+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Armor

Rift Disciple

Default Armor

I'm a casual player and could use some advice from those higher level and more knowledgeable. I'm currently level 45 and have 3/4 of the purple transplanar armor available in Shimmersand and Stillmoor. If I go for the 4th piece, what's the "bonus" it speaks of? And what kind of synergy crystal would I have to get to make it work?

Also, am I correct that I can't get a synergy crystal until level 48?

And finally, is this armor about as good as it gets, or is there far better stuff dropped in dungeons?

Thanks for any help; I know you guys have all the details.
    Last edited by Darkblooded; 12-02-2011 at 09:05 PM. Reason: spelling

Telaran

Transplanar Synergy Crystals are available in the Planar College in Meridian for 3 Inscribed Sourcestone -- for rogues, you would choose the Necrotic (Death) which gives +20 Dexterity with 4 pieces or the Gilded (Earth) which gives +20 Attack Power. Both require level 48.

Transplanar armor is bottom-tier level 50 gear -- T1 Expert gear is marginally better, and T2 Expert will be a significant upgrade. There is also a variety of crafted and rift reward gear that are all superior.
    Last edited by Eilidh; 12-03-2011 at 02:25 AM.

Rift Disciple

Eilidh, thanks for the very helpful and informative post.

http://rift.zam.com/ Searchable database (doesn't have every item possible but does very well overall) soul calculator; very helpful site in figuring out builds, gear, trade skills, etc.
    Excise <The Fallen Sons>
    Mrfu <The Fallen Sons>
    Brutalsin <The Fallen Sons>

Rift Disciple

Thank you Basdin

I would suggest not bothering with transplanar gear myself. You will be replacing it really,really,really fast.

To the contrary, four set transplanar gear lasts a while. With the synergy crystal's +20 endurance and +20 dexterity, you'll be hard pressed to break that set with any single T1 plaque piece you buy. Best to just save up your plaques until they give significantly better stats overall. The level 45 pants are a prime example... just slightly worse stats than the tier one... -2 for each of three stats.

I held onto my planar gear for a while. Looked spiffy too.

RIFT Fan Site Operator Dunharrow's Avatar

Stop ****ing around and get 50. It will take you like 3 hours or something and you won't have to worry about the garbage armor you're talking about, nor what the terrible set bonus might do during the 5 seconds before you replace it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunharrow View Post
    Stop ****ing around and get 50. It will take you like 3 hours or something and you won't have to worry about the garbage armor you're talking about, nor what the terrible set bonus might do during the 5 seconds before you replace it.
    WTH... I am agreeing with Dun.

But yeah 50 doesn't take to long man. It is probably to late now but what I do on my alts is have a full p1/2 set ready for me for when I ding 50. Just gotta run about 2 hours of wfs and I am good to go.
    "You lost me at Balance"

From Zam:
    Transplanar Leggings, requires level 45--------Betrayer's Leggings (level 50 pvp welfare epic)
    Armor 405---------------------------------------------456
    Dex----20------------------------------------------------21
    Str-----14------------------------------------------------18
    End----12-----------------------------------------------13
    AP-----10----------------------------------------------10

cost 2500 planarite, 5 inscribed-----------------11k favor

If it's an alt, you can planarite voucher from your main. Just as well, you get to equip a full five levels before the pvp welfare epics. Consider this if you're not one of the dorito and pepsi kids. (I hope the formatting stays correct!)

Will post four set stats with synergy crystal versus same four pieces (which I'm thinking one or two pieces will need rank 2 to buy/equip) when I get home. If you're dps not wanting to go the roflstomp way of rank pvp, consider your wonderful q times sans tank or healer. In that regard, better and quicker to grind out your favor and ranks.
    Last edited by Hotter; 12-03-2011 at 08:54 PM.

So I checked the gear on my rogue and I have the four piece transplanar set of: shoulders, legs, feet and gloves. I compared these with 20dex/end synergy crystal to the stats of the level 50 pvp gear and here is what you get equipping the pvp gear instead:

+205 armor
    +19 strength
    -13 dexterity
    -19 endurance
    +1 attack power

Note however the shoulders and legs require pvp rank 2.

Of the transplanar gear, the feet and gloves are equipped at 42, while the legs and shoulder are 45. The synergy crystal for the bonuses requires level 48. It's good stuff while you're leveling and allows you to allocate plaques/favor to other slots first once you ding 50.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Hotter View Post
    From Zam:
    Transplanar Leggings, requires level 45--------Betrayer's Leggings (level 50 pvp welfare epic)
    Armor 405---------------------------------------------456
    Dex----20------------------------------------------------21
    Str-----14------------------------------------------------18
    End----12-----------------------------------------------13
    AP-----10----------------------------------------------10

cost 2500 planarite, 5 inscribed-----------------11k favor

If it's an alt, you can planarite voucher from your main. Just as well, you get to equip a full five levels before the pvp welfare epics. Consider this if you're not one of the dorito and pepsi kids. (I hope the formatting stays correct!)

Will post four set stats with synergy crystal versus same four pieces (which I'm thinking one or two pieces will need rank 2 to buy/equip) when I get home. If you're dps not wanting to go the roflstomp way of rank pvp, consider your wonderful q times sans tank or healer. In that regard, better and quicker to grind out your favor and ranks.
    With favor pots, you could afk 4 or 5 scions next to the boss and go buy your PvP armor. Quit wasting inscribed on stupid sh$t. You will be using a LOT of them when you hit 50. 600 if you want a BiS source machine. Unless you need a water one, then several more hundred. Oops, you may want one with the ranger greater fo ranged specs. Another several hundred. When you are 20 inscribed short and sick to fu&^%ing death of doing invasions, you'll be wishing you didnt buy that crappy armor that you used until you ran a few t2s.

TL;DR Get the PvP armor/crafted items/run some t2s.

Quote Originally Posted by exarkun007 View Post
    With favor pots, you could afk 4 or 5 scions next to the boss and go buy your PvP armor. Quit wasting inscribed on stupid sh$t. You will be using a LOT of them when you hit 50. 600 if you want a BiS source machine. Unless you need a water one, then several more hundred. Oops, you may want one with the ranger greater fo ranged specs. Another several hundred. When you are 20 inscribed short and sick to fu&^%ing death of doing invasions, you'll be wishing you didnt buy that crappy armor that you used until you ran a few t2s.

TL;DR Get the PvP armor/crafted items/run some t2s.
    Not saying you are wrong, but I'd rather get the Favor for that source over the Planarite one.
    "You lost me at Balance"

Because tagging the end boss for 15 inscribed is so hard...

Quote Originally Posted by Hotter View Post
    Because tagging the end boss for 15 inscribed is so hard...
    And having a full set of p1/2 can be done before you ding 40, without even using your pots. Why not do both? Or are you just making a sarcastic comment for the hell of it?
    "You lost me at Balance"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast