+ Reply to Thread

Thread: curious what you guys think of this build

Soulwalker

Default curious what you guys think of this build

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...xh.0VRcxcbVzzM

centered around defense with damage buffs.

main focus is aoeing farming while doing instnaces and such, some pvp thrown in at times. nuthing hardcore.
    Last edited by Syfylegend; 12-03-2011 at 09:15 AM.

Shield of Telara

Sorta similar to the cuisinart build

http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...ove-rogue.html

My first thought is... Blade dancer without Deadly dance.... meh
    Snuggles - R40 Rogue : Snugglybear - R36 Mage
    <The Purge> - Seastone Server

My first thought is you are 2 points short of impale, you don't have any of your ports, and Assassin as an AoE build? I understand what you are trying to do, but i can be done much better.

If you want PvP viability + PvE soloing, with enough AoE to be ok on multiple mob pulls i would go with http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...oo.0VRcxorqzzR you can gank people, you can survive to run away if you need to, and you can solo effectively. This is assuming you are on a PvP shard, if you are not, and you can PvP at will, get 2 specs, one for PvE soloing, and one for PvP.

The guide in my sig outlines what i consider to be the best rogue soloing spec for PvE only. For instances use Hoko's Blink-Blade, it is only a few points different.
    Last edited by Gyle; 12-03-2011 at 11:25 AM.
    Hastati (50 warrior), Tsar (50 cleric), Tsaritsa (50 Mage)
    Guides: 51 Bladedancer, Bloodstalker, Nightblade
    DPS Rogue <Trinity>
    5/8 ID; HK Conqueror

Soulwalker

No, no, no and again no.

That build is similar to something I tried to cook up between Riftstalker with the buffs from Assassin with some infiltrator in it.

It just played out horribly. It was so flawed the idiocy should never have been spawned and was a total waste of respec gold.

I use a 51 assassin spec with just a little infiltrator and bladedancer atm instead pretty happy with that.

I would recommend slimming assassin to 40 points but that is as low as I would go if making melee oriented build.

I'm staying out of Riftstalker since I obviously know very little about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Deekin View Post
    No, no, no and again no.

That build is similar to something I tried to cook up between Riftstalker with the buffs from Assassin with some infiltrator in it.

It just played out horribly. It was so flawed the idiocy should never have been spawned and was a total waste of respec gold.

I use a 51 assassin spec with just a little infiltrator and bladedancer atm instead pretty happy with that.

I would recommend slimming assassin to 40 points but that is as low as I would go if making melee oriented build.

I'm staying out of Riftstalker since I obviously know very little about it.
    I hate to say it but RS is pretty much a must in a lot of different scenerios now.

In PvP yes you can pull it off with said build, but with recent RS buffs you can do it much easier with a minimal amount of points spent.
    "You lost me at Balance"

So... you're making a RS build presumably to take advantage of all the procs off of plane shifts. And then you miss out two of the three important plane shifts, the talent that give you a shield on shifts, and the talents which reduce your cooldown so that at best you'll be able to maintain a less than 25% uptime on your planeshift buffs.

20+ RS or don't bother, IMO, and going that deep in BD without picking up the one talent that's a cornerstone of the tree's DPS is just silly. Same with going that far into Sin for permastealth but not picking up the speed increasing talents, or going that little bit further for Slip Away and Impale.

It looks like you're trying to do too many different things at once, as a result of which the build turns out pretty horrible for all of them.

Your spec I don't believe will accomplish anything in PvP or PvE other than killing open world trash mobs. Not trying to be a ****.

Using your point distribution this is as close as I could come to some what decent.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...Rz.0VRcxkbVzkM

You want to get some heal on deflect greaters and a mirror. With those you wont need scavenger so much.

Also since you want AOE PvE abilities you will most likely be spamming Twin strike so if you wanted you could drop 3 points in BD as long as you keep deadly dance. I normally like to pick up Precision strike because it is a very nice filler as far as physical damage goes.

With 20 points in RS if you are decent enough you will have 0 problems keeping up your shift buffs 100% of the time.

Your rotation will pretty much be

Shift in you'll have 2 combos pop Annihilate, Twin Strike once 1 combo pop Guarded Steel. Now just spam your twin strike.

If someone decides to gank you you will have two decisions.

Warrior or Rogue? Stay in guardian Phase shift to them and play the you gotta beat me game.
    Mage or "Most" Clerics? Switch to stalker phase shift and deeps them down the best you can.

This spec is mainly targetted at PvE, with "some" PvP capabilities. I would disperse the points differently if it were my spec, but I wanted to stick as close to your initial idea as possible, and your intended play style. If I hit it head on awesome, if not then I am sorry for spamming your thread.

One last note: If you are running around in Guardian phase with the lessers and trink then you don't really need to have all those points for HP the passive heals on procs and your poison should be more than enough.
    Last edited by Am0n; 12-04-2011 at 06:32 AM.
    "You lost me at Balance"

Soulwalker

No cloak and dagger when opening with rogue melee. That is gonna hurt even with passive healing. I've tried it.

The buff from subterfuge not there for jagged strike.

Long stealth ability but we crawl slowly.

An enhanced ability for the spammable dps might be good like a stronger savage strike or enhanced keen strike quick strike.

The problem with assassin is that you got abilities that depend on other points in the three that makes the full build work nice.

Just too much synergy dependance like needing impale for bigger mobs to enhance deadly strike as Gyle was trying to get across.

The easiest way I go to get better pve dps is go nightblade 5 points for stronger combo ability damage and 5 points for stronger finisher damage.

Why not replace assassin with nightblade and put rest of points in riftstalker since that one is the pop spec atm?

"I did battle with ignorance today, and ignorance won."

+ Reply to Thread