+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Let's talk PVP

Quote Originally Posted by iontheable View Post
    Lots of interesting feedback indeed!

People who think Sin suck..generally just don't know how to play, its a very viable tree. And 51 sin/15 inf has great damage..have you read the inf tree?
    http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-ciHbiiXRKy...kidding-me.png
    Last edited by Zaros; 12-03-2011 at 10:54 AM.
    ~Quiescent

Lots of interesting feedback indeed!

People who think Sin suck..generally just don't know how to play, its a very viable tree. And 51 sin/15 inf has great damage..have you read the inf tree?
    It's not so much that it sucks, it's that it's a waste of a team spec spending all your time in stealth not doing any damage or killing anyone. While you're doing that and waiting for the perfect opportunity to pop out, i'm killing 10 people on NB.
    Last edited by Alder; 12-03-2011 at 10:57 AM.

IMO not taking cleanse soul with Assassin is asking to get your **** pushed in whenever a magic using class is around.

Yes not having a heal debuff sucks, but blame your warriors for not spamming LW around if it's a WF.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...obqdbR.Vf0cuRb

Assassin is energy starved like crazy, you are silly to not take poison mastery as it's alot of damage when all said and done.

Quote Originally Posted by Alder View Post
    It's not so much that it sucks, it's that it's a waste of a team spec spending all your time in stealth not doing any damage or killing anyone. While you're doing that and waiting for the perfect opportunity to pop out, i'm killing 10 people on NB.
    It isn't a waste when you've got 10v10 roughly, or so the enemy thinks and 2 more rogues pop out of stealth on a critical healer...thats called strategy..good SINs don't just stealth around fights and dance, they stealth around the AOE and go for healers..

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Alder View Post
    I hadn't given it much thought but you are dead on. I do feel a bit selfish when I play Sin. As NB I'm looking to try to control an area or a node, as Sin I'm basically looking to just gank peeps.

Quote Originally Posted by Hartidor View Post
    I hadn't given it much thought but you are dead on. I do feel a bit selfish when I play Sin. As NB I'm looking to try to control an area or a node, as Sin I'm basically looking to just gank peeps.
    Its a great spec when you're with an actual group, and voice chat enabled preferably.

2 sins can burn a healer very fast..

It isn't a waste when you've got 10v10 roughly, or so the enemy thinks and 2 more rogues pop out of stealth on a critical healer...thats called strategy..good SINs don't just stealth around fights and dance, they stealth around the AOE and go for healers..
    Its a great spec when you're with an actual group, and voice chat enabled preferably.

This is what I used to think, but it's simply not true. Assassins don't even do more damage than Marksmen, and Marksmen do it from 35 Meters away while applying healing debuffs.

Assassins can't tank, they have no gap closers at all--One knockback and you're screwed, and they do all physical damage, which means at higher-tier PvP they do next to nothing against healers. They're severely limited due to their lack of mobility, meaning their group viability is practically zero, considering a melee class with no gap closers is like a dog on a chain.

If you really feel like you want to contribute to your team, just run Marksman or Nightblade. It has nothing to do with Assassin being bad, it's just that all RIFT PvP is group-centric, and Assassin is designed completely against all group mechanics. It's just not viable.

Quote Originally Posted by Hartidor View Post
    ^ This is the realization you have to come to.
    Last edited by Zaros; 12-03-2011 at 12:58 PM.
    ~Quiescent

RIFT Fan Site Operator Dunharrow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mezkh View Post
    Would trade you whatever 'fixes' for Dominator in exchange for fixing Riftstalker. I'd be happy with that.
    If you're a dominator and you can't beat a rogue or warrior of any spec, then you're really bad.

Telaran

It's funny that you should mention that. I found myself thinking about what role I would have for a Sin rogue in a WoW style 5v5 arena match. Sin is a decent lock down spec (not as good as a Dom mage, but what is). I could see having a Sin rogue on one healer running some stuns on them while the rest of the team focused the other healer.

But in reality I'd rather have a MM that just spammed Eradicate and applied VM or the straight up damage and mobility from NB rather than dragging a Sin along. And if I wanted to bring control to my team I would have a Chloro/ Dom as my off healer.

The point is, Sin is fun, I enjoy the hell out of ganking people and taking their bike (Debo stylee). But at the end of the day in a group dynamic there are other specs and classes that can do what Sin does, but better.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Cinerus View Post
    51 Sin is terrible, agreed. But Sin hybrid is amazing once you get the hang of it. Here's the magic combo you've been looking for:

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...xobodzR.V0toRo

Spend the points in Assassin any way you want. Poison Mastery isn't worth it for just leeching poison imo.
    Barded from r0-6 and played the above spec from 6-8 and I'm still playing it.

All the openers and control of sin
    2 cc breaks
    Slip away for another offensive opener
    Ranged cc with lost soul
    Fell blades
    Ranged snare, builder + finisher (not imba dps but decent)
    Ebon Fury for nice burst in melee and at range

Lose to some skilled dom specs but what melee doesn't?

Fun and powerful spec

Quote Originally Posted by Zaros View Post
    I wouldn't say that, but if it gets me new toys...sure.
    Why not? I'll be happy to tell you there are some rogue specs that can beat specs from other callings. However those are the best rogue specs beating inferior other calling specs. The other callings each have a spec that can beat rogues 100% of the time.

Note: Out of those 3 specs, mage's cloro/dom takes the most skill to use effectively.

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Dunharrow View Post
    If you're a dominator and you can't beat a rogue or warrior of any spec, then you're really bad.
    And? Would you give up a Riftstalker nerf or not? If we're talking about souls that break PvP, lets start there shall we?

Quote Originally Posted by Zyzyx View Post
    Why not? I'll be happy to tell you there are some rogue specs that can beat specs from other callings. However those are the best rogue specs beating inferior other calling specs. The other callings each have a spec that can beat rogues 100% of the time.

Note: Out of those 3 specs, mage's cloro/dom takes the most skill to use effectively.
    What Zyzyx doesn't tell you is those specs that can 'beat' his rogue specs are all duelspecs that are very much subpar in anything scaled up from 1v1.
    Last edited by Mezkh; 12-03-2011 at 03:33 PM.

Telaran

PS my spec is slightly different but same idea

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...hoboddR.V0toho

Quote Originally Posted by Mezkh View Post
    What Zyzyx doesn't tell you is those specs that can 'beat' his rogue specs are all duelspecs that are very much subpar in anything scaled up from 1v1.
    You are correct. scaling up from 1v1. Rogues have fan out which does like 200 damage aoe to 8 targets. Compare that to warriors that aoe fear entire teams while they kill healers in 1 or 2 gcd's with the option aoe silencing everyone from the backline or clerics and mages who kill entire teams in seconds. Once you look past the fact that other callings can kill us 100% of the time 1v1 you see they are significantly better than us in bigger scale pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyzyx View Post
    You are correct. scaling up from 1v1. Rogues have fan out which does like 200 damage aoe to 8 targets. Compare that to warriors that aoe fear entire teams while they kill healers in 1 or 2 gcd's with the option aoe silencing everyone from the backline or clerics and mages who kill entire teams in seconds. Once you look past the fact that other callings can kill us 100% of the time 1v1 you see they are significantly better than us in bigger scale pvp.
    You're such a troll it's hilarious lol
    ~Quiescent

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast