth"

Quote Originally Posted by Dunharrow View Post

Yeah same here. It really sucks having a single ability account for 17% of my damage on most fights.
    You just linked a parse to a boss with a like 200% dmg increase crystal. That parse is kinda skewed. While RFS even in raids does sustain 10-14% of your dmg on any ST encounter.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast