+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Dunharrow

Thread: Changing completly?

Soulwalker

Default Changing completly?

sorry for such a noob question but Ill ask it anyway:

I've rolled a Ranger/Marksman, which is OK and I'm doing OK with it, I've lvl-ed up-to 34 so far, my question is, if I wanted to re-roll for say a Bladedancer would I have to roll a new char or could I change at this stage for one?? I certainly cant see anything with my Rogue trainer apart from buying new roles which keeps offering me what I already am?

Thanks in advance for any help and advice

You can change to any of the souls you have at any time, go to your trainer and click he reset souls option. If you haven't bought the others, you can from your trainer under the Purchase option. It costs 50g each time you reset souls. Don't forget to train up skills after as well

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkon View Post

I've rolled a Ranger/Marksman, which is OK and I'm doing OK with it, I've lvl-ed up-to 34 so far, my question is, if I wanted to re-roll for say a Bladedancer would I have to roll a new char or could I change at this stage for one?? I certainly cant see anything with my Rogue trainer apart from buying new roles which keeps offering me what I already am?

When you change to a different role you shouldn't have any souls or points assigned to it and then you can pick the 3 souls for the role and your points allocation. On top of this you can reset all the points in any role you have as well. You NEVER need to re-roll in Rift.
    Last edited by pkudude; 12-04-2011 at 09:50 PM.

RIFT Fan Site Operator Dunharrow's Avatar

Tell your trainer that you would like to make a purchase. He will sell you your other souls for 20g each. Buy them all, and then you can use them as you like in a new role. Make sure to train your new skills once you have setup your role as you like.

Its actually not very intuitive or obvious and I'm surprised this isn't asked more often. Trion should bring back the old soul quests, but just have them complete automatically, so you only have to go through the act of talking to the NPC for each soul, but not the stupid rift-a-thon.
    Last edited by Dunharrow; 12-04-2011 at 11:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunharrow View Post
    Its actually not very intuitive or obvious and I'm surprised this isn't asked more often.
    ^ This, my "Soulful' achievement is actually dated after my level 50 achievement because i didn't realize you could even get more than the first 3. But to the OP, in the guide in my sig there is a small leveling guide with a good spec, and there are a few in the rogue guides sticky as well. The best part about Rift is that you never have to be the same thing, you can have many roles, many souls, and many different playstyles at the click of a button.
    Hastati (50 warrior), Tsar (50 cleric), Tsaritsa (50 Mage)
    Guides: 51 Bladedancer, Bloodstalker, Nightblade
    DPS Rogue <Trinity>
    5/8 ID; HK Conqueror

Rift Disciple

Default Zero points

When you reset your souls they should have zero points in them. When a soul has zero points it can be switched out by left clicking on it. I think this is what you are missing.

You can do this at any time out of combat, so you can switch from one zero point soul to another if you want, it's not a big deal for rogues, but handy for clerics.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkon View Post

Buy roles! The first two after the one that you already have are fairly cheap. 4 & 5 are 20p & 100p. From there, you can use your roles as you please. My rouge only currently has 3, but is about to have his 4th. One is tank, one is range dps, and one is melee/PVP. My cleric has 4 with two heal specs, a tank spec, and a DPS/raid heal spec. It's wonderful because rift doesn't trap you with one tree forcing you to respec any time you want to play a different role.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunharrow View Post
    Tell your trainer that you would like to make a purchase. He will sell you your other souls for 20g each. Buy them all, and then you can use them as you like in a new role. Make sure to train your new skills once you have setup your role as you like.

Its actually not very intuitive or obvious and I'm surprised this isn't asked more often. Trion should bring back the old soul quests, but just have them complete automatically, so you only have to go through the act of talking to the NPC for each soul, but not the stupid rift-a-thon.
    I've had to help several people out with this.

+ Reply to Thread