+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Tigruz

Thread: Just rerolled a rogue to PVP

Soulwalker

Default Just rerolled a rogue to PVP

I have a 25 cleric and an 18 Warrior, apparently warriors are bad and clerics are only good at healing so i rolled a rogue, should i have not done that?

Obviously warriors are no, i should probably play my cleric but i dont know?

Quote Originally Posted by casper the goose View Post
    I have a 25 cleric and an 18 Warrior, apparently warriors are bad and clerics are only good at healing so i rolled a rogue, should i have not done that?

Shaman/Justicar/X soul combination for PvP unless you actually like healing... or prefer Cabalist for ranged dps rather than Shaman for melee. Once geared we're not to be trifled with by just anyone. The only rogue you really need to worry about at R8 is an NB/RS or possibly an MM soul. Even then the rogue isn't as tough as everyone makes them out to be. Usually it's just low rank or, dare I say it, bad players complaining about rogues.

Stick with your cleric, do plenty of research and experimentation, pvp every chance you get to gain experience and don't be afraid to ask other clerics for advice.
    Last edited by Gualtiero; 12-04-2011 at 10:52 PM.

Yeah stay cleric for pvp. They are crazy OP right now and can outheal an entire teams dps solo if the skill difference is high enough.

On top of that they have the best aoe soul in the game for pvp and are about to get a huge single target boost.

EDIT: holy cow honest cleric post above me

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyzyx View Post
    Yeah stay cleric for pvp. They are crazy OP right now and can outheal an entire teams dps solo if the skill difference is high enough.

On top of that they have the best aoe soul in the game for pvp and are about to get a huge single target boost.

Don't take what Zyzyx says seriously ever when it comes to PvP.

Rogues are great for PvP. If you want a melee spec NB/RS/Sin variants are great specs, as well as the pure 51Sin.

If you want a ranged spec 51MM/15Rng works well, or a 44MM/22RS spec.
    <Retired>

Quote Originally Posted by Zyzyx View Post

Only a team that you're part of Zyx. You have your +60% 35yard aura of fail.

Certainly two dps of any class could take down any healer, and there's plenty of specs that can solo healers in various classes, you'll be delighted to hear yours is one of them.
    "If the young are not initiated into the Village, they will burn it down just to feel it's warmth"

missed edit.

Also, if you're simply looking for the easiest PVP role to play and get results, rogue is definitely it, and it offers you a lot of versatility in terms of PVP builds. I usually swap between bardtank/MM since I'm only rank 1. You can keep an entire team buffless if you find a nice quiet spot with the MM, and the bard is absolutely fantastic due to it's spammable CC and heals, and buffs and debuffs etc etc.

I'd say Mages are quite a bit harder to get good results with, but there is just as much versatility in terms of viable specs, you're a lot squishier but you can burst harder with certain specs. There are equally good support classes to the rogue as well, perfect for still being useful as you rank grind.

Clerics are the masters of healing in warfronts, and can put up pretty big aoe dps numbers, but unless you really like healing I probably wouldn't choose a cleric. It's hard to avoid 1v1 confrontations, esp with half full warfronts, and a cabalist (the aoe dps soul) falls over and dies 1v1.

As for wars, well they don't offer much in terms of support, a good war can be devastating at rank 8 but I wouldn't want to grind up through ranks with a war these days compared to other classes.
    Last edited by Zaiana; 12-04-2011 at 11:44 PM.
    "If the young are not initiated into the Village, they will burn it down just to feel it's warmth"

Quote Originally Posted by Zaiana View Post
    Only a team that you're part of Zyx. You have your +60% 35yard aura of fail.

Certainly two dps of any class could take down any healer, and there's plenty of specs that can solo healers in various classes, you'll be delighted to hear yours is one of them.
    Zaiana!!! You are the rogue that's been assisting me.

I cannot thank you enough!
    <Retired>

Seriusly, Seriusly!!!

What do you mean a warrior is a no no?... The only class able to 4 shot everything in pvp at r8... Im r7 rouge and a r8 warior buldozes me down unless im guardian phase which is a dps loss...

With rouges all ur getting is pain and frustration until you reach r8 and even then wariors are still going to beat the **** out of you.

http://***ung.net/v/41698/71a44e66f6...96154a3f00.jpg

Lol at filter. its F*U*K*U*N*G
    Last edited by Igneel; 12-05-2011 at 12:06 AM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Igneel View Post
    Seriusly, Seriusly!!!

What do you mean a warrior is a no no?... The only class able to 4 shot everything in pvp at r8... Im r7 rouge and a r8 warior buldozes me down unless im guardian phase which is a dps loss...

With rouges all ur getting is pain and frustration until you reach r8 and even then wariors are still going to beat the **** out of you.

Uhh... are you sure you aren't just bad? I don't have any problems taking down warriors, solo or otherwise.

Edit: I'm a rogue, btw.
    Last edited by jazzbrownie; 12-05-2011 at 12:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Igneel View Post
    Seriusly, Seriusly!!!

You get 4 shotted by a warrior?

What spec are you running? 0bard/0Sin/0Sab? I'm shocked.
    <Retired>

Ok let me tell all classes are good at pvp. Itís more the player that sucks at pvp for the most part. It is these bad players who often complain on forums and/or use cookie cutter builds. They have spent to time with the op class and not enough with the under powered class.

O.k. for warrior itís going to rough till lv 30. I have found lower levels are just hard for warrior. Yet there is some good combo. I say full tree up either a reaver, paladin or rift blade. They offer some good pvp aspects. Even at lower level they are loads of fun. Then fill in the blank with either champion or the warrior pvp soul for break free.

O.K> for cleric see above they are the best build for cleric.

O.K. for rogue donít be bad and just roll MM. It is a good build. Built I have found RS and sin/or NB to be a good mix at lower levels. Just stealth, teleport and open up on the poor guy. If you want easy kill. Other wise a fun build a takes some skill in getting hang of is blade dancer.

The key to pvp is skill, as gear does not mean a lot in this game. If you practice, use the worse builds and still own in pvp. Then it builds up on your core abilities. I know some say itís a waste of time. But playing the worse class and build and owning people. It will build skill and at end game makes a huge difference.

Well that my two cents.
    Let freedom ring and all trolls hide under the bridge

Telaran

hi!
    hello!
    herro!
    Last edited by fTsPoLeMoS; 12-05-2011 at 06:00 AM.

+ Reply to Thread