+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 70
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Let's talk PVP

  1. #46
    Ascendant Tigruz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,930

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowprison View Post
    How? Unless they are 15MM instead of Inf, they will have no ranged capabilities.

    And 15MM version gets completely rolled over by casters.

    Gotta ask, are you using Hit weapons and runes on all available slots?

    If I was running Marksman I'd be using 2 Valorous Deathbringers.
    I have 2 HK weps which equates to 100 hit. I use the R8 gun because my Lightning's Kiss (bow) sucks for PvP.

    Their bleeds slowly take my HP to around ~60% HP, while they can pop Enduring Brew while I try to kite them. About 95% of my arrows will hit them. It's a toss up depending on who the Assassin is. The RS/Sin/BD specs I really have trouble with because they can just blink to me while I cannot do anything to them. Sad thing is they can also dodge my Eradicate

    That Sin/RS/BD variant, along with a warrior heavy block, and a cleric heavy dodge/parry spec are the only specs that give me trouble.

    *edit - I've often contemplated wearing my HK relic gloves and/or helm to make up for some dodge/block/parry problems I experience against those builds, but lately I've been getting a little focused during WF's, so that would be a bad idea.
    Last edited by Tigruz; 12-03-2011 at 11:07 PM.
    <Retired>

  2. #47
    Rift Disciple Locovato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    151

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tigruz View Post
    I have 2 HK weps which equates to 100 hit. I use the R8 gun because my Lightning's Kiss (bow) sucks for PvP.

    Their bleeds slowly take my HP to around ~60% HP, while they can pop Enduring Brew while I try to kite them. About 95% of my arrows will hit them. It's a toss up depending on who the Assassin is. The RS/Sin/BD specs I really have trouble with because they can just blink to me while I cannot do anything to them. Sad thing is they can also dodge my Eradicate

    That Sin/RS/BD variant, along with a warrior heavy block, and a cleric heavy dodge/parry spec are the only specs that give me trouble.

    *edit - I've often contemplated wearing my HK relic gloves and/or helm to make up for some dodge/block/parry problems I experience against those builds, but lately I've been getting a little focused during WF's, so that would be a bad idea.
    That's what i do, relic helm/gloves, and HK rings. I rock 230 hit, and i don't miss a single thing.

    Also, there are very very very few MM's that run RS as their sub soul, more i think about it, possibly 2 that i know of. Even then, a set of rogue bleeds will do 40%+ of a MM's HP pull, not to mention slip away for a re-open, and other cd's to close gaps if needed. Nice things about duels is MM's can't kite in a straight line =P
    Bandita of <Maximation>
    :::: HAMMERKNELL 11/11 ::::
    Prestige Rank 8 Rogue
    Previously: Blackops of <Learn To Play> @ Freeholme

  3. #48
    Ascendant Tigruz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,930

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Locovato View Post
    That's what i do, relic helm/gloves, and HK rings. I rock 230 hit, and i don't miss a single thing.

    Also, there are very very very few MM's that run RS as their sub soul, more i think about it, possibly 2 that i know of. Even then, a set of rogue bleeds will do 40%+ of a MM's HP pull, not to mention slip away for a re-open, and other cd's to close gaps if needed. Nice things about duels is MM's can't kite in a straight line =P
    Hmm your battle group must be slow to learn about the MM/RS then :P

    I learned it from Qan and it's been out doing just about every rogue spec in the WF's these days. More and more rogues are starting to use it that I face and they're doing pretty well with it. It just has some tremendous escape methods while still maintaining decent damage output.

    And ya duels suck for kiting, it would have to be an open world encounter. I will try out the helm/gloves thing next time if I know I won't be taking intense damage.
    <Retired>

  4. #49
    Rift Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    647

    Default

    Oh look, the good Rogues have arrived

    I can vouch for both the 44/22 MM/RS and the 51Sin/15Inf (the build I was thinking of as a good matchup for Chloro/Dom) in duels against any mage including Dominator, horribly hard to deal with both, they have the edge.

    Not OP though, because Rogue is a class that should reward skillful play, and a better played Rogue should beat a Mage 1v1.

    It's the Riftstalker subsoul in group PVP that is tiring.

  5. #50
    Rift Master Fudge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    608

    Default

    Isnt 51sin/15 bd better? you get some nice deadly dance dmg, sidesteps, and a charge (no heal debuff though)
    Infanta
    Hello Kitty
    60 rogue, mage, cleric and working on a worrior

  6. #51
    Ascendant Tigruz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,930

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fudge View Post
    Isnt 51sin/15 bd better? you get some nice deadly dance dmg, sidesteps, and a charge (no heal debuff though)
    If you expect to kill any sort of cleric/mage you NEED a heal debuff.
    <Retired>

  7. #52
    Rift Master Fudge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    608

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mythblade View Post
    Come on guys, my rank 2 mm does better than 80% in almost every other warfronts, and im a scrub. If you are having any problems with this class in pvp you really do need to l2p. Its so easy compared to my mage its not even funny.
    Problem is all the NB/RS are going to be all over you
    Infanta
    Hello Kitty
    60 rogue, mage, cleric and working on a worrior

  8. #53
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2,229

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tigruz View Post
    If you expect to kill any sort of cleric/mage you NEED a heal debuff.
    Are you talking about Anathema?

  9. #54
    Ascendant Tigruz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,930

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Undrsiege View Post
    Are you talking about Anathema?
    It's easily cleansable and on a 30 second CD.
    <Retired>

  10. #55
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,105

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dunharrow View Post
    Sin is terrible. I haven't died to one since like P4. So this whole thread is kinda, meh. I think a Sin/NB/RS hybrid could work but I haven't found the magic combo yet.

    I really think a major part of the solution to PvP is to simplify the PvP tree and make it passive and only work against players.
    Keep sporting the NB/RS mantra. Its amazing how bad that spec really is in PvP, so I fully encourage you to keep singing its praises so yet more people will be easy kills.

  11. #56
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,105

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dunharrow View Post
    Gross overstatement. The only spec I really lose to 1v1 is Dominator, and its not due to the damage, but due to never having enough energy to do any damage. Its maybe the most stupid and frustrating mechanic in any game I've ever played.
    You lose to doms? Really? I kinda think they are free kills, cause ya know, they are!

  12. #57
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,105

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Locovato View Post
    If i had a choice in a build to fight a Chloro/Dom mage (only hard mage to kill) it would be with 51 sin/ 15 infil. And trust me when i say this, the fight can go either way, but since i'v fought plenty of them in open world and duel's, i'm confident i would win in more times then not.

    Exposed > Jagged > Puncture > Foul Play > Backstab > Impale ... <Anathema + Skill away>
    Assasinate or Paralyzing strike depending if you baited his break free with foul play. Build to 5 with a devestating FB.

    First round is just to build up towards the burst kill after you blow slip away. Bleeds do a lot of damage but don't bait his CD's for insta heals. After you throw up your Healing reduction, you blow slipaway not defensively but offensively because are you going for the kill.

    The battle is about who blows CD's first loses, you have 5 second magic immunity, and a CC break + slip away.

    They have instant heals + energy dump (Transference), Traitorous influence (5 stacks, drains energy on GCD usage), and Lastly stormshackle.

    Like i said, i do so much damage on opener, bait the break free, and used cleansed soul and slip away offensively and will pull the win most of the time. ALL or NONE.
    Exactly, if you don't win the majority of your engagements with 51sin you are just bad. So many counters. So much damage.

  13. #58
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,105

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tigruz View Post
    I'd like to duel you sometime. I rarely lose to 51Sins, but they can get me if they spec 0pt BD

    Sidesteps is so OP against MM.
    Huh? I just eradicate it off ;)

    While I have all the PvP weapons, 200+ hit is the way to go in real PvP. You should be able to hit 200+ easily with weapons that would be deconned in HK.

  14. #59
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,105

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tigruz View Post
    I have 2 HK weps which equates to 100 hit. I use the R8 gun because my Lightning's Kiss (bow) sucks for PvP.
    Only 100? Um... Buy better runes.

    The RS/Sin/BD specs I really have trouble with because they can just blink to me while I cannot do anything to them. Sad thing is they can also dodge my Eradicate
    Focus on hit and then you'll win more than you lose. There are only a couple of people runnin RS/SIN/BD that I have any trouble with 1v1 as a MM. And most of the time I'm not even running a PvP variant of MM. Stupid 5 slots only BS.

  15. #60
    Ascendant Rottweiler-STi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    4,252

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zaros View Post
    rogues have two pvp specs, marksman and nightblade.
    and bard damnit!

    I'm bringing sexy back with bard action. I laugh at nb/rs rogues focusing me. Worthless baddies.
    Last edited by Rottweiler-STi; 12-04-2011 at 11:49 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts