+ Reply to Thread

Thread: First attempt at my own spec

Shadowlander

Default First attempt at my own spec

So I am trying to work out a Rogue spec, my idea was some HEaling/ mitigation, with ranged pulling, and decent (not top) DPS.

I settled on a Marksman/ Riftstalker/ Assassin

I figured the Leeching poison with the Riftstalker healing would be a nice combo, plus from what I have read they are both decent DPS.

I took Marksman for the Ranged component. I wanted to be able to pull mobs at a distance and whittle them down till they were in front of me, and then just beat the crud out of them.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0MfpM.x.VG0h.MVRcx

I have these macros:

Ranged Pull:
    #show Swift Shot
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Empowered Shot
    Cast Swift Shot

Ranged Finish:
    Hasted Shot

Melee Build:
    #show savage strike
    suppressmacrofailures
    Cast Puncture
    Cast Savage Strike

If there is time (IE the mob is well over 50% health, I will hit Annihilate), otherwise I just build the combo points till it is dead for the healing.

I also Use Expose Weakness whenever it is up, and Rift Disturbance
    I am only level 27, and I am winging this as I go, which is most likely where I have gone wrong (If its not multiple areas). See I can single target AAALLLLLL day long, after that, I fold like a wet piece of paper.

Anyone have any suggestions for me?

Pretty much anything you do will help, you level, rift scavenger will help you stay up as will leeching poisons.

The MM idea is actually very good but stop at 10 points 5% dmg and 25% ap, this will increase your damage considerably.

The optimal for RS is 20 points, this will give you 3 directed teleports, 2 straight line teleports a dps stance and a tank stance.

The rest of the points go assasin, fill out the bottom row complete and work your way up and your build sir will work all the way to 50.

So something like this: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...zdR.VoxI0R.x0x

Which is pretty much where you are going anyway.

Also add Cast Expose weakness to the end of your mellee macros it will cast automatically when you hit it while you are on global cooldowns, stealth in stalker phase and use shadow stalk to appear behind the enemy to assasinate for 2 points, then you go into your macro which would be backstab or puncture 1 builder then final blow to decimate or another couple of builders if you need the hp.

Some would say rift guard but I personally think it is overkill for levelling.
    Last edited by SiliconShadow; 12-03-2011 at 07:40 AM.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by SiliconShadow View Post
    Pretty much anything you do will help, you level, rift scavenger will help you stay up as will leeching poisons.

The MM idea is actually very good but stop at 10 points 5% dmg and 25% ap, this will increase your damage considerably.

The optimal for RS is 20 points, this will give you 3 directed teleports, 2 straight line teleports a dps stance and a tank stance.

The rest of the points go assasin, fill out the bottom row complete and work your way up and your build sir will work all the way to 50.

So something like this: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...zdR.VoxI0R.x0x

Which is pretty much where you are going anyway.
    '

Personally, out of the spec that he listed, I would drop 1 from Boosted Recovery & Great Fortitude and pick up Rift Guard & Imp Rift Guard - but that's just me. Theoretically, you're going to be planeshifting a lot. I promise that dropping an empowered shot into shadow assault will be unloading some serious damage into a target. Rift Guard & Imp rift guard will help reduce downtime - and help especially against multiple mobs since Assassin has absolutely no AoE capability.

If you want a little bit more AoE, I would recommend dropping Assassin for Bladedancer.

Edit - my mistake- You need 5/5 Great Fortitude.

I'd go with something like this
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...dz.V0xGzRz.x0x

Add cast reprisal to the end of all macros (: if you need help sorting out macros, let me know and I'll do what I can
    Last edited by fTsPoLeMoS; 12-03-2011 at 07:45 AM.

Shadowlander

Awesome, Thank you!

I seriously appreciate the help!

+ Reply to Thread