+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 16 to 26 of 26

Thread: Rapid Fire bugged?

  1. #16
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    82

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Toxen View Post
    Ok, so after finishing with some real life stuff here are some things.

    When using Rapid Fire 5 times

    Testing: Unbuffed, sitting still (passive), and 5 combo pre-made set up

    Round 1: 456, 489, 459, 457, 772
    Round 2: 772, 772, 459, 498, 461
    Round 3: 772, 482, 475, 466, 772
    Round 4: 772, 772, 772, 483, 467
    Round 5: 456, 491, 476, 488, 459

    Note: Crits are bolded.


    So my question is, since people are claiming its doing around 5k-10k per use, how much crit is needed?

    I am at, unbuffed:

    717 Dex
    678 Atk = 67.8
    940 crit = 35.64%
    Completely unbuffed, I'm at 818 AP with a R8 rifle; with 10x Silver-Tipped and Increased Fire Power bumping me up to 1004 AP, my RFS crits for 1171 on the boss dummy, and I've seen crits in the 1600-1700 range with full raid buffs/debuffs up.

  2. #17
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,105

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Toxen View Post
    Ok, so after finishing with some real life stuff here are some things.

    When using Rapid Fire 5 times

    Testing: Unbuffed, sitting still (passive), and 5 combo pre-made set up

    Round 1: 456, 489, 459, 457, 772
    Round 2: 772, 772, 459, 498, 461
    Round 3: 772, 482, 475, 466, 772
    Round 4: 772, 772, 772, 483, 467
    Round 5: 456, 491, 476, 488, 459

    Note: Crits are bolded.


    So my question is, since people are claiming its doing around 5k-10k per use, how much crit is needed?

    I am at, unbuffed:

    717 Dex
    678 Atk = 67.8
    940 crit = 35.64%
    You have newbie gear. My non-crits on RFS hit harder than your crits. In raid, RFS is generally around 8-10K and out of raid it is generally 6-8K per.

  3. #18
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,105

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Toxen View Post
    I also have another question if this is bugged or not.

    Since [Rapid Fire] is considered one ability and by theory all the shots are the same, why is it that [Bull's Eye] doesn't help with crits?

    Like the first initial shot crits and it eats up [Bull's Eye] but then the other 4 shots don't crit.
    Because it is 5 shots in 1 GCD. Each shot is calculated independently and BE only gets applied to the first one. AKA BE has been useless for months.

  4. #19
    RIFT Guide Writer Gyle's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    2,009

    Default

    the underwhelming RFS numbers are definitely a function of your gear level. As your gear improves you will find Rapid Fire Shot to be one of the highest damage per second abilities rogues have, and probably the second highest individual damage finisher (SoD being the highest by far).

    I think the biggest smile i have had in this game was watching a string of RFS crits for 15k+ each with the crystal buff on the last boss of RoTP. Obviously that is a function of the buff, but none the less RFS is a huge damage finisher, and if you are not seeing it as such, you will as your gearing improves.
    Hastati (50 warrior), Tsar (50 cleric), Tsaritsa (50 Mage)
    Guides: 51 Bladedancer, Bloodstalker, Nightblade
    DPS Rogue <Trinity>
    5/8 ID; HK Conqueror

  5. #20
    RIFT Fan Site Operator Dunharrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,665

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Durango View Post
    Because it is 5 shots in 1 GCD. Each shot is calculated independently and BE only gets applied to the first one. AKA BE has been useless for months.
    Yeah, gotta love that useless talent. Its worth about 1k damage every minute and a half, so like 10 DPS or so. Whoop.

  6. #21
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,105

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gyle View Post
    the underwhelming RFS numbers are definitely a function of your gear level. As your gear improves you will find Rapid Fire Shot to be one of the highest damage per second abilities rogues have, and probably the second highest individual damage finisher (SoD being the highest by far).

    I think the biggest smile i have had in this game was watching a string of RFS crits for 15k+ each with the crystal buff on the last boss of RoTP. Obviously that is a function of the buff, but none the less RFS is a huge damage finisher, and if you are not seeing it as such, you will as your gearing improves.
    Honestly, for RoTP last boss, give the crystal to the bard. Insanity will ensue. IIRC, Cadence was hitting for 10K per tick in 10MM/5RS. Need to try it in BD subspec. For some reason both RFS and cadence get an insane increase from the crystal. Other MM attacks, not so much.

  7. #22
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,105

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dunharrow View Post
    Yeah, gotta love that useless talent. Its worth about 1k damage every minute and a half, so like 10 DPS or so. Whoop.
    Yeah they probably need to rework it to a +% crit buff for X seconds. Ever since they made it so it didn't work with strafe, its been pretty useless. Something like +5% crit +1% crit for each point above 31 for 5s + 1s for each point above 31 would probably work well and put MM closer to where it should be. Or even .5%/.5s for each point above 31.

    Would make it somewhat more interesting weaving in at the right times with the other CDs.

  8. #23
    RIFT Fan Site Operator Dunharrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,665

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Durango View Post
    Yeah they probably need to rework it to a +% crit buff for X seconds. Ever since they made it so it didn't work with strafe, its been pretty useless. Something like +5% crit +1% crit for each point above 31 for 5s + 1s for each point above 31 would probably work well and put MM closer to where it should be. Or even .5%/.5s for each point above 31.

    Would make it somewhat more interesting weaving in at the right times with the other CDs.
    Do we really need more crit though?

  9. #24
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    82

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dunharrow View Post
    Do we really need more crit though?
    I dunno about you, but I'd rather crit than not crit, all else being equal. MM could use more cooldowns to make Rapid Reload feel more useful and to have something to use during burn phases.

    That said, that's the kind of small tweak that should really take a back seat compared to other issues.

  10. #25
    Koe
    Koe is offline
    Ascendant Koe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,198

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Toxen View Post
    Ok, so after finishing with some real life stuff here are some things.

    When using Rapid Fire 5 times

    Testing: Unbuffed, sitting still (passive), and 5 combo pre-made set up

    Round 1: 456, 489, 459, 457, 772
    Round 2: 772, 772, 459, 498, 461
    Round 3: 772, 482, 475, 466, 772
    Round 4: 772, 772, 772, 483, 467
    Round 5: 456, 491, 476, 488, 459

    Note: Crits are bolded.


    So my question is, since people are claiming its doing around 5k-10k per use, how much crit is needed?

    I am at, unbuffed:

    717 Dex
    678 Atk = 67.8
    940 crit = 35.64%


    No matter what build, you want to aim for ~1020-1040 crit.

    You want 1187 raid buffed.

    104 from Archon/Bard buffs, 5% dex(let's simplifiy +40), and +35 from cheap vial.

    179 crit.

    So, ideally, you want to sit at 1008 crit.



    This does NOT count +x% buffs. The +5% crit from ranger/assassin/etc does NOT count towards this number.
    Free music! It's legal!
    DISCLAIMER: Some songs may have been taken down.

  11. #26
    Champion of Telara aileen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,247

    Default

    It's not bugged, It's intended main idea on rapid fire shot, Its working like detonated charges only 1st tick procs even thou as your gear improves your RFS dmg improves so much before crystals when people using Sozu's spec they were still using RFS because of DPS gain from it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyle View Post
    the underwhelming RFS numbers are definitely a function of your gear level. As your gear improves you will find Rapid Fire Shot to be one of the highest damage per second abilities rogues have, and probably the second highest individual damage finisher (SoD being the highest by far).

    I think the biggest smile i have had in this game was watching a string of RFS crits for 15k+ each with the crystal buff on the last boss of RoTP. Obviously that is a function of the buff, but none the less RFS is a huge damage finisher, and if you are not seeing it as such, you will as your gearing improves.
    Crystal increases damage so ridiculously, my fiery spike was critting 5k dot damage, SoD was doing 18k dmg... (51nb/10mm/5rs) pity you can't get crystal for 5min if you use it and only for 30sec :P
    RemoveBuff a simple addon for replacing cancelbuff command.
    Addons updated for 4.3: RiftMeter, BiSCaL, RiftActionBarCooldowns, GCDDisplay
    Gadgets 0.11, updated for 4.3
    Softcap values for current prime (Level 60), Why trion bankrupted in nutshell
    a.k.a Aileenbor <Special Olympics> @ Icewatch

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts