+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Gun VS Bow

Soulwalker

Default Gun VS Bow

Any real difference between guns and bows besides the way they look??

Travel times and tracers. (Guns are better)

PA bonuses are in some case exclusive to only the gun or only the bow types of weapon.

No, it doesn't make sense that they do it. No, it doesn't make sense that things like guardian pvp merchs don't give guns and vice versa. But ya, it's that way. If you care about adding weapon-DPS then this is worth knowing
    Last edited by Violacea; 12-02-2011 at 05:49 PM.

Plane Touched

Guns are cool because they sound better and don't have tracers, but PA-leveling for guns sucks (Life and Fire). Whereas the bow PA-leveling is much more useful due to the rest of the bonuses in their respective elements.

Plus the trash gun in HK has better stats than the bow (AP vs Crit).

I've had a gun for a while now and I definitely wouldn't want to trade it for a bow, even if the stats were the same.

Guns are so superior in every way and it makes me depressed, because of course Guardians get bows.
    ~Quiescent

Using a bow when you have alot of distance to the boss/enemy is really disadavantageous, specially on Akylios Stingers, you lose alot of dps because of Shadow Fire/Head Shot/basically all skills/finishers either not connecting or connecting later (you have alot of "unbuffed" hits or misses when people suddenly switch on your target), you have to switch targets sooner and abandon a couple finishers. When you do a Rapid Fire Shot at a 10% stinger with a gun, you will get all the 5 hits in, when you use a bow you are lucky if you get 1 or 2 hits in when multiple people are on the same stinger. On max range (30+35y) the delay is really huge. If you ever see the random gun dropping in HK, try to get it at all cost.
    Last edited by GenjuroK; 12-02-2011 at 08:45 PM.
    Apotheosys/Typhiria
    Genjuro@Typhiria Warrior HM Crucia, HK 11/11, GP HM 4/4, MoM 5/9 World 1st
    Miralda@Brutwacht Rogue HK 11/11, GP HM 4/4 World 4th

Rift Disciple

mine sweet sexy darkelf prefered bows since there werent any crossbows.
    then there was R8 / HK-Gun and it was amasing how much better the gameplay was!
    mob short of hp or boss close before "immune" -> shadowfire or headshot for buffs
    with a bow you had always to think about what you do...
    with a gun you go BLAMBLAMBLAMBLAM *evilgrin*

Guns all the way. If you aren't raiding HK yet, get the gun from Johlen (Royal hunting rifle I think?) as something on par with an R6 bow.

If you get to R8 before going into HK though, you might as well get the bow due to the higher DPS, but just remember.

Guns > Bows.
    60Rog/PR64 - Cleared - FT | EE
    1-button TOTALLY AFK Rogue and Cheerleader for Blitz!

Bang > Twang
    I used to be a rogue like you, then I took an arrow in the knee.

Rift Disciple

Guns are better with Shadow Fire, as it has no travel time so you get the buff instantly.

But bows still generate combo points instantly so its not a big difference at all.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottyAj2 View Post
    Guns are better with Shadow Fire, as it has no travel time so you get the buff instantly.

But bows still generate combo points instantly so its not a big difference at all.
    It does make a difference if your target dies before Shadow Fire hits because then you don't get the buff and you have to wait for it to come off cooldown in order to reapply it. Of course, if you have half a brain you'll be able to determine whether or not you can get a Shadow Fire off before a target dies so it's not a huge issue. However, it is frustrating and it's one more thing that you have to pay attention to. For that very reason when you're using a bow it may work against you to have Shadow Fire in a macro.

This applies to Headshot too (for the buff).
    Last edited by Ninjahax; 12-05-2011 at 12:27 PM.

I prefer bows for the effect and everything. Have't had any upgrade guns available in a while though since I grew out of my R4 gun.
    <Coriolis>
    Archemys

+ Reply to Thread